Mitchell vs DL again.

Galilee

Your not going to support your region 5? Thats pathetic and a poor loser. The Mustangs would have supported the Bobcats all the way had they won on Friday night. But they didnt, your season is over and no reason to hold anything against the Mustangs for ending it.

Regions change all the time. They are changing next year. Every Mustang fan would not automatically have supported Giles if we had won. I don't think that it is pathetic or a manner of being a poor loser. There is just more for me to like about Mitchell. It sounds as if they have been like Giles and really built their program up over the last few years and I admire that and I am proud for them. I am often for the team that is not expected to win and I notice most posters pick DL.

t

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog has nothing against mothers....most often they are overprotective and basically nonfunctional on this type of setting. I had a very strong disagreement with one of our own moms on here who chose to air out team issues on this venue and that did not belong on here. I think you will find that I support ALL region 5 teams and always have at this time. I have done this for years. If you notice what member number I am you can see that I am a veteran on here and over 120,000 people have joined Coacht since I joined and you got on here.

Furthermore, I am not going to sit around and let you take potshots at me just because you are a "mom". You will get no free pass from me. It was my opinion and you call me arrogant and self-righteous. What's wrong with you?

Everyone else comes together and supports our region winner and that goes back to the day when Greenbrier was in our region and Giles was a next to last place team in the region.

I have always enjoyed the banter of our fellow region rivals. Congratulations, you are the first traitor! If you really want to go to the game and cheer for Mitchell, I can see to it that your ticket is paid for and you can sit with them and cheer all you want. I am sure that vandy1 can give directions. By the way, I think that vandy1 knows that I am not a DL fan but a big time region booster. If you had followed these threads for years or even all season....you would know that. You have one and I mean one last chance to get off my back and if you don't like things....just stay off here. What a sore loser....when your team beat mine....I didn't make one derogatory comment about the game.

You are NOT following the Coacht board rules. I suggest that you read them

I am taking you up on the kind offer of the ticket. I am anxious to watch Mitchell beat DL. Mitchell has shown a lot of grit this season and I think they can take this game. I know this is imposing, but could you possibly bring the ticket (and extras if you have them), to Pulaski? You could leave them somewhere for me or I could meet you to pick them up. I really need at least four. I'm just not a big region 5 supporter, except for the Bobcats of course, and I will usually pick the public school over the private schools, every time. I reread the rules as you suggested and I didn't see a rule about having to be for region 5 teams to post. If this is incorrect, please let me know. How many chances do I have left? You can tell me in person when you bring the tickets or again you can leave them for me somewhere for me if you wish. Thanks again and Go Mitchell!

P.S. Sorry for the rude words of the last post. I know that no one has ever called you arrogant, before. You certainly did not deserve it.

Well.....I pick the Mustangs to win....why?.....Coaching and Discipline. Pure and Simple. I doubt seriously that Mitchell can play an error free game .

DL has a knack for getting the job done....no matter how much you try or hard you play them...they have a knack.

I had other plans...but if I get over the crud....I will be there with my old Irish kilt.

I will be rooting for a region 5 school to win.....because I am a man of my word.

I am taking you up on the kind offer of the ticket. I am anxious to watch Mitchell beat DL. Mitchell has shown a lot of grit this season and I think they can take this game. I know this is imposing, but could you possibly bring the ticket (and extras if you have them), to Pulaski? You could leave them somewhere for me or I could meet you to pick them up. I really need at least four. I'm just not a big region 5 supporter, except for the Bobcats of course, and I will usually pick the public school over the private schools, every time. I reread the rules as you suggested and I didn't see a rule about having to be for region 5 teams to post. If this is incorrect, please let me know. How many chances do I have left? You can tell me in person when you bring the tickets or again you can leave them for me somewhere for me if you wish. Thanks again and Go Mitchell!

P.S. Sorry for the rude words of the last post. I know that no one has ever called you arrogant, before. You certainly did not deserve it.

Your son must have been the kicker. I would be upset too, but please vent to someone who cares. The game is over.

How many seniors did Mitchell lose from last year's team?

What positions did they play?

And how are the replacements doing?

If Mitchell has good answers to these questions, I don't see why Mitchell can't pull off the mild upset.

Mitchell lost 17 seniors from last year's team. 15 of those 17 signed scholarships to play collegiate football. Mitchell was fortunate to have some high caliber transfers from other schools. Mitchell's offense have only 2 seniors this year. The center and the fullback. It will be scary, because 9 returning starters on offense will be back next year. Mitchell averages 32.2 points per game. DL is a fiesty team that you can't take for granted,we made that mistake last year and finished the season with long faces. I love a team like DL, because they are small and scrappy and they never quit. They fight until the end and we are aware of this. We will come to play 4 complete quarters this time around.

Hold on there now .... Region 2 - 3A has to be considered the cream of the crop region the last ... here ya go ...

2001 - AE from Reg 2 - 3A beat Crocket Co

2002 - Fulton Reg 2 - 3A lost to Ridgeway

2003 - Fulton Reg 2 - 3A beat Covington

2004 - Fulton Reg 2 - 3A beat Greenbriar

2005 - Livingston Academy Reg 2 - 3A beat DL

2006 - Fulton Reg 2 - 3A beat DL

2007 - Fulton Reg 2 - 3A lost to DL

So I think you gotta take back some of what you said ... REGION 2 - 3A has played in the Boro the last 7 year with 5 wins so lets not say Region 5 is the best the last 7 years .. in fact Fulton has played in the Boro 5 out of the last 7 years with 3 wins and 2 losses ... surely you can see that region2 has been superior the last 7 years !!!!!

1993 was the first year for 5 classifications in tennessee......

below is the breakdown for 3A:

west tennessee - 9 teams in the finals with 4 state championships

middle tennessee - 9 team in the finals with 4 state championships

east tennessee - 12 teams in the finals with 7 state championships

clearly, east tennessee is king with middle and west dead even....

1993 was the first year for 5 classifications in tennessee......

below is the breakdown for 3A:

west tennessee - 9 teams in the finals with 4 state championships

middle tennessee - 9 team in the finals with 4 state championships

east tennessee - 12 teams in the finals with 7 state championships

clearly, east tennessee is king with middle and west dead even....

Since you referenced the time frame since 1993 you may want to add an asterix to your post.

*Prior to 1995 (The year the multiplier was in place and the year of reclassification)

Lipscomb made it to the championship game in 94,98, 2002, 2003 with victories in 94 and 2002 in class 2A. Mitchell made it to the Championship game in 2002 in class 2A as well.

Regions change all the time. They are changing next year. Every Mustang fan would not automatically have supported Giles if we had won. I don't think that it is pathetic or a manner of being a poor loser. There is just more for me to like about Mitchell. It sounds as if they have been like Giles and really built their program up over the last few years and I admire that and I am proud for them. I am often for the team that is not expected to win and I notice most posters pick DL.

t

I have a lot of trouble believing that is the real reason for you supporting DL. I do not know you and am in no way calling you a liar im just saying based off the two close finishes in the Lipscomb Giles contests this season it would seem that you are just bitter towards the Mustangs. Yes regions tend to change every couple of years but there is no reason not to support a team as classy as DL especially if they are the ones in your region (when i say classy im talking about the team as a whole not every player and fan). Maybe Giles did for the most part out play the Mustangs on Friday night, but the Mustangs still deserved that game IMO. They were inside the 10 three times and only came away with points once and that was on a field goal. They had no trouble moving the ball at all the problem was the Mustangs seemed to self destruct when they got close to scoring (taking nothing away from the Bobcat defense they had some nice stands). But had they not played so uncharacteristically from the norm and were able to eliminate the self destructions the game wouldnt have been close.

I for one would have supported the Bobcats had they won Friday. Not saying there wouldnt have been some bitterness at them taking out the champs, but I still would have supported the Bobcats to represent the region well and I know they would have done so. I just feel there should be some loyalty to whomever it is in the region that is left to represent reguardless of the team. However that is my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours.

As for the game Friday, if the Mustangs can not eliminate the self destruction they will not be victories as they were Friday night. Mitchell is loaded with athletes and the Mustangs will need to play lights out to advance. I think they will make the adjustments they need and I also think that Friday night definately humbled them alot. Before Friday night the Mustangs average margin of victory was 34 points and im sure those boys were feeling a little to good about themselves as any normal team would. But Friday night showed those boys how lucky they were to still be able to play this late in the season and I dont think they will take it for granted anymore if they had been before.

David Lipscomb: 31

Mitchell: 21

That game is over. I am supporting Mitchell now. Would you like to contribute a ticket too?

I won't contribute a ticket; but, there is a muzzle at the house I'll give you.

Your team lost. They had a great year and a very bright future. You have one very special player who we'll miss watching next year. Don't whine about other people's good fortune. Help get your team ready for a special 09 season.

I am glad that the Mitchell coach finally saw the advantage of having a kicking game. He was missing it last year and in 2002. Kicking games can make a difference ask Giles County.

Vandy, it is good to see you still on this board. We won't be coming to Lipscomb this week, of course, Mitchell took care of that. I know you are not responsible for the addled-brain comments made by some "bulldog" fellow and some of the others. If you have seen Mitchell (I saw them live in 2 games and on tape in 4 others), you know they will be tough. Their defense is not good but their offense is much better than last year's. They have more balance. The Dyersburg pass defense was woeful all season, and Malone (best high school receiver I've ever seen) lit us up for over 300 yards. He's got claws for hands and can get off the line really ell. I think their O line is better than last year's, which mainly pass blocked. Dyersburg completely shut down Gibson, their big running back, but couldn't stop the running game.

Everyone (except a few Lipscomb fans on this site whom I really don't think are from Lipscomb) remembers last year's game which in which Lipscomb "pounded" Mitchell 20-18 after trailing most of the game. I think the game will be very close. Redman (QB) is no Torry, but he is a good thrower with excellent receivers and the team is more disciplined and less likely to do astonishing things. They do have a kicking game--not a good one--eXps and punts. Unlike the other Memphis teams, Mitchell has finally caught on. I wonder how many games the Memphis schools have lost over the past dozen years by not having FG and EXP kickers. Dyersburg beat Sheffield two weeks ago at Sheffield 23-18--3 TDs each, but we had a FG and all exps. Incidentally, Mitchell is a much better offensive team than Sheffield.

Best of luck to both teams. And to all those Region 5 fans who are not from Lipscomb but try to share Lipscomb's success--reflected light is not nearly as bright as the real thing. To Galilee of Mitchell, good luck. Dyersburg and Mitchell have had a good relationship and you have acted with class. Can't say we'll miss playing you in the new classification, looking at all the underclassmen you are going to have back, but we've enjoyed it.

r