2009 District 12AA

hsfbfan07

Both Hickman and Lewis was hit hard by graduation. But edge would be to Lewis on rebuilding.....stable coaching. No doubt its going to be a interesting year. Now with the turmoil going on at both Fairview and East, Hard to say there. Fairview up until the problems that have surfaced would have had the edge on the others.....but now ......who knows!

But still on paper ...........one heck of a district. Giles.......and then???

It doesn't appear to be calming down at EHHS/Fairview. Really hate to hear it for the players, the deserve much better, especially those seniors. Sounds like Lewis is working real hard. Haven't seen much coming out of Hickman , seen good numbers of players though. Going to be a very interesting District to watch. Have to agree Giles is the favorite, Springhill and Marshall both should contend well. Lewis with rebuilding is a question, but it seems they have the talent, just lack experience. Fairview and EHHS...really hard to even guess how it is going to turn out for them this coming season.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't appear to be calming down at EHHS/Fairview. Really hate to hear it for the players, the deserve much better, especially those seniors. Sounds like Lewis is working real hard. Haven't seen much coming out of Hickman , seen good numbers of players though. Going to be a very interesting District to watch. Have to agree Giles is the favorite, Springhill and Marshall both should contend well. Lewis with rebuilding is a question, but it seems they have the talent, just lack experience. Fairview and EHHS...really hard to even guess how it is going to turn out for them this coming season.

Lewis seems to be (from all what I am hearing) on track to have a deceit year. The effort is being put out, thats for sure, The talent is there. Good thing for Lewis all they have to focus on is Football. Everything I hear this team is going to have a chance of starters coming from freshman all through! The senior class is small.........but a very tight knit group. The soph. (few) and jrs. along with the seniors pretty much have played together since middle school. The makings of a good team are there!

• 2 weeks later...

Lewis seems to be (from all what I am hearing) on track to have a deceit year. The effort is being put out, thats for sure, The talent is there. Good thing for Lewis all they have to focus on is Football. Everything I hear this team is going to have a chance of starters coming from freshman all through! The senior class is small.........but a very tight knit group. The soph. (few) and jrs. along with the seniors pretty much have played together since middle school. The makings of a good team are there!

Its going to be an uphill battle for all of the Old 6AA teams. Bigger Schools (enrollment) makes a big differance. I still don't understand the thought process on this new district. I thought the old class system was fine. Schools of similiar size playing each other. Wish I knew the logic of this......it just doesn't make sense.

Who really knows. Not sure what the logic is, but it is what it is. Fairview, Lewis and Hickman could be competitive. The one thing is the numbers of athletes. The bigger schools will able to play with more, which will help in the second half of games. I think the 3 listed will be able to compete at the beginning, but could wear down in the second half just because so many of the have to play both ways. TSSAA sure didn't do any of them a favor. But all of them will play as hard as anyone they will play. Still think Giles is the cream. On the 2AA/3AA side, Lewis should have the edge just becaue of stable coaching. Lewis always seems to find that one or two players that can make a differance. Based on everything posted it appears they have that happening again. When you talk to players , parents or fans, the excitment is building. They are starting to believe in this bunch coming up. I know it has been stated that LCHS is in a rebuilding year with the loss of so many last year, but what I hear and read I don' t think they will have a drop off on the skill position players, the only question is if the line (O and D) can catch up and if they do........Lewis will be in the hunt at the end.

Its going to be an uphill battle for all of the Old 6AA teams. Bigger Schools (enrollment) makes a big differance. I still don't understand the thought process on this new district. I thought the old class system was fine. Schools of similiar size playing each other. Wish I knew the logic of this......it just doesn't make sense.

TSSAA should go into politics,maybe run for president.

I dont like this system,the old system WAS fine.the small schools will have a hard road in the regular season

but they may be better for it if they make the playoffs.On the other hand schools like Giles and Marshall may

have a softer season,but come playoff time will they suffer from not playing the tougher teams as in the past?

Who does Giles and Marshall play out of district?

I dont like this system,the old system WAS fine.the small schools will have a hard road in the regular season

but they may be better for it if they make the playoffs.On the other hand schools like Giles and Marshall may

have a softer season,but come playoff time will they suffer from not playing the tougher teams as in the past?

still play l-burg. i think the first game is with cookville?

It doesn't make much sense. I have looked at some these all over the state and don't understand the thought process on it. The smaller schools usually play the players both ways. I would think with the numbers of athletes each team would have, that schools like Giles, Springhille and marshall have a offensive starters, a defensive starters plus special teams. Where the little schools players, just keep on playing each situation with the same players mainly. Injuries to smaller schools could play an even bigger role just based on the number of athletes. I haven't gotten an answer to the whole situation......except one.......It saves on travel/fuel exspense. If that is the only reason some of the schedule changes across the state really doesn't show that to hold much truth. But like they say ......"IT is what it is". All 4 in this district 12, should enjoy it. You might be right on the softer schedule, it might hurt them. The old 6AA schools just can't afford injuries.

It doesn't make much sense. I have looked at some these all over the state and don't understand the thought process on it. The smaller schools usually play the players both ways. I would think with the numbers of athletes each team would have, that schools like Giles, Springhille and marshall have a offensive starters, a defensive starters plus special teams. Where the little schools players, just keep on playing each situation with the same players mainly. Injuries to smaller schools could play an even bigger role just based on the number of athletes. I haven't gotten an answer to the whole situation......except one.......It saves on travel/fuel exspense. If that is the only reason some of the schedule changes across the state really doesn't show that to hold much truth. But like they say ......"IT is what it is". All 4 in this district 12, should enjoy it. You might be right on the softer schedule, it might hurt them. The old 6AA schools just can't afford injuries.

Saves on travel? Not likely.I dont think the small schools will do well against the bigger ones week in and week out.

Not taking away from them but like I said ,the playoff teams will be better for playing the big teams and the big teams will not get the same preparation as they did in the past playing more teams more with more numbers .

when LC plays a premier team in the playoffs they will have allready seen teams of this caliber in the regular season.

When Giles meets a powerhouse in the playoffs,will they be as ready?No dissrespect to anyone but when you

swap Lipscomb,creekwood,and Cheatham for smaller schools with lower numbers you are loseing something.

Saves on travel? Not likely.I dont think the small schools will do well against the bigger ones week in and week out.

Not taking away from them but like I said ,the playoff teams will be better for playing the big teams and the big teams will not get the same preparation as they did in the past playing more teams more with more numbers .

when LC plays a premier team in the playoffs they will have allready seen teams of this caliber in the regular season.

When Giles meets a powerhouse in the playoffs,will they be as ready?No dissrespect to anyone but when you

swap Lipscomb,creekwood,and Cheatham for smaller schools with lower numbers you are loseing something.

couldn't agree more. What makes this year such a big question mark is the 6AA teams are either rebuilding or are in turmoil. Last year Hickman played Marshall which was in the playoffs and lost by 1. Lewis last year had a very good team, Fairview went up and beat Camden. But......this year they are all down either by graduation or by inside drama. If things where the same last year, I think these teams could have competed against them. But this year.......really hard to say. As stated before Lewis does have one advantage........the coaching staff is stable and good. They will get all they can out of the players. They won't lose for lack of effort. Hickman players are working hard also. It just doesn't make sense this new schedule. I agree with your points on the experience they small schools will gain. Trying to find the reasoning behind this schedule is hard to figure. I mean you have schools with a population (student) of around 500-550 playing schools with a student populatioin of 1000 or so......Where's the logic in that? One thing for sure its going to be an interesting year for all.

it does save on travel somewhat but still it isnt a good plan as far as competition and the actual football games go.

sure giles may get there perfect regular season...but what happens when they meet lipscomb or some other powerhouse in the playoffs? they wont be prepared.

however, seeing how all of the 4a teams will player weaker opponents during the regular season, everyone will be unprepared. which will make them all even in a sense.

• 2 weeks later...

it does save on travel somewhat but still it isnt a good plan as far as competition and the actual football games go.

sure giles may get there perfect regular season...but what happens when they meet lipscomb or some other powerhouse in the playoffs? they wont be prepared.

however, seeing how all of the 4a teams will player weaker opponents during the regular season, everyone will be unprepared. which will make them all even in a sense.

It does make it interesting. I guess at the end of the season, it should show how well this schedule worked. You know all the big schools are chomping at the bit to play this coming season. They all should show a better record over last years schedule. While the smaller schools may not have the great record, they will have the edge come play-off time. All 4 of the big schools should do well. I am sure there will be a few surprises along the way, maybe an upset or two also. I was told that the smaller schools could finish up 4-6 and still make the playoffs........not sure if that is accurate, but it does make it interesting.