Lewis County

Stat_pack1

What is the opinion of LCHS matching up against Marshall, Springhill, Giles and Page. We know thay can play with the others in the old 6AA, but was curious on the next level how everyone things they will do. What do you think the strengths of LCHS this year? I have been reading about how many freshman have come out.......amazing for a small school. Whats the numbers on The seniors this year.......the number I heard (as starters) is only about 5 or 6.....is that correct?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are yall looking this year?...i heard that yall are rebuilding....

Rebuilding. I hear they are working hard in the weights, won't know much till they play this spring and get so see what they have. Their schedule this year is going to be one tough won. But LCHS does have good coaching and there always seems to be those few players that step up and come out of nowhere. Interesting year for Lewis.

What is the opinion of LCHS matching up against Marshall, Springhill, Giles and Page. We know thay can play with the others in the old 6AA, but was curious on the next level how everyone things they will do. What do you think the strengths of LCHS this year? I have been reading about how many freshman have come out.......amazing for a small school. Whats the numbers on The seniors this year.......the number I heard (as starters) is only about 5 or 6.....is that correct?

I think that during the last couple of years LC could have been very competitive with all the bigger schools. I think this year it will be more difficult because of two things. First of all, all 4 of them are better overall than in the past. Second, LC has to fill some big shoes with the loss of some very good players. Fact is that you can??™t substitute for lack of experience. Can LC be competitive with the big 4 (larger in numbers, thus the name ???big 4???)? I believe that we can if some things fall into place. LC must grow up quick and avoid injuries. I think that everyone will agree that having 300+ more students to choose from allows for more depth. On the other hand if LC has a few key injuries it could mean more than a couple of losses. Also, contraire to what some might think there are not confidence builders on LC schedule. Wayne County may have the best team that they have ever had and Collinwood and MP won??™t be a push over either. Some see single A in front of schools name and assume easy. The fact is LC are closer in student numbers to all three of those schools then any of the big 4. I am not sure who LC will scrimmage in the spring. I understand that we didn't have practice at the end of February because there was no one to scrimmage. If Camden is going at that time then that would probably be one of ours. I doubt they go to the lifting competition and I understand the pros and cons of going. Before spring break they were in a good cycle and will max when they come back from Spring Break.

I wouldn't think Lewis would overlook anyone. I looked at last years results, and the toughess game that I seen (by score) was MTP. I understand that Lewis pulled it out at the end of the game. So I would think that no one in Lewis would assume anyone is going to be an easy game. Lewis has a tough road ahead of them Big Challenge. But by reading some of the post here, the effort is being put out. I have seen predictions on here for next year, anywhere from a 4-6 record to a 8-2. As said , it is hard to guess how this years team will do. But ............it won't be from lack of effort by both coaches and players. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do with all the new issues (graduation, new schedule, lack of experience etc.). This year will show what Lewis county is made of ......!

Good Luck!

Agree with you turf! Lewis isn't taken anything for granted. They see no gimmies'. As ddaddy said......injuries would be the biggest thing. They are not that deep in experience and to lose any of the experience players would be a major blow. They have some pretty darn good players, but can't afford to lose a single one. My friends son said that they are taking everyone serious. They have a lot to prove now. Everyone always critized Lewis for a soft schedule, but this coming year should end that conversation. 8 or 10 were playoff teams last year, so there is no fridays off as said earlier.

Be interesting to watch them in there spring games and see what they have. They have talent, its just a matter of getting it together in time. I still agree the line will play a huge part in the win/loses next year. But knowing the type of coaches they have, the will find a way.

How is things going up your way turf......here any news on how they are doing?

I think that during the last couple of years LC could have been very competitive with all the bigger schools. I think this year it will be more difficult because of two things. First of all, all 4 of them are better overall than in the past. Second, LC has to fill some big shoes with the loss of some very good players. Fact is that you can??™t substitute for lack of experience. Can LC be competitive with the big 4 (larger in numbers, thus the name ???big 4???)? I believe that we can if some things fall into place. LC must grow up quick and avoid injuries. I think that everyone will agree that having 300+ more students to choose from allows for more depth. On the other hand if LC has a few key injuries it could mean more than a couple of losses. Also, contraire to what some might think there are not confidence builders on LC schedule. Wayne County may have the best team that they have ever had and Collinwood and MP won??™t be a push over either. Some see single A in front of schools name and assume easy. The fact is LC are closer in student numbers to all three of those schools then any of the big 4. I am not sure who LC will scrimmage in the spring. I understand that we didn't have practice at the end of February because there was no one to scrimmage. If Camden is going at that time then that would probably be one of ours. I doubt they go to the lifting competition and I understand the pros and cons of going. Before spring break they were in a good cycle and will max when they come back from Spring Break.

How did the max go?

I don't see any easy ones on their schedule. From opening game to the end, they all are going to be good games.

They now have 4 who have subjugated the 300lb bench and like I alleged previously just about 20 over 250. It??™s encouraging to see the basketball guys starting to get into the grove of lifting and I think they will soon be seeing some good jumps. I believe that you have to be strong to be really good, but that??™s not all that it takes. If we look like Tarzan and hit like Jane that won??™t get it done.

They now have 4 who have subjugated the 300lb bench and like I alleged previously just about 20 over 250. It??™s encouraging to see the basketball guys starting to get into the grove of lifting and I think they will soon be seeing some good jumps. I believe that you have to be strong to be really good, but that??™s not all that it takes. If we look like Tarzan and hit like Jane that won??™t get it done.

That is darn impressive. If it translates to football, that indeed is excellent. Such a small school and to be turning out those numbers. How is the attitude coming along. I read some of previous post and you seemed to be concerned about that. They showing signs of it coming around? They seniors taking control and showing some leadership yet?

I guess there still is no dates or teams that they are playing yet confirmed for spring.

Appreciate the info.

That is VERY impressive. Any speed surfacing? Reading the post there was a concern of lack of speed. How many total is set to play at this point. Lewis must eat, drink and breath football. What are you feeding those boys down there.....lol. Whatever it is I wouldn't stop. Congrads to all the players that hit the 300 mark, That is a tough number for young hs boys to get. It sure sounds like Lewis is putting in the effort, no doubt about it. Going to need everything they can get with the new district. Its going to be tough , but with the coaching and effort.......look forward to seeing how Lewis does this year. Keep up the hard work.

ddaddy, any word on the speed part? Who is going to handle the kicking and punting this year. I noticed that both the kick-off player and the extra point kicker both were seniors. How about punting. Sure is a lot of holes to fill for this coming season. Keep up the hard work! BTW.....heard the spring is going to be Camden and Bruceton.....is that right. Any dates on it?