Montgomery Central..what's up with Football?

Yale Formation

Does anyone know anything regarding the football program at Montgomery Central? I noticed they haven't won a game in the last 2 years, won once in 2006 and won 2 games in 2005. Is it a problem with administration, coaching, overall talent etc.?? Most every other school gets mentioned from time to time (some much more than others) but I don't think I've ever seen a single post regarding their football program, good, bad or whatever..

Would love to hear from some fans & folks in the area who knows whats happening with their program.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will chime in on this: Montgomery Central falls into the "Clarksville Syndrome" category. They get absolutely no support from administration. All the way to the top dawg in Montgomery County Schools. It has been that way forever in Montgomery County, although Clarksville High and Rossview have changed that perception here lately. Coach Ray cannot get any coaches in the building with him because they will not give him any teaching positions to work with. They do not have middle school football, just little league ball. They are forced off the game field on Thursdays because either soccer has a game or the band wants to put finishing touches on their breakout performance. That can be controlled by administration. Their practice field looks like World War II took place in a 50 by 50 yard box. They have no room to get anything done unless they want to rip up the game field even more after soccer has had their turn on the field. If Montgomery Central wants to be successful, they better get coaches in the building to watch over and recruit the hallways. Their principal and AD need to help football out by transfering teachers out of the building into middle schools and elementary schools and open up teaching slots for football. Kids are not stupid in the long run. They know when something is not run right. If it is not run right, they will not participate. With the new classification and districts, it will help Montgomery Central. BUT...if administration does not make any changes that will help football (& I do not mean coaching changes), they will continue to be in the shape they are in right now. Looking in on the outside, it looks like a band of supportive parents need to voice thier opinion (in a positive way and tone), to the administration and try to get some positive changes @ MCHS.

Well Coach Ray has been forced out at MCHS. Who is going to take that post now? They do need coaches in the building. I think Coach Ray could have done a better job if given the right set of circumstances. Coaches in the building, better place to practice. Coach Ray is a good man who loves Montgomery Central.

Is the position currently open, or will it be shortly?

Well Coach Ray has been forced out at MCHS. Who is going to take that post now? They do need coaches in the building. I think Coach Ray could have done a better job if given the right set of circumstances. Coaches in the building, better place to practice. Coach Ray is a good man who loves Montgomery Central.

They forced Coach Ray out? Well.....I guess I just proved my point. "Syndrome"!!!!! Instead of helping the MCHS football program, administration just put MCHS another 3-4 years behind. Instead of getting Coach Ray help in the building, they get rid of him. Who are they going to get now? Coach Ray has been a fixture in the MCHS community his whole life. He is MCHS. If it is true, good luck to you Coach Ray. I guess MCHS just got what they deserved. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was looking at the school website...the DANCE TEAM has it's own web page, and the football team has nothing?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Give me a break! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Redzone, you said that the practice field was in poor shape; what about the rest of the facilities/Weight Room/Fieldhouse/Stadium? Do you think there will be any serious committment by the administration to improve the program or will they hire/promote a PE teacher to oversee the program in a baby-sitting capacity?

I'm just curious; I know a couple of excellent young coaches with HC experience who are looking for new challenges.

I was looking at the school website...the DANCE TEAM has it's own web page, and the football team has nothing?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Give me a break! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Redzone, you said that the practice field was in poor shape; what about the rest of the facilities/Weight Room/Fieldhouse/Stadium? Do you think there will be any serious committment by the administration to improve the program or will they hire/promote a PE teacher to oversee the program in a baby-sitting capacity?

I'm just curious; I know a couple of excellent young coaches with HC experience who are looking for new challenges.

The web site has nothing to do with the school. The school does not keep up the athletic web site. It is up to the individual team to keep up the web site or at least have someone do it.

They just need more coaches in the building to help run the program. They have an excellent group of freshmen going through the building right now. Their baseball team will continue to be good for the next few years. I don't know how the will be in football but get someone in who cares Like Coach Ray did and they should be good. I wish Coach Ray would have had a couple more years but that is high school athletics for you. Sometimes kids just don't want to work to get things and in football with most other sports you have to work.

The web site has nothing to do with the school. The school does not keep up the athletic web site. It is up to the individual team to keep up the web site or at least have someone do it.

They just need more coaches in the building to help run the program. They have an excellent group of freshmen going through the building right now. Their baseball team will continue to be good for the next few years. I don't know how the will be in football but get someone in who cares Like Coach Ray did and they should be good. I wish Coach Ray would have had a couple more years but that is high school athletics for you. Sometimes kids just don't want to work to get things and in football with most other sports you have to work.

Since the 2005 season from an outsider looking in. It looks as if the school just went thru the motions of being able to say that they have a football team. Their football field is probably the worst in Region 5. The visitor side has very poor seating, worst than Lipscombs. The field itself is over used and not cared for properly. Doesn't appear that the school takes much pride in the sport at all. This is especially disappointing for a 3A school. The facility reminds me of a Memphis middle school field where the TSSAA let a semi-final take place last year. The school needs to step up with their program or let it go. Its just not fair to those kids who want to play.

Yale,

They do have a lockerroom. It is shaped funny because the school and gym is in round pods. You cannot see one end of the lockerroom from the other. I do like the Notre Dame effect of coming up stairs to ground level leaving the lockerroom. Not a good situation with the lockerroom itself though. They do have a weight room. Same as stated above. The home side of the stadium is pretty nice. It is old, but seems to be in pretty good shape. As Vandy1 stated, the visitors side leaves a lot to be desired. The field takes an absolute beating from other orgainzations besides football. The bottom line is this: It is going to take TOTAL committment from the MCHS administration to get it turned around. I don't care if it Nick Saban, it will not happen if they do not give the coach some help in the building. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! I do not know if it will happen. MCHS is kind of forgotten in Montgomery County in regards to football. It should not fall in the lap of Coach Ray. He did all he could in my opinion. He eliminated the kids who did not want to really be there. I'm sure the administration are fine people who represent the academia world just fine, but I have to question their desire to field outstanding athletic programs. Just an observation from a distance. Although it is a close distance. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Since the 2005 season from an outsider looking in. It looks as if the school just went thru the motions of being able to say that they have a football team. Their football field is probably the worst in Region 5. The visitor side has very poor seating, worst than Lipscombs. The field itself is over used and not cared for properly. Doesn't appear that the school takes much pride in the sport at all. This is especially disappointing for a 3A school. The facility reminds me of a Memphis middle school field where the TSSAA let a semi-final take place last year. The school needs to step up with their program or let it go. Its just not fair to those kids who want to play.

Rember the "budget" issue and the ability of "booster's" to write the check on another post?

This happens alot across the rural areas of Tennessee, whether you believe it or not. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Another sad situation for kids that want to play football. Look at their new region and they have a chance to win some games. They are not the only school in their new region currently "going through the motions". Takes a gutsy/hardworking administrator to go out and find good teachers that are also good football coaches. They are out there! It takes commitment and work to find them. Any job can be turned around (look at what Stewart Co. has done in the past 3 years). Best of luck to whoever takes that job. They need to go into it with eyes wide open.