Trivia question

Big Daddy

tennessee high school history was made by a girl....what boy was first and who did he play for??? Both players were from the same school. (Hint,,,, both schools that played that day no longer exist, and were located in east tn.)

Cannon Whitby, Obion Co. was the first for the boy's, went on to play for Arkansas. Hit the three in the King of the Bluegrass Christmas tourney in KY. I think it was in 86. The line was not yet in use in TN., I would say that would make him the first on either side.

Cannon Whitby, Obion Co. was the first for the boy's, went on to play for Arkansas. Hit the three in the King of the Bluegrass Christmas tourney in KY. I think it was in 86. The line was not yet in use in TN., I would say that would make him the first on either side.

You could be right....but since he was not in the state of Tennessee I gotta disqualify your answer. The game was between two East Tennessee teams that moved the game from a Friday night to Thursday day game that was played before the school student body. It was the first game of the season played in the state....shirts were printed at the time with the girls and boys names and the date. Both firsts were by the home team. The visiting team was located in Campbell County...neither school now exists.

What year did Whitby graduate? Other than the game mentioned above, I thought he never played with the 3pt line. Kinda makes you wander what his numbers would have been if he had?

What year did Whitby graduate? Other than the game mentioned above, I thought he never played with the 3pt line. Kinda makes you wander what his numbers would have been if he had?

I think he last played at OCHS in '86. I only saw him in the TSSAA tourney and remember them playing A-E. He scored 40-something with no 3 pt line. His brother Denver wasn't bad either.

I think 86, I just remeber watching him in the state Tourney, wow is all you could say. You are right, other than that tourney he never played with the line, but that was the first highschool tourney to use it and he was the first highschool player from TN to record a 3.

I think he last played at OCHS in '86. I only saw him in the TSSAA tourney and remember them playing A-E. He scored 40-something with no 3 pt line. His brother Denver wasn't bad either.

To me.....the only thing more impressive about watching him in a game was watching him shoot in warmups. When you can have a natural, effortless shooting motion from 6" inside the half court line you get my attention. Was that the state tourney game where they drew like 4 charges on him in the first half?

To me.....the only thing more impressive about watching him in a game was watching him shoot in warmups. When you can have a natural, effortless shooting motion from 6" inside the half court line you get my attention. Was that the state tourney game where they drew like 4 charges on him in the first half?

Oh yes I remember that, and he had Austin East down 24 to 23 with three offensive fouls in the 1st quarter. I'm old and have seen alot of ball and I always work my way back to watching him in Nashville that year. He was absolutly the best shooter I have ever seen.

Oh yes I remember that, and he had Austin East down 24 to 23 with three offensive fouls in the 1st quarter. I'm old and have seen alot of ball and I always work my way back to watching him in Nashville that year. He was absolutly the best shooter I have ever seen.

From the times I saw him play.......I don't think I ever saw him make a shot that would not have been from behind the arc. What would some of those 70 point games have been then......over a 100 I am sure. Without a doubt the best pure shooter I ever saw as well.

LaFolette??? Lake City???

3 point line came in the fall of '87.

I do remember Cannon Whitby....and the time he lit Austin-East up in the state tourny...but the first three pointer was hit by Chris Washam of old Horace Maynard high school ( now Union County high ) vs Wynn high of Habersham located in Campbell County and now part of Campbell County high school. It was the fall of 1987. Since no one got it I guess I will have to keep the 1 million dollar prize /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

BTW I think Lake City was located in Anderson County. Campbell County did have Wynn, Lafollette, and Jacksboro high schools however.