Lewis County

Stat_pack1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 out of 10 on this years schedule all where playoff teams last year........very impressive schedule. One of them from last year that didn't make it, Springhill, should be in the hunt for a playoff spot this year.

I know the people in Lewis are wondering how well they will compete against a much tougher schedule. I think with the coaching and the effort......the answer.......Very well! The more you read about it........the more you believe they can. If the kids start believing in themselves.......it just might happen.

Keep hitting it hard........going to take everything you have.......no fridays off this year. No more Loretto's, Richland etc. Every Friday is big game night.

The coaches haven't changed........only the players. Its up to the players to take the challenge. Good luck.........don't take your foot off the pedal.....hammer it down!

I feel that Lewis County will have a HUGE adjustment with the new teams coming in. My team Page is going to be down but they spread you out and you better have some fast athletes to counter. Giles, Marshall, and Spring Hill will change your landscape...i would include us if we jell early on.

The speed is going to be drastically different. Those LB's Lewis has had better be able to cover the pass and the spread.

Certainly going to be a change for Lewis, no doubt about it. Speed, Offense etc. The coaches have their work cut out for them this year. The defense is going to be key I believe. If they can handle the speed and size. The offense they will face will be differant. No doubt its going to take some work for Lewis county players and coaches. Lewis is rebuilding this year...so its going to be interesting to see how they respond. I think Lewis will be competitive. The odds are stacked against them this year, but they do have great coaching and players that play hard. They will be playing schools so much bigger. The depth of talent will a tough one for them. The bigger schools such as Marshall , Giles, Page and Springhill do have an advantage as far as the number of true athletes, but..............Lewis has shown they have the grit to play hard with whoever they face.

One thing for sure, its going to be interesting year for all of the Lewis county football fans.

Time will tell.

Who does Lewis have for spring games? Lewis players will have to really get down with it this year. The players now will have to play every play, every down with meaning. No more soft schedule. The players now will have to play football all the time. Reading all this on the board it does sound like the hard work for the schedule is being put in. Lewis will have to have their "A" game every week.

Who does Lewis have for spring games? Lewis players will have to really get down with it this year. The players now will have to play every play, every down with meaning. No more soft schedule. The players now will have to play football all the time. Reading all this on the board it does sound like the hard work for the schedule is being put in. Lewis will have to have their "A" game every week.

Every sign coming out of LCHS is good. They won't lose because of lack of effort. I still think (based on what I have read) that Lewis will be a surprise for all. This year it is time for Lewis To get the respect they deserve. They have great coaches.......and even better kids. May not be the biggest, fastest or strongest, but they will be the players that give it all they have. This years LCHS team has a challenge ahead of them that hasn't been seen in years at Lewis and I think these young men will step up and meet it head on........they might even surprise their coaching staff.

Is Lewis going the Weight Lifting Tournament in Spring Hill? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Haven't heard anything on it yet. Let you know if I do. I know they have a couple that would do well, but don't know about their depth right now. They are trying to develope so many right now. They will be heavy with Freshman and sophs. this year. I have heard some of the weights that some of them can do.........some are awesome on squats, others on powercleans and others on bench. They have only a couple that could compete in all 3 right now. Reading some of the board here, they have one smaller kid that sounds like a freak. 165-170 doing 300 on bench, and from what I heard he is good on the squat and powerclean also. Only getting stronger each week. They have a senior that can power clean (told, don't know if fact) around 200lb that powercleaning 275 now.

Anyway back to the original question........I'll see what I can find out and let you know about the competition.

Talked to a friend of mine over Lewis way and he said that he was getting excited on this team now. He told me that the backfield listed earlier would be something to contend with. He said that team was coming together with the attitudes and effort by some that others didn't think would come around.

Said the kids are getting excited about spring games and the season. Said that this group was a lot closer as a team overall that previous. Which is good to hear, cause with the schedule everyone needs to be on the same page. Really sounds positive over there. Also told me that they had some speed developing, which they certainly will need. He believed the defense might be their greatess strength next year. Everything is sounding better for Lewis in their rebuilding year.........who knows it could become a reloading year!

As said........Great Coaches and Great Kids=winning!

66in74.......Nothing new on the question of the lifting competition. From what I hear.......I would guess they won't go.

Not enough ready for something like that.

I'll let you know if I hear anything differant. They are getting fired up now. All I hear is how much they wish the season was here already. Good to hear they are excited. I guess after the spring games they will know what they have and where they stand.

66in74.......Nothing new on the question of the lifting competition. From what I hear.......I would guess they won't go.

Not enough ready for something like that.

I'll let you know if I hear anything differant. They are getting fired up now. All I hear is how much they wish the season was here already. Good to hear they are excited. I guess after the spring games they will know what they have and where they stand.

Wish they would. Wish all the New 12AA District would show up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Think it will be a "slober knocker" district. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Is that a word? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wish they would. Wish all the New 12AA District would show up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Think it will be a "slober knocker" district. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Is that a word? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If I had to guess......I would say they won't. Did here they had almost 40 freshman coming in this year........amazing! Course You know how that will go......half will drop when the summer rolls around and they start getting hit, but for a school the size of Lewis that is one heck of a number. On paper that District (12) looks to be one of the best in the state. But there is a lot of question to be answer. As stated before both Lewis and Hickman was hit hard by graduation, so they have a lot of work. EHHS is in turmoil so really don't know whats going to happen this year. Fairview had the Horses for a good run, but they have issues there also, but if they can get things settled down they should be very competitive with the big boys. Lewis has one good thing.......they have stable coaching. Last year they lost two asst. and still had a good season, course that was the old schedule. But have to agree with you...........This could be one nasty District. I haven't seen all the out of district games for all of the teams in 12, but I would bet they will show well, and then like the SEC, the will beat each other up week after week during district play. I still haven't figure out this realignment, as to why and how they come up with it. Lewis being the smallest school in the District playing the likes of Giles with almost double the student population. Well one good thing, no one can complain about Lewis schedule this year. It sure has the making of one heck of a year for all of them. ONE HECK OF A DISTRICT!