Autozone Liberty Bowl High School All Star Game (Memphis)

kwc

If you come in the gate on the MUS side, walk to your right in the concessions corridor. When you get to the end, follow the sidewalk down to the tailgate area...it's sort of beside the scoreboard. You'll know you are there when you see the plaque designating it as a memorial tailgate area. There aren't any benches or permanent tables, but you can walk over and stand at the fence to watch whichever team will be warming up on the south end. Just my recommendation as a meeting spot.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you come in the gate on the MUS side, walk to your right in the concessions corridor. When you get to the end, follow the sidewalk down to the tailgate area...it's sort of beside the scoreboard. You'll know you are there when you see the plaque designating it as a memorial tailgate area. There aren't any benches or permanent tables, but you can walk over and stand at the fence to watch whichever team will be warming up on the south end. Just my recommendation as a meeting spot.

Sounds like a plan to me ... what time do we congergate?

Congratulations to the Red team All-Stars for the first-ever shut out in the Liberty Bowl All Star game, and a special congratulations to the MUS players who were victorious in their last game in the MUS stadium: Michael Folk, Cliff Jones, Walt Wepfer and Will Stokes.

Has anyone checked to see if Wepfer's 77 yard punt was a game record?

Congratulations to the Red team All-Stars for the first-ever shut out in the Liberty Bowl All Star game, and a special congratulations to the MUS players who were victorious in their last game in the MUS stadium: Michael Folk, Cliff Jones, Walt Wepfer and Will Stokes.

Has anyone checked to see if Wepfer's 77 yard punt was a game record?

I had to head out of town on a family emergency and missed the game. How did Tausean Holmes look?

I had to head out of town on a family emergency and missed the game. How did Tausean Holmes look?

He looked as good as any of them considering they had less than a week to practice and one of the practices was cancelled due to the weather. Gabriel Hunter was the blue team standout. It was really more of a defensive struggle.

He looked as good as any of them considering they had less than a week to practice and one of the practices was cancelled due to the weather. Gabriel Hunter was the blue team standout. It was really more of a defensive struggle.

Holmes impressed me more. Seemed the coach favored Hunter due to getting majority of the carries.

Holmes impressed me more. Seemed the coach favored Hunter due to getting majority of the carries.

I have always thought that Tausean was a better prospect that Gabriel. Tausean, in addition to all of his athletic prowess, is a tough nosed young man who plays through injuries. Look for him to have a fantastic career at the next level.

I was too busy watching my son, who was playing on offense for the red team, to get a true feel for whether Holmes or Hunter played better. My remark above was more my son's perspective than mine. To me, blue just never seemed to get going on offense...that's a hazard of all star games -- too many individuals and not enough "team".