Dyer County vs Union City

N2Choctaws

Who did Lake Co get in football from Missouri?

I have absolutely no idea about that. I guess Purple should enlighten us since he through it out there. Lake County.....and recruiting, thats laughable. Maybe not...no industry, high unemployment, absolutely nothing for kids to do...yea the families are lining up to get here........take a number and then take a seat, we will be with you shortly...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Blake was about 10 years behind me..Around 83 or 84..I believe Greg Nichols played then..Same year that Bryan Avery played football I think...There have been several players that had bloodlines leave or either the players themselves left for one reason or another..You mentioned Rodney Bonds...I believe there was a Holliman kid that played football and basketball at Westview years ago..And probably the best two players that didn't play their senior years were Fredick Tharpe,a hihg school Jordan at the time and Thomas Wyatt,who I believe ended up playing a couple years in East St.Louis or Ill. and ended up starting at New Mexico St..Both these players would have put Lake Co as a premier program back then..!I'm sure there are a lot of other players that left Lake Co throughout the years and several other schools have lost players as well but with Lake Co being so small and not many jobs..has a bigger impact..!

Tharpe was so fast he had the nickname The Express. Tharpe was wide receiver and db on our 1985 state championship team.He was Carlos Young's uncle on his mother's side. His mother did not move so around 20 years later another good athlete. Never underestimate having athletic families in your hometown that remain in your hometown. That is an advantage that for the most part that we don't have. I don't balme anybody for leaving as a matter of fact I applaud them if that is what they want or need to do. The Holliman kid is the High shcool principal's nephew and was a hoss in football. I remember us playing them I think for the last time his junior or senior year at Westview. His mother was from Martin and that is how he ended of back there. Thomas Wyatt was the real deal. I think his parents thought that he would have more opportunities playing at a larger school up north, I believe in Michigan. He ended up at what I believe is a D1 school in New Mexico State.

I have absolutely no idea about that. I guess Purple should enlighten us since he through it out there. Lake County.....and recruiting, thats laughable. Maybe not...no industry, high unemployment, absolutely nothing for kids to do...yea the families are lining up to get here........take a number and then take a seat, we will be with you shortly...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Oh they didn't live in Tiptonville...They just played football....Then they went back across the river... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You guys take things too serious sometimes...

I did play against a guy from Lake County though when I was in 7th grade(Woulda been 1978 I guess)....Full beard and everything...I think I saw him when I was getting back on the bus after the game leaning up against his car smokin' a Marlboro and drinkin' a Pabst Blue Ribbon...

That was a joke too..All except the full beard part... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Oh they didn't live in Tiptonville...They just played football....Then they went back across the river... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I did play against a guy from Lake County though when I was in 7th grade(Woulda been 1978 I guess)....Full beard and everything...I think I saw him when I was getting back on the bus after the game leaning up against his car smokin' a Marlboro and drinkin' a Pabst Blue Ribbon...

That was a joke too..All except the full beard part... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The guy in the beard was one of the prison inmates..Don't you know that's where we get some of our players from

Anyway..I was kindly told my my office co-worker that this is a Dyer Co-Union City site and we've turned it into a Lake Co site...lol..!

Back to Dyer Co-Union City.....Who will win the next time these two schools meet?

It has been my experience that when you live in Lake County and work in other counties that there are some people,I said some, that do not give our sports teams credit and it is said that we played kids that were too old and then later when the prisons were built that we let the inmates out on Fridays to play football. I have heard this from people in Obion county and Dyer county and Gibson county. I worked at a plant in Newbern for 13 years and in Dyersburg for 15 years. I always get that accusation. There are some people, I said some, that look down on people from Lake county. I have never heard those accusations leveled at those other counties, just us. Some people like to put us down to build themselves up. That doesn't happen on coacht. I am just talking about my personal experiences from working with people in surrounding counties for 30+ years. Purple, I am not talking about you I believe what you say, i guess. My son had a moustache when he was a 10th grader, he is a senior now. It was very light but was definitely there. I haven't seen any men playing for Lake County Highschool and certainly not in Jr. high school. I can't explain what you saw, so tell me how old do you think this man was and how tall and big was this this 6th, 7th, or 8th grader or this supposed Jr high player.

It has been my experience that when you live in Lake County and work in other counties that there are some people,I said some, that do not give our sports teams credit and it is said that we played kids that were too old and then later when the prisons were built that we let the inmates out on Fridays to play football. I have heard this from people in Obion county and Dyer county and Gibson county. I worked at a plant in Newbern for 13 years and in Dyersburg for 15 years. I always get that accusation. There are some people, I said some, that look down on people from Lake county. I have never heard those accusations leveled at those other counties, just us. Some people like to put us down to build themselves up. That doesn't happen on coacht. I am just talking about my personal experiences from working with people in surrounding counties for 30+ years. Purple, I am not talking about you I believe what you say, i guess. My son had a moustache when he was a 10th grader, he is a senior now. It was very light but was definitely there. I haven't seen any men playing for Lake County Highschool and certainly not in Jr. high school. I can't explain what you saw, so tell me how old do you think this man was and how tall and big was this this 6th, 7th, or 8th grader or this supposed Jr high player.

Oh I would say at least of 10th grade age....No lie....And he had a helmet and shoulder pads on and I hit him...So he was playing /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...And that was in a "B" game when I was a 7th grader...I'll never forget that....Also saw some kids that were probably older than they should have been when we played at Camden my 8th grade year and for sure when we played Somerville my 8th grade year....

I've seen my youngest son play some kids from Lexington in travel baseball over the years that were a good 6 inches taller and probably 45-50 lbs heavier with facial hair that were suppose to be 10,11 or 12 years old....And mine wasn't a small kid...

I think back in the day when Lake County had such great teams people just made up stuff so it would make it easier to take losing to such a small school...I know they beat us my senior season 7-0 at home(season opening game) and we finshed second in the district to Milan with a 9-2 record(when ONLY the CHAMPION of the district advanced to the state playoffs)...That was in the 1983 football season...We had beaten them the year before(1982)28-7 when they were ranked #2 in the state...So, they had alot of motivation...

It's going to be at Newbern, so i'll go out on a limb and say Dyer County will win the game....

Only cause it's going to be at Newbern, is that what you are saying? If I remember correctly, Dyer County and Union City played each other at Westview, and if I'm not mistaken Dyer County beat Union City! I believe Dyer County would win if it were in Union City!

Only cause it's going to be at Newbern, is that what you are saying? If I remember correctly, Dyer County and Union City played each other at Westview, and if I'm not mistaken Dyer County beat Union City! I believe Dyer County would win if it were in Union City!

You think I forgot that??...

What I'm saying is the game is in Newbern..DC will probably win...Don't read anything else into it...

You think I forgot that??...

What I'm saying is the game is in Newbern..DC will probably win...Don't read anything else into it...

Oh, I misunderstood your post, sorry about that! Thought you were talking about some "Homecookin" there! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />