U-16 Girls State League

MVM

Yes...I will be there! I think that you play at 8:00 and we play at 9:15.....same field....hope to see you!

Soccermom sorry I missed you....I was froze from the 8:00 game and rushed to the car after our game was done. Keep us informed on the next Tourny that the Lobos do. I have also enjoyed meeting people from the coacht family.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccermom sorry I missed you....I was froze from the 8:00 game and rushed to the car after our game was done. Keep us informed on the next Tourny that the Lobos do. I have also enjoyed meeting people from the coacht family.

We actually got there right at game time as my daughter rode to the game from the hotel with another family. It was so cold the entire weekend....and of course, for us, a VERY long drive!

With the newly merged team, we were happy with our play with 2 wins, 1 tie, and then a loss in the finals. The team consists of 8 previous team players and 8 integrated players, and this play represented our first play together as a team since the high school season finished last month. Six of the new players have been together for years on Purple Rain and some of the girls had guest played frequently with Lobos.....so the future is hopefully bright for the girls.

It looks like you had a great weekend, and I know that you are still incorporating some new players, too. Of course, all of the teams that we played this weekend have been playing together since summer as their high school season will start in the spring.... so all in all, good results for TN teams in GA!

We actually got there right at game time as my daughter rode to the game from the hotel with another family. It was so cold the entire weekend....and of course, for us, a VERY long drive!

With the newly merged team, we were happy with our play with 2 wins, 1 tie, and then a loss in the finals. The team consists of 8 previous team players and 8 integrated players, and this play represented our first play together as a team since the high school season finished last month. Six of the new players have been together for years on Purple Rain and some of the girls had guest played frequently with Lobos.....so the future is hopefully bright for the girls.

It looks like you had a great weekend, and I know that you are still incorporating some new players, too. Of course, all of the teams that we played this weekend have been playing together since summer as their high school season will start in the spring.... so all in all, good results for TN teams in GA!

I thought we did well, I was hoping for a all Tn final, but couldn't pull off that Sunday win even though we controlled most of the game. Oh well, At least I got home in time to see the Titans play.

I thought we did well, I was hoping for a all Tn final, but couldn't pull off that Sunday win even though we controlled most of the game. Oh well, At least I got home in time to see the Titans play.

It would have been great to have all TN in the finals. It was really heatbreaking for the girls....we controlled most of the game against ASA.....had 10 or more quality shots but couldn't get it in the net. They, at most, had 3 to 4 quality shots on goal. Our next tournament is in Little Rock at the end of January. We haven't decided the remainder of the Spring tournament schedule, but we will hopefully meet up at the state tournament!

• 4 weeks later...

RE who's who?

1. With a great amount of work, Soccerincollege provides all the player's names. The potential exists to figure out who is who and who changed clubs. MVM...you the man, you could do it!

2. Old news here but when MFC & Fury merged, you need to consider a couple of Purple Rain players that may have joined in as well. Consolidation will eventually find most players wearing a different jersey..not all.

RE who's who?

1. With a great amount of work, Soccerincollege provides all the player's names. The potential exists to figure out who is who and who changed clubs. MVM...you the man, you could do it!

2. Old news here but when MFC & Fury merged, you need to consider a couple of Purple Rain players that may have joined in as well. Consolidation will eventually find most players wearing a different jersey..not all.

The 16 Purple Rain 93 players went to the following teams:

Seven to Lady Lobos - 6 that were starters (3 midfielders, 2 forwards and 1 defender) to '93 team and 1 to the '94 team (midfielder)

Four to 92 TN Rush - all 4 were starters (a midfielder, a GK/forward, 2 defenders)

One to MidSouth (Fury/MFC merger) - not a starter (a midfielder)

One with a torn ACL - a starter (a defender) who is still recovering

Three decided to not continue to play club soccer and only play high school (not starters)

The 16 Purple Rain 93 players went to the following teams:

Seven to Lady Lobos - 6 that were starters (3 midfielders, 2 forwards and 1 defender) to '93 team and 1 to the '94 team (midfielder)

Four to 92 TN Rush - all 4 were starters (a midfielder, a GK/forward, 2 defenders)

One to MidSouth (Fury/MFC merger) - not a starter (a midfielder)

One with a torn ACL - a starter (a defender) who is still recovering

Three decided to not continue to play club soccer and only play high school (not starters)

Exactly!

MVM, everybody has a calling.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with the 93 Metros team playing in the U-16 State league. Anyone know anything about this team?

I know nothing (As usual) about the Metro's. But here are the first set of games.

U16 Schedule Division 1

Date Location Home Team Score Away Team

2/21/2009 Hendersonville... CSA 93 Lady Lobos... ERSA Express 93 Red

2/21/2009 Hendersonville... Knoxville FC Crush 93 Blue... Harpeth FC Premier 93

2/22/2009 Hendersonville... CSA 93 Lady Lobos... Knoxville FC Crush 93 Blue

2/22/2009 Hendersonville... Nashville Metros 93 Girls... ERSA Express 93 Red

• 4 weeks later...

I'll ask it again.....Does anyone know anything about Nash. Metro's?

Soccermom are you packed?

Wish that I was going this weekend! However, my husband is doing this trip and I'm staying home with my older daughter who is playing in the Midsouth FC tournament here in Memphis!

For the many years that I was coaching my younger daughter's team, I usually had to sacrifice the older daughter's games when there were conflicts....now that I have retired from coaching, I can spend a little more time at her games for her senior year!

The Nashville Metros have a website....but from what I could see, there isn't any detailed info about this U16 team.....it will be interesting to see! Good luck against them!

We will be back in Nashville....the entire family for our state league games being played at Brentwood Academy on the 28th and 1st.