U-16 Girls State League

MVM

Wish that I was going this weekend! However, my husband is doing this trip and I'm staying home with my older daughter who is playing in the Midsouth FC tournament here in Memphis!

For the many years that I was coaching my younger daughter's team, I usually had to sacrifice the older daughter's games when there were conflicts....now that I have retired from coaching, I can spend a little more time at her games for her senior year!

The Nashville Metros have a website....but from what I could see, there isn't any detailed info about this U16 team.....it will be interesting to see! Good luck against them!

We will be back in Nashville....the entire family for our state league games being played at Brentwood Academy on the 28th and 1st.

I'll be there Sat. for the Lobos game, but gotta be back in Chatt town to wear the stripes.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering how the teams looked this weekend?

I was only there for Saturdays games and not Sundays games. But, between the sideways rain and the snow showers I really didn't get to see much. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All joking a side all the teams that I saw looked pretty evenly matched under the conditions that they were playing under. Whoever had the 25 mph wind at their back of course controlled the match. So you had a game of two halves. The rest of the games should be real slobber nocken games.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any U-16 state games scheduled this weekend? I looked at the schedule on the TN State site and it seems to be incorrect.

I know last weeks games got cancelled. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> So who knows, haven't spoke with my General buddies to see when/if the games got rescheduled.

Phool the state website ......well it lacks and thats all I'll say about that.

Any idea why the M'boro team is not in the State League this season? Did they split up?

I believe they were runner ups last year which means they are playing regional games and not the state league. They will get an automatic bid to the upcoming state tourny.

Any idea why the M'boro team is not in the State League this season? Did they split up?

I talked with their team manager a few weeks ago. They actually did split up. They were a mix of 93 and 94 players. Many of the 94 players went to the Brentwood team, some of the 93 players are playing on the '92 team and I think that the rest went several different ways.