AE or Fulton

BallKing2008

AE and Fulton looked real good today at the Tip-Off Classic at UT. Both teams showed much spunk. Fulton did sputter a little in the 2nd, but several players were being rotated in.

AE on the other hand, minus a few players, did an outstanding job of pressuring the ball, great ball movement, and the point being on point. Brandon Lopez showed his ability to pass, shoot, and dunk the ball with ease. The way this kid has been playing of late, big things will come of it. His vision on the floor should give AE an upper hand in overcoming Fulton's ownership of the game.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE and Fulton looked real good today at the Tip-Off Classic at UT. Both teams showed much spunk. Fulton did sputter a little in the 2nd, but several players were being rotated in.

AE on the other hand, minus a few players, did an outstanding job of pressuring the ball, great ball movement, and the point being on point. Brandon Lopez showed his ability to pass, shoot, and dunk the ball with ease. The way this kid has been playing of late, big things will come of it. His vision on the floor should give AE an upper hand in overcoming Fulton's ownership of the game.

I saw Lopez at the playday at Liberty and came away very Impressed. Kid has major upside and a very bright future and only sophmore...is that right?

BBALLKING, do you see the two AE players involved with the trouble still playing basketball immediately after football or do you think there could be repercussions from parents/Mitchell/administration?

I think that they will be playing and the reason I'm telling you this is because the media has been satisfied. One other thing, the names were not released, so not too many people outside know who they are, because this would be a violation of law. The suspension was also for one game. AE will continue on as if nothing ever happened.

I saw Lopez at the playday at Liberty and came away very Impressed. Kid has major upside and a very bright future and only sophmore...is that right?

Yes that is true, he is only a sophmore.

BBALLKING, do you see the two AE players involved with the trouble still playing basketball immediately after football or do you think there could be repercussions from parents/Mitchell/administration?

Who are the 2 men you're talking about? No one knows the other 6 players invovled in this situation. Also, those people involved were FOOTBALL players not BAsketball.. Like ballking said, the media has blown this up so there's nothing else to say or do...

the FOOTBALL players will be back for next weeks game.

AE and Anderson County game is coming up. What will AC have to do against AE. AC will have to slow down the game, and get control of the lane. Shut down the lane and it will be a close one. Brandon Lopez will have to be played straight up, because he can go either way with the ball. Deny, Deny, and Deny the ball in the lane. Dont let them penetrate for the quick dump down to their big guys, and get control of the boards. As I have said, it will be a tough game for AC, but it can be done with a game plan and with heart.

I wonder if Chase Jones will play since he wasn't allowed to against Catholic on Friday. Is AC still without Rorex? He would definitely help against AE's pressure. Jones and Pryor will be out of shape but it shouldn't matter. The best way to get the ball inside for AE is to shoot it and let the big guys rebound. AC will be hard pressed to keep this close. They do not have the talent or the toughness to play with the Roadrunners.

I wonder if Chase Jones will play since he wasn't allowed to against Catholic on Friday. Is AC still without Rorex? He would definitely help against AE's pressure. Jones and Pryor will be out of shape but it shouldn't matter. The best way to get the ball inside for AE is to shoot it and let the big guys rebound. AC will be hard pressed to keep this close. They do not have the talent or the toughness to play with the Roadrunners.

I think Rorex might still be out. Chase Jones should still play unless his parents keep him out of it. The question is how will AE act when the big boys return. You got a point about AE's pressure, we will just have to wait and see.

Saw the AE and AC game last night. Althought the score may settle this, I for once, saw a glimmer in the game that would give Anderson County an uplift. AE came out of the box running, and running is what they do best. Tough Dfence, the entire lenght of the court made it hard on AC to get a grip. After several mins. of play AC was able to figure out how to slow down the game on AE, and stop the dribble penetration of B. Lopez in the lane. Only if AC's shots were on, would this be a closer game than what we now read about. AE after facing a slow down in the pace of the game, and watching the movement of the ball up the court by AC, under entensive shock and awe of the roadrunners attack on the ball, was able to maintain composure and still play their game. I give a hand to Coach Wallace for his ability to get some control over his team, and make it something hard for AE to work for.

AE get ready and pace yourself for the slow down in your game play by other teams. Stay ahead and keep your game going at all times, and don't back down and think it is over. I saw it several times last year and a couple of times it came back and bit you. Drive that game until it can't drive anymore. Last night was a good show, but it can and should be better. Congrats AE.