White House @ Knox Catholic

chokeonaloaf

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but it doesn't hurt to have the dough to shell out for personal trainers, which in turn translates pretty well on a football field in terms of strength and athleticism. With that said, I personally don't like Catholic and pretty much couldn't them when I played, but I have grown up. After all, we beat them on their home field and got to go out in a perfect fashion, so why complain right? Anyways, hopefully I'll get to make it to KC to watch the game tomorrow. Should be a good high school football game to watch. I have to say though, I'll probably have to cheer on White House, despite my bias towards East TN USUALLY. KC is a different story. I don't think the sound of those bagpipes blasting as I walked off of Bob Black Field will ever completely be erased from my memory. Should be a good one though. Maybe the Falcons can come back strong in the future.

Shell out money for personal trainers? what are you talking about? catholic has a strength and conditioning coach who is very good at what he does and also their head D-line coach.... yes some may go to D1 fitness, petrone fitness and others but those are open to anyone who has the money to go there. And it just so happens that most people that do go to a private school do have enough money to send their kids to those facilities and yes it does benefit them on the field but they are NOT personal trainers it is open to anyone

ok here is a couple of simple questions, who is KC s quaterback? 2nd string QB any good? Do they run from under center or shotgun snap? % of each? Who is the best running back. How many yards does he have this yr? TDs? Best Reciever. Yards? Catches? TDs?

ok that might get this thread back on the right track.

GO DEVILS>!

Shell out money for personal trainers? what are you talking about? catholic has a strength and conditioning coach who is very good at what he does and also their head D-line coach.... yes some may go to D1 fitness, petrone fitness and others but those are open to anyone who has the money to go there. And it just so happens that most people that do go to a private school do have enough money to send their kids to those facilities and yes it does benefit them on the field but they are NOT personal trainers it is open to anyone

If they pay for someone to help them - no matter who pays - doesn't that still make them personal trainers?

I'm not sure if anyone ever replied to you, so i guess i will. Williamson is our quarterback. He is not a bad quarterback by any means. He has a very solid arm and good mechanics, but definitely his biggest asset is his mind. He understands the game more then alot of people do and he is able to make those "bang-bang decisions." The coaches feel very comfortable with him leading the team and as a teammate of him in some other sports, he has the leadership abilities to make a big impact. Take into account the last drive put together against Kingston to win 8-7 in the rain. Perfect display of passing if u ask me if you take into account the pressure and conditions (rain as mentioned before.) So overall, a good quarterback. The second string quarterback is Ryan Ridley and he is not as experienced at Williamson, but he has poise and knowledge to be able to perform decently-but like i said, not Williamson. We run the Flexbone offense. Not winged-T. There IS as difference. It is not as simple as some think because of the deception involved and the constant pulling of tackles, guards, runningbacks and fullbacks for the many variations of plays there can be. (option, pass, sweep, up middle, pitch, fb run, etc.) I'm sure someone will come on here and say "Oh, we've defended the winged-T for years. We can handle you all!" DONT. This is a different ball game and different team. Let it show on the field. We take snaps under-center. Our best runningback is not really decided... We have Dorian Cozart, a junior #22 and Jordan Howanitz, a senior #3. (not to be confused with cofart and howanshitz or whatever the angry AC fan said) I'm not positive on the yards each have but im sure there is a listing with these stats somewhere on here.. Cozart was out for 3 games this season so his yards and TD's might be lower. Our Wide recievers are somewhat undecided too. Senior Nick Branum (#1) and junior Spencer Mackle (#11) both display great hands and speed, spencer has a little size at 6'2 or so, but not like anderson county's number 6 or AE's Jones Brothers. They are both pretty well rounded athletes and Nick Branum is fastest on the team. Once again, not sure on the stats. Spencer Mackle returns punts as well.

So good luck everyone, should be a great game and i hope you like my little preview. Took a little time to write out so I don't want anyone hating because this is just what I know from watching every catholic game this season. Not predicting a win or anything yet.

Whats wrong with a personal trainer?

There is not a thing wrong with personal trainers but bigorange13 said that those who could paid for trainers but that they were not personal trianers. I was just trying to find out the difference. I did not mean that there was anything at all wrong with a personal trainer. His words just seemed like a contradiction to me. Thats all. I mean he said they paid and then said it was open to anyone. If I don't pay, then it is not open to me - correct? If I could have afforded one for my son when he played then he would have had it also.

I'm not sure if anyone ever replied to you, so i guess i will. Williamson is our quarterback. He is not a bad quarterback by any means. He has a very solid arm and good mechanics, but definitely his biggest asset is his mind. He understands the game more then alot of people do and he is able to make those "bang-bang decisions." The coaches feel very comfortable with him leading the team and as a teammate of him in some other sports, he has the leadership abilities to make a big impact. Take into account the last drive put together against Kingston to win 8-7 in the rain. Perfect display of passing if u ask me if you take into account the pressure and conditions (rain as mentioned before.) So overall, a good quarterback. The second string quarterback is Ryan Ridley and he is not as experienced at Williamson, but he has poise and knowledge to be able to perform decently-but like i said, not Williamson. We run the Flexbone offense. Not winged-T. There IS as difference. It is not as simple as some think because of the deception involved and the constant pulling of tackles, guards, runningbacks and fullbacks for the many variations of plays there can be. (option, pass, sweep, up middle, pitch, fb run, etc.) I'm sure someone will come on here and say "Oh, we've defended the winged-T for years. We can handle you all!" DONT. This is a different ball game and different team. Let it show on the field. We take snaps under-center. Our best runningback is not really decided... We have Dorian Cozart, a junior #22 and Jordan Howanitz, a senior #3. (not to be confused with cofart and howanshitz or whatever the angry AC fan said) I'm not positive on the yards each have but im sure there is a listing with these stats somewhere on here.. Cozart was out for 3 games this season so his yards and TD's might be lower. Our Wide recievers are somewhat undecided too. Senior Nick Branum (#1) and junior Spencer Mackle (#11) both display great hands and speed, spencer has a little size at 6'2 or so, but not like anderson county's number 6 or AE's Jones Brothers. They are both pretty well rounded athletes and Nick Branum is fastest on the team. Once again, not sure on the stats. Spencer Mackle returns punts as well.

So good luck everyone, should be a great game and i hope you like my little preview. Took a little time to write out so I don't want anyone hating because this is just what I know from watching every catholic game this season. Not predicting a win or anything yet.

Thanks for the information. This is what should have been going on all along - not all this other stuff. See you guys tomorrow night.

Run game = slight edge to Catholic

Pass game = distinct advantage to White House

Kicking game = distinct advantage to White House

Defense = slight edge to Catholic

Coaching = slight edge to White House (Hey I'm a WH fan, I'm supposed to be biased)

Intangibles = call it even except maybe for homefield advantage

White House wins a close, close, game, 25-22

Run game = slight edge to Catholic

Pass game = distinct advantage to White House

Kicking game = distinct advantage to White House

Defense = slight edge to Catholic

Coaching = slight edge to White House (Hey I'm a WH fan, I'm supposed to be biased)

Intangibles = call it even except maybe for homefield advantage

White House wins a close, close, game, 25-22

WHITE HOUSE 30 KC 23.