Wayne Randall is out at Munford

MarkH

Everbody loves the rivalry game! I know it stinks Millington beats you every year but think about how much money will be lost if this game is not renewed. Munford could use that money and pump it back into the program! They need to find a coach to put these kids in the weightroom so they won't get hurt as much during the season!

They work out everyday genious. But that does not matter when the guy ur lined up across from is already twice ur size and works out everyday as well. Screw the money, yopur sayin we should be more worried about the money than the health of the players? there is somethin wrong with u.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They work out everyday genious. But that does not matter when the guy ur lined up across from is already twice ur size and works out everyday as well. Screw the money, yopur sayin we should be more worried about the money than the health of the players? there is somethin wrong with u.

that's not what I'm saying chump if you work your but off in the weightroom the guy lined up in front of you won't be twice your size. It's football if teams are scared to play other teams they shouldn't play! Y'all have some kids in the band bigger than your football players! So I guess the band works out harder that the football team right? Something is wrong with you it's not about being bigger faster stronger it's about the communties standing behind there team and watching a county line brawl that's what people want to see !

The only thing I can say about the M & M Bowl is this. It needs to be played. The host team EVERY YEAR makes between $25-30,000 counting concessions. The only other game that I can think of that makes that type of money would be MUS-CBHS. Everyone who knows me knows where my allegiances lie and if Millington had lost this game for 10 straight years, I would still play the game because of the gate. With the way that the economy is, you have to take advantage of every situation that you can.

Wayne Randall isn't the only coach in the city that does'nt swap tape. There are a number of coaches that won't swap tape. Some of them very good coaches, so I would say 99% is a pretty big number. When I was at Craigmont a couple of years ago out of 10 games we got film maybe 4 or 5 games I think. I am at a private school now and there was a time last year playing in the big school division we didn't get tape because the coach never would return our calls or emails.

I don't know about realgame, but I coached for a while, and while 99% may be high, 90% is probably low. Coaches who refuse to swap are just plain SORRY!!!!! It doesn't help them at all, in fact it is to their own detriment. The ONLY thing not swapping does is to cause an unnecessary inconvenience for the opposing coach, and for the fool who won't swap. The reason I say that is because each team is going to end up with tapes, so why not swap and be cooperative.

WAKE UP!!! He apparently is doing more wrong than right, because he appears to be out of a job!!

First off the M&M bowl, yea great game, loved it, lost it every year, its not about being scared, them boys aint scared of any team, if they were they wouldnt show up. As i said before its not an issue of money or scaredness. The issue now, for all of you immoral, dumb twits, is the players safety. That is the more important issue here. When 7 players get put out for half the season because of one game, you, as a coach need to know when to stop it.

Secondly, the size disadvantage, which for all of u who can not put two and two together links it to the m&m bowl, you can work out as much as you want but when all ur lineman are under 6 foot averaging maybe 250 if they are lucky goes against a line that is all over 6 foot and 300 lbs. there is always gonna be a disadvantage. and im not going into swapping film.

Like I have always said I wish they would have has this M and M bowl when I played at Munford because it was a lot more even. It seems now that Munford is down this game is a very big deal to Millington. The money does support the two programs so I am all for that. And I mean down as in classification not record.

The reason it's a big deal is because of how close the schools/communities are and how much money is made for each school every other year. It has nothing to do as far as Munford being down in classification. We have played each other in the past -when we were in the same league and in other years. When we were not in the same league and played the game later in the season, it didn't have the same WOW factor. There is always something about the first game of the year and that is what the two schools agreed upon 10 years ago. Only in the last couple of years has it not been the first game of the year because of a couple of reasons. When they put in the week long fall break, teams did not want to worry about changing their routines as far as practice and everything else for that week so we moved our game vs Bartlett up to week 0 (something a lot of teams did that year). Then Munford start scheduling a game the week before the M & M Bowl (for what reason I do not know)

As I stated earlier, even if we had been losing this game 10 years in a row, we would still play the game. This game and the atmosphere is what high school football is all about. Only in the past couple of years has the game been one sided. There have been a number of close games even though Munford has lost 6 in a row.

Footballfan50, it all happens in cycles. I can remember a number of years when Munford was bigger than we were. Munford's problem since Darry Marshall quit coaching has been stability in the progam. How many different head coaches have been there since then? I think at least 4 or 5. Every new coach comes in and has his way of doing things and the kids have to learn all over again what that coach wants them to do. Plus you are only as good as your feeder program. If your 7th and 8th graders are learning what offense and defense you are running at the varsity level then it can only benefit you when they get to high school. But with so many coaching changes and different offenses being run, there is no consistency. You might not need any big lineman to play in a finesse offense. If you want to play smashmouth football, you probably need some. Get some stability at head coach and things will work out.

The reason it's a big deal is because of how close the schools/communities are and how much money is made for each school every other year. It has nothing to do as far as Munford being down in classification. We have played each other in the past -when we were in the same league and in other years. When we were not in the same league and played the game later in the season, it didn't have the same WOW factor. There is always something about the first game of the year and that is what the two schools agreed upon 10 years ago. Only in the last couple of years has it not been the first game of the year because of a couple of reasons. When they put in the week long fall break, teams did not want to worry about changing their routines as far as practice and everything else for that week so we moved our game vs Bartlett up to week 0 (something a lot of teams did that year). Then Munford start scheduling a game the week before the M & M Bowl (for what reason I do not know)

As I stated earlier, even if we had been losing this game 10 years in a row, we would still play the game. This game and the atmosphere is what high school football is all about. Only in the past couple of years has the game been one sided. There have been a number of close games even though Munford has lost 6 in a row.

Footballfan50, it all happens in cycles. I can remember a number of years when Munford was bigger than we were. Munford's problem since Darry Marshall quit coaching has been stability in the progam. How many different head coaches have been there since then? I think at least 4 or 5. Every new coach comes in and has his way of doing things and the kids have to learn all over again what that coach wants them to do. Plus you are only as good as your feeder program. If your 7th and 8th graders are learning what offense and defense you are running at the varsity level then it can only benefit you when they get to high school. But with so many coaching changes and different offenses being run, there is no consistency. You might not need any big lineman to play in a finesse offense. If you want to play smashmouth football, you probably need some. Get some stability at head coach and things will work out.

I wasn't saying that the game wasn't a big deal because it always has been. I have always thought it kinda funny that as soon as Munford went down and Millington starting getting consistently good those M and M bowl banners went up, but if it is a big deal now because of it being the first game of the season I will take you at your word. Just didn't know why it all of the sudden (well since it has been called the M and M bowl) it became huge, but you cleared it up for me.

Actually the banners went up when I took over as booster club president about 8 years ago. I wanted to make sure and let people know when the game was because I would get asked about it all the time. So that's the reason for the banners.

Yeah I knew it was around then. My senior year was the year we beat Galloway and Calico.

Yeah I knew it was around then. My senior year was the year we beat Galloway and Calico.

Ace5 I played on that team with Galloway and Calico,I hate that we never got a chance to beat Ya'll it still burns me to this day ha ha.I work with Mike Mills and we always tease eachother about the old days.Even though he says he still says he left cleat marks on my chest ha ha.This game is speacil ten years later to a bunch of old men like us.I just know these kids will feel the same about it later on in life also.