Oneida hosts Trousdale

remade28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoooooooooo!! sorry its took me two days to post folks been travelin whooooooooooo what a game!!!! I personally thought the headphone thing was a farce, but I also thought methusla and his sons did the best they could refin the game. whoooooooo. congrats to tc you da man good luck next week. to the lady from trousdale that spoke to our fans players and so on you are a first class football fan. again thank you for the kind words.

to all my posting buds it's been a hoot.

to the oneida team whoooooooooooo! what a year you guys worked hard and earned everything. keep it up go the distance next year guys. to the coaches a big whoooooooooo keep stylin and profiln boys work em hard so next year you will be the man.

seniors, whooooooooooooo. you boys are wheelin dealin kiss stealin sons of guns and the ol nature boy has loved watchin y'all for ever whooooooooooooooo whoooooooooooooooooooo

and finally to the man(you know who you are) WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! what a ride what a ride baby whooooooo all the way up space mountain brother I am proud and humble to be. whoooooooo. God has truly blessed me because of you whoooooooooo keep on keepin on whooooooooooooooooooooo love ya whoooooooooooooo!!

so keep your eyes open for the nature boy folks I'm gona be stylin and profilin all over the place

I'm gonna keep you in line gonna be figure four leg lockin and chopin you in the face

whooooooooooo! ridin up space mountain baby I've gone from the outhouse to the penthouse

I've been in dumpsters and dined with kings I've ate steak and lobster and I've lived on pork and beans

I'm a wheelin dealin kiss stealin son of a gun the 16 time world heavy weight champ

I am THE MAN and to be the man ya gotta beat the man I am the nature boy ric flair

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Does any one know what excatly TL said at the end of the game. I was on the field but only heard part of what he was saying?

[/quoteSMACK i cant remember everything so if you wanna know go to wate.com and go the friday night hits and watch the highlights it will tell you everything he said, creasy still said and i quote him " yall are the best team we have played and you can tell south pitt that" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> just sayin guys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think this comment is a crock IF Creasy actually said it If a couple of plays for SP are different, Trousdale would be sitting at home and SP would have played at the Reservation last Friday. That game was not over until the last second ticked off the clock....the comment just makes very little sense. Anyway good luck TC! Good season Oneida.

This was not a misquote, 1994Pirate. Don't put a whole lot of stock in the final score of the Oneida-TC game. This game on the reservation was way closer than the score indicated. I'm not even disputing the outcome....TC won the ball game and they deserve (earned) the right to play in M'boro. There was some major league hitting going on in this game, some TC ball carriers got rocked by some hits. (as did the Oneida crew) You wouldn't believe the officiating crew in this ball game....the head referee was so slow.....it is possible he is just now getting in his car to go home! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> A game of this caliber should have been worked by a more competent crew. On the punt return there was clearly a block in the back infraction, but the referee chose to run ahead of the play....of course the head referee, who should have been running with the play was 30 yards behind it.....he never moved 5 feet on that punt. TC was strong, even with the infraction they conceivably would have score on the short field. They have a excellent football team and I'm not taking anything away from their kids. They are playing in M'boro for a reason.....they earned it! The field goal in the end of the game was meaningless.....I would have kicked it, too.....they weren't trying to get a bigger score, down and distance dictated the decision for him. Oneida made some critical blunders in key moments, as I said all along...they are just kids. But I felt like we stood toe to toe with what I consider the state's best single A team. They got it done with us and you....who the head coach felt was the toughest opponent, is in the end.....his choice.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This was not a misquote, 1994Pirate. Don't put a whole lot of stock in the final score of the Oneida-TC game. This game on the reservation was way closer than the score indicated. I'm not even disputing the outcome....TC won the ball game and they deserve (earned) the right to play in M'boro. There was some major league hitting going on in this game, some TC ball carriers got rocked by some hits. (as did the Oneida crew) You wouldn't believe the officiating crew in this ball game....the head referee was so slow.....it is possible he is just now getting in his car to go home! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> A game of this caliber should have been worked by a more competent crew. On the punt return there was clearly a block in the back infraction, but the referee chose to run ahead of the play....of course the head referee, who should have been running with the play was 30 yards behind it.....he never moved 5 feet on that punt. TC was strong, even with the infraction they conceivably would have score on the short field. They have a excellent football team and I'm not taking anything away from their kids. They are playing in M'boro for a reason.....they earned it! The field goal in the end of the game was meaningless.....I would have kicked it, too.....they weren't trying to get a bigger score, down and distance dictated the decision for him. Oneida made some critical blunders in key moments, as I said all along...they are just kids. But I felt like we stood toe to toe with what I consider the state's best single A team. They got it done with us and you....who the head coach felt was the toughest opponent, is in the end.....his choice.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kazam, buddy you are a class act. Too bad we could not come up there to Oneida this year. I think all three teams (TC, Oneida, SP) have their strengths and weaknesses. TC is evidently playing better football right now than both of us are that is for sure. All of the breaks in our game bounced their way, but that is usually because one team is doing things a little bit better than the other one. Anyway, congrats on a good season!

Does any one know what excatly TL said at the end of the game. I was on the field but only heard part of what he was saying?

[/quoteSMACK i cant remember everything so if you wanna know go to wate.com and go the friday night hits and watch the highlights it will tell you everything he said, creasy still said and i quote him " yall are the best team we have played and you can tell south pitt that" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> just sayin guys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think this comment is a crock IF Creasy actually said it If a couple of plays for SP are different, Trousdale would be sitting at home and SP would have played at the Reservation last Friday. That game was not over until the last second ticked off the clock....the comment just makes very little sense. Anyway good luck TC! Good season Oneida.

1994pirate there's no "IF" about the statement, I was standing less than 5 feet from him when it was said. As for the accuracy of the statemen, I have no way of knowing, the 2 teams didn't meet this year. I do know SP is a huge force in A football & if folks are even comparing Oneida to them that is a compliment to us. But that is the comment that was made.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. IMHO, SP played TC the toughest game we have

played thus far. Disregard the closeness of the scores, the TC/SP game was not decided

until the clock said so. I'm still trying to regrow my fingernails.

With all due respect to Oneida, and they certainly gave us fits all nite & never quit, the threat

wasn't there as it was with SP. TC came out a bit flat for Oneida, after the SP game, and

made some mistakes they hadn't made earlier. Hesitation on making a cut; when to hit the hole,

that sort of thing. Cost us a two point conversion at one point.

Right now I'd have to put SP & OHS at a close #1 & #2. Again, just my opinion, which wouldn't

buy you a very big cup of coffee. On another day, perhaps another outcome. We'll never know.

It is what it is.

This game on the reservation was way closer than the score indicated.

This was certainly one of the best match ups Oneida had this season. Two tough nosed, hard hitting, well coached, smash mouth type football teams, however I just cannot agree with this statement.

What are we to look at when deciding how "close" the game was? If a 23-10 score means little to determine the closeness should we look to the rushing yardage? 270+ compared to 80+, does that make it close? Or does the total yardage make it close? OHS had more passing yards, but we know they were playing catchup at that point. I do not currently have these totals, but I am sure others do.

I hear statements all the time like "playing at home is as good as a 7 point spot", Should we believe this statement? If so we can begin to deduct points.

I just feel the entire body of a game will clearly show who is the best on that night. When we decide the winner by our subjective standards we detract from the measuring sticks that have been set in place.

Just a thought. It was a great season, but a lose has few consolations.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. IMHO, SP played TC the toughest game we have

played thus far. Disregard the closeness of the scores, the TC/SP game was not decided

until the clock said so. I'm still trying to regrow my fingernails.

With all due respect to Oneida, and they certainly gave us fits all nite & never quit, the threat

wasn't there as it was with SP. TC came out a bit flat for Oneida, after the SP game, and

made some mistakes they hadn't made earlier. Hesitation on making a cut; when to hit the hole,

that sort of thing. Cost us a two point conversion at one point.

Right now I'd have to put SP & OHS at a close #1 & #2. Again, just my opinion, which wouldn't

buy you a very big cup of coffee. On another day, perhaps another outcome. We'll never know.

It is what it is.

Grunt, I wish I could have met up with you at the TC/SP game. I was so dang nervous before that game I did not even think to ask about meeting up with some of the old timers on CoachT. All of the TC/SP games have been exciting, but I think this year??™s game was the first time we were both pretty evenly matched. In the past one team has been just a little bit better than the other one. TC has a solid team. I really felt like SP would stiffen up on that last drive and keep TC from scoring, but good teams make plays. The big 30 yard run on third down just killed us. Anyway, we could talk about this game and the ???what ifs??? all day long. The simple fact is TC made the plays to win. Good luck to the Yellow Jackets Friday. I am sure you will be adding another gold ball to the trophy case!

Grunt, I wish I could have met up with you at the TC/SP game. I was so dang nervous before that game I did not even think to ask about meeting up with some of the old timers on CoachT. All of the TC/SP games have been exciting, but I think this year??™s game was the first time we were both pretty evenly matched. In the past one team has been just a little bit better than the other one. TC has a solid team. I really felt like SP would stiffen up on that last drive and keep TC from scoring, but good teams make plays. The big 30 yard run on third down just killed us. Anyway, we could talk about this game and the ???what ifs??? all day long. The simple fact is TC made the plays to win. Good luck to the Yellow Jackets Friday. I am sure you will be adding another gold ball to the trophy case!

LOL. I know what you mean, 94. Nerves were high on both sides, for good reason. High stakes

game. Wouldn't want to go thru that every week. We both know that game could easily have

gone either way. Luckily for us the ball bounced our way this time. So is the game of football.

Like you said, the game had it's "what ifs". What if we'd done this, or what if you'd done that.

Part of the game. Like old Yogi says. "It ain't over til it's over". And it wasn't. Whew!!!

Oh. well, take care, neighbor. Try to keep OPs' head away from that skillet. LOL Seems like that

ole boy just can't get the hang of staying out of the wifes' way. Another good reason I don't have

one.

See ya..........