Can This Board Be Re-Named to DI-DII Debate?

WarriorFan

CoachT and Mods.....this is just my humble opinion, but it came to me today that there is really no debate on Public-Private, but rather the DI-DII issue. There are private schools in DI so this takes away any debate on what type of school is better. Most posters are really debating the DI-DII situation. Would you consider renaming this board to "DI-DII Debate"? I believe it would attract more posters, and we wouldn't feel like our posts are sent to Siberia when they are pulled from the normal chat boards for the classifications.

These are just my thoughts. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You miss the point of the public-private board completely. Before we had one, every thread about every game between any public and private schools turned into a recruiting debate. Now if they do the threads are moved here so that football fans can discuss the football game, and BB fans can discuss the BB game, etc.

If all private schools were in DII then we could change the name as you desire. No, not what I want to see happen.

So, the answer is no.

You miss the point of the public-private board completely. Before we had one, every thread about every game between any public and private schools turned into a recruiting debate. Now if they do the threads are moved here so that football fans can discuss the football game, and BB fans can discuss the BB game, etc.

If all private schools were in DII then we could change the name as you desire. No, not what I want to see happen.

So, the answer is no.

I remember this well and I remember the day 5 years ago (I have been here as well almost since existence...you started this board in 2001 and I came in 2002) this board came into existence and the frustrations that myself and others knew very few folks would come here...the amount of posts in the "que" are an example of few folks coming here anymore...there are hardly any topics to discuss other than "Grace Academy"...no one cares anymore about public-private as shown by how many posts come here. It is like this board is here out of political correctness. Although I don't agree, I respect your answer and thank you for building CoachT! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you would not consider changing the name, although none of those threads you talk about are on your site anymore...would you consider a DI-DII Debate board???

I remember this well and I remember the day 5 years ago (I have been here as well almost since existence...you started this board in 2001 and I came in 2002) this board came into existence and the frustrations that myself and others knew very few folks would come here...the amount of posts in the "que" are an example of few folks coming here anymore...there are hardly any topics to discuss other than "Grace Academy"...no one cares anymore about public-private as shown by how many posts come here. It is like this board is here out of political correctness. Although I don't agree, I respect your answer and thank you for building CoachT! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you would not consider changing the name, although none of those threads you talk about are on your site anymore...would you consider a DI-DII Debate board???

The threads are all still there, back to January 2007. Just change the number of days you want to display at the bottom of the board.

I hope that some day there will no longer be a need for this board at all. In the meantime...

The threads are all still there, back to January 2007. Just change the number of days you want to display at the bottom of the board.

I hope that some day there will no longer be a need for this board at all. In the meantime...

CoachT....that is like MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech.....if I have to display the number of days.....evidently there are not many posts about Private-Public. I see this as after 5 years a DEAD topic. People want to talk about DI-DII. None of us want this board, but it is here BECAUSE some want to talk about it.....

I thank you for you allowing us to talk. There still is a need.

Can you rename it the "Life's not fair board" or "the perpetual hunt for the level playing field board" or the "I hate all those people who earn more than I do board" or the "A guy who works with my neighbor's cousin's friend's ex wife says her kid was recruited board"?

It would kind of sum up most of the discussions.