2009 Sequoyah Football Schedule

This can be a breakout season for the Chiefs. Realisticly 3-0 going into LC, and thats a very winnable game.The next 4 games will be a hard stretch. CAK, McMC, Polk, and Loudon will be a huge test. Win 2 out of those 4 and the corner is almost turned. 2009 will be the year the Wildcats fall to the Chiefs. Sweetwater has some issues from what I've heard.

Maybe i'm missing something,and maybe they lost alot,don't know much about them ,but seems like scott co.may not be to bad.They went 5 and 5 and played some pretty good football teams.

And don't sell tellico short,they were still young last year,and get most players back,with alot of experiance under there belt.

I do look for meigs to be down again,having alot of things going on over there i think.

Cak will be a throwing team,that seems to be our weakness.Glad we have them early,they get better has they go.

Central will be the team to beat,they will be good,i think they fall off after next year.

Polk will be fighting for the top spot,will be better this coming year.

Loudon was young will also be a little better then last year.

L.c has been struggling,has of late but will not be a push over.

Singal mtn.I have no friging clue.

Look for Sweetwater to be down .but still have some good players coming back.

The key for SEQ.is the weight room and the coachs having everything in place before the 1st game.Lets face it ,its a rebuilding year.We lost at least 11 starters off.and def. combined.I think the key is getting early wins for cofidence.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right, and with some early wins that confidence could quickly come. Signal Mountain is a relatively new school. Had heard that they are pulling kids from several different schools, most notably South Pitt. Now thats not to say that the athletes at South Pitt will leave, but from what I have heard Signal Mountain should have a pretty good product to put on the field next year.

I'm with you flyingblind, I am glad they are renewing the Loudon-Sequoyah game. The few times they have played in the past have been great ballgames and I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed like there was an instant rivalry just waiting to happen since the first time they played. Loudon had a good year with those Sophs playing, 8-5 I think, and it will pay dividends for the Redskins the next two years.

Tellico will be improved from last year and I think they will benefit from moving back down in classification. Hated to see that region rivalry go away but at least the county rivalry will remain. Tellico's new district rivalry will probably wind up being Greenback. That will be like the Seq.-Loudon game. A natural rivalry that just seems to happen.

Thats right, and with some early wins that confidence could quickly come. Signal Mountain is a relatively new school. Had heard that they are pulling kids from several different schools, most notably South Pitt. Now thats not to say that the athletes at South Pitt will leave, but from what I have heard Signal Mountain should have a pretty good product to put on the field next year.

I'm with you flyingblind, I am glad they are renewing the Loudon-Sequoyah game. The few times they have played in the past have been great ballgames and I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed like there was an instant rivalry just waiting to happen since the first time they played. Loudon had a good year with those Sophs playing, 8-5 I think, and it will pay dividends for the Redskins the next two years.

Tellico will be improved from last year and I think they will benefit from moving back down in classification. Hated to see that region rivalry go away but at least the county rivalry will remain. Tellico's new district rivalry will probably wind up being Greenback. That will be like the Seq.-Loudon game. A natural rivalry that just seems to happen.

The great thing about the Seqouyah/Loudon games is there is not a bunch of drama, just some classic, hard nosed, high school football. These have been great games to watch over the years.

The great thing about the Seqouyah/Loudon games is there is not a bunch of drama, just some classic, hard nosed, high school football. These have been great games to watch over the years.

I agree totally. It seems like there is a mutual respect between these two programs which makes the games that much better.

I don't think McMinn Central will be as good as last year, and this is a very winnable game. CAK is a different offense than what most teams are used to, Polk is always disciplined and plays hard, and Loudon will start seeing the results for all those sophomores that started on 2008. Glad to see the Chiefs and Redskins squaring off again.

Looking at our schedule its not that strong. But I do think Polk and Central will be the toughest two games. Central has alot coming back. They should be pretty good next year. Its the year after that you will see them drop off some. Polk was young this year, I look for them to be pretty good next year. They are my preseason favorite to win the District.

Looking at our schedule its not that strong. But I do think Polk and Central will be the toughest two games. Central has alot coming back. They should be pretty good next year. Its the year after that you will see them drop off some. Polk was young this year, I look for them to be pretty good next year. They are my preseason favorite to win the District.

Looking at the schedule, Loudon will be your toughest game. I am a little biased, but this is a 3rd round playoff team in 2008. They lost 1 offensive lineman, plus the Plemmons kid at QB is a dual threat. Defensively, they lose 3 starters. The entire defensive line comes back. I've also heard the Brown kid is playing next year, so that,s a RB, and DB spot that will be sound. Should be some great match-ups.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the 2009 schedule for the Chiefs next year:

Aug 21 Scott County Away

Aug 28 Tellico Plains Home

Sept 4 Meigs County* Home

Sept 11 Lenoir City Away

Sept 18 OPEN

Sept 25 CAK Away

Oct 2 McMinn Central* Away

Oct 9 Signal Mtn. Home

Oct 16 Polk County* Home

Oct 23 Loudon Home

Oct 30 Sweetwater* Away

* District Games

Glad to see Loudon back on the schedule. Interested in seeing Signal Mountain. New school that is rumored to be pulling some talent from South Pitt. If that's true it shouldn't take long to have a good program.