Oneida hosts Trousdale

remade28

I've alays wanted to meet the Grunt. One of my favorites on here.

Same here, Pujo. Our jackets should make it no problem to spot. Don't expect meeting

the Grunt to overshadow the game.LOL I'm planning on being there at least an hour early,

so I'll likely be hanging around the concessions stand ( one of my favorite things to do ),

and maybe head over under the scoreboard to meet up with anyone else possible, later.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...

Where was the first TC/Watertown game at?

I think the fact your forgetting Oneida traveled as far as they did is of pretty decent importance. Home field advantage is easily a touchdown or more in some instances.

Maybe im just crazy, but id give UT much better chances in Neyland Stadium over heading to the Swamp or Between the Hedges any day.

Huntskp2,

I used the The Sports Report (found it on TSSAA.org website) because it was about the only one I could find that was updated through the latest playoff games, and had the teams separated by classification. Click this link http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&...=276851&ck= to see the rankings I used. When you get there, click on "Tennesse High School Football Rankings".

I don't think schedule strength is that important; schedules are largely determined by location, and Trousdale cannot do anything about how weak some of the schools in the area are. I think how well a school does against tough compettion is a much better indicator of a team's potential than how bad it defeats weak teams.

If I am evaluating a team's potential to defeat another team, I would definitely consider results against common opponents. After that I would throw out the weak teams that were defeated by 30-40-50 points or more. The scores aren't meainingful anyway, because the starters don't usually play much in the second half. I would compare their records against strong teams. In this case it looks like the top teams that TC beat were (on the average) ranked higher than the top teams Oneida defeated. I would also consider home field advantage. I would rather play Oneida on the Creekbank, but the location has been predetermined, and I am not sure how many points advantage this is for Oneida; it may be enough to make the difference in winning or losing.

Both Trousdale-Watertown games were played at Trousdale. That certainly is an advantage over traveling the distance Oneida traveled to play them. However, I don't know if you know this, but TC scored 42 points against Watertown in one quarter. The score could have been much worse than 52-14.

I used all 13 opponents in my analysis instead of just the regular season games. You can bet the coaches on both sides care much more about the results of the playoff games than they care about Oneida's game against Oakdale and TC's game against RBS. I think you should use all the data you have when evaluating a team's potential, and that includes playoff opponents and results.

I don't make predictions about who will win a game, and I certainly don't know who will win this game. Personally, I think the stats and previous results favor TC, but what happens if something on the dressng room wall really fires up Oneida or TC players before the game? the coach makes an exceptional motivation speech before the game and/or at half-time? it rains? a key player is injured early in the game?, etc.? And again, how much is the home field advantage worth? I don't see how anyone can predict with confidence which team will win this game.

No problem, and If the Injuns was playing the 05 Trousdale team, I'd say ,no contest. Same thing with last years South Pitt team.

Pujo, my man, when this game is over you are gonna be saying that TC,SP were hands down the best 2 teams in 1a. You are lacking confidence in this Yellow Jacket offense. You will see after Friday Night. SP defence was outstanding. We were still able to move the ball. Oneida defence is good but not great. SP D was great. TC will find ways to make plays against the Engines, you'll see.

Alright! Im tired of reading all this schedule crap! We can go on and on bout whose team played better teams all night! It gets us no where. Bottom line is The Jackets and Indians square off in less than 24 hrs for a shot at the title. I personally believe my boys are ready and them Indians will never know what hit them. We have heard all this crap in the years past (most recently Hampton in 05. put 35 on them to there goose egg. o scored very first play of game too) and them same result has appeared. When the pressure is on, them Jackets rise to the top. Just ask em Pirates from SP. They tell ya. If Oneida is better than SP then the "Guru" as been fooled. Wait lets say the entire state. Puts your war paint on, do your spirit dances, and smoke a battle pipe. Them JACKETS are coming to take over the RESERVATION.

Sorry Pujo, didnt mean to get on your dogs so bad. Please forgive this Champ!

Agreed on the strength of schedule crap. It's exactly that, crap. Look at the BCS, AP polls, on

& on. Look at poor old Jeff Lockridges' predictions in the Tennessean. He's picked against TC

all year, when he's mention us at all...hasn't been right yet, which scares me, now that he's picked

TC over Oneida. All this stuff is good for CoachT fodder, but nothing else.

TC has heard the strength of schedule forever, as likely has Oneida. Hasn't effected us in the

least in the playoffs. With the exception of Macon Co., the muffins are in the Region, which TC

has no control over. All this amounts to, is usually a blowout in the first half, and plenty of

playing time for the subs in the 2nd. TC played pretty much the same teams in '97, 98, 05, as

they do now. The result speaks for itself. None of this guarantees a win or loss Nov. 28.

One thing you can take to the bank, the Jackets will show up ready to play.

I would suggest, if you are going to insist on comparing scores, I wouldn't use W'Town as an

example. To answer someones' question, both games vs W'town were played on the Creekbank.

I agree with OFP....there is no full proof formula for determining the outcome of this game. What we all think isn't going to influence the score on the board. I like several "factors" that actually, I believe, helps us....whether they do or not is anybodies guess...they are: Home field, underdog role, no travel, and depth overall. That last one implies that if an injury were to occur, Oneida can plug most holes without a blip in the radar. TC on the other hand, does have some irreplaceable parts, and would be a little more vulnerable in the event of an injury to one of their players. Believe me, the way these two teams hit.....there is a possibility of someone getting hurt. (something I would not want to see happen)(to either team) I've yapped around for days, I gotta rest up for the big game. My score is:

Oneida - 20

TC - 17

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey, King and Slim....it's really been great having this chat with you guys this week. (and Snoball, Seven, OFP, TCRailbird) We know you have tremendous pride in your football team....you should. My boys have given a great effort all year long....that won't change tomorrow night. Have a great trip up and you guys take care of yourselves. Hope we all get to hang on the edge of our seats, all night long. I'm looking forward to it, as I'm sure you are.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats why most teams schedule cupcakes for homecoming /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh now the INDIANS are a bucnch of cupcakes.......slimpy you need your head examined....

LESS THAN 24 HOURS HOURS TILL KICK OFF. PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD.YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS GAME THE REST OF YOUR LIFE MAKE IT A GOOD ONE.GO INDIANS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said BIGINDIAN....see ya on the fence