LA at Harpeth for Thanksgiving classic

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA won both. The girls game was a nail biter, back and forth with LA winning by 2 or 3. The boys game was close for awhile with LA leading by 4 in the third quarter, but the Wildcats pulled away with several Chase Dunn 'and ones' making the difference in an 18 point victory. I've been thoroughly impressed with LA since seeing them last year in the Williamson County Invitational. They did not disappoint. Harpeth lost 7 seniors and their youth was exposed at times when they had to dip into their bench. Still, it was good experience for the Indians and when those freshmen and sophomores grow up a little bit, they'll be contributing. Caruthers wound up with 29, Dunn had 24 and T.J. Smith was somewhere in the 20's too I imagine. I think this would be a nice home and away series for years to come. Two teams with similar styles and fanbases.

LA won both. The girls game was a nail biter, back and forth with LA winning by 2 or 3. The boys game was close for awhile with LA leading by 4 in the third quarter, but the Wildcats pulled away with several Chase Dunn 'and ones' making the difference in an 18 point victory. I've been thoroughly impressed with LA since seeing them last year in the Williamson County Invitational. They did not disappoint. Harpeth lost 7 seniors and their youth was exposed at times when they had to dip into their bench. Still, it was good experience for the Indians and when those freshmen and sophomores grow up a little bit, they'll be contributing. Caruthers wound up with 29, Dunn had 24 and T.J. Smith was somewhere in the 20's too I imagine. I think this would be a nice home and away series for years to come. Two teams with similar styles and fanbases.

Yes, the girls game was good.

In the boys game, Horkins really came out strong. I didn't really care for Dunn's attitude during the game whether it was elbowing a freshman in the chest when he simply walks by, or grabbing the ball and rolling it after a basket. He is definitely a good basketball player, but up here at Tech he could be chewed up and spit out with his attitude. That is just from knowing the basketball team though. I really dont see LA going to far this year, until the fourth they were having trouble with a very young and inexperienced Harpeth team. I do see them getting better, but I dont see the talent level that I did last year at the Williamson County Invitational. Seems like they lost a few seniors, but I am not sure. Definitely when some of the rust wears off they will be better. I was really looking forward to Dunn, because of the fact that I will get to watch him at Tech, but now I am not so excited...

Good luck to LA this year, I think you all will have trouble with some of the elite teams this year, but will get some good wins as well.

Yes, the girls game was good.

In the boys game, Horkins really came out strong. I didn't really care for Dunn's attitude during the game whether it was elbowing a freshman in the chest when he simply walks by, or grabbing the ball and rolling it after a basket. He is definitely a good basketball player, but up here at Tech he could be chewed up and spit out with his attitude. That is just from knowing the basketball team though. I really dont see LA going to far this year, until the fourth they were having trouble with a very young and inexperienced Harpeth team. I do see them getting better, but I dont see the talent level that I did last year at the Williamson County Invitational. Seems like they lost a few seniors, but I am not sure. Definitely when some of the rust wears off they will be better. I was really looking forward to Dunn, because of the fact that I will get to watch him at Tech, but now I am not so excited...

Good luck to LA this year, I think you all will have trouble with some of the elite teams this year, but will get some good wins as well.

Thanks for opening the door.......& sorry you're so bored.......Chase Dunn prolly feels terrible bout that.....

Really. 'Elite' Teams? Don't most teams have trouble with 'elite' teams? Hmmmm. LA lost a couple of seniors from last years team. One was the point guard. The other a post player. LA might not have had one of their best games last night your right, but pulled out an 18 point win.....at Harpeth's gym. Your opinion of Dunn is probably off base. You know the basketball team so well at Tech. Do you think Chase doesn't know them? Don't you think he knows he'll have some work to do. That's what freshmen do. They mature and adjust. Elbowing a freshman in the chest? Freshman, soph, senior. Whatever. No one from Harpeth threw an elbow, right? Rolling the ball after a basket? Aren't you getting a little picky? I guess you like your post players attitude when he stared the ref down and dropped the F bomb after a foul called on him. Refs will take care of delay of game.....they called three charges on your boy Dunn. Harpeth returned two or three starters from last year. So did LA. LA played 10 players last night. Some of them were freshmen and sophomores. Maybe Harpeth should have beat LA last year with that senior laden team. Maybe they should have beat LA last night in their own gym. They both returned three starters from last year's team. How many players did LA and Harpeth have sick last night? Don't know all the details, do we.

LA may be physical, but no more than Harpeth. Check out LA's schedule.They seem to be faring ok with some 'elites' early on. They may lose some games. They play some good teams but will only get better. Who knows how far they will go. Hopefully they'll go further than last year. I hope Harpeth does well too.

We love to travel to places where people like you are going to find silly things to complain about....Take verbal cheap shots at a player......bring him down to earth a little bit...... Jealous? Dunn is very grounded. How many assists, seals, deflections did he have last night? Figured you didn't know that either. LA is definitely not a one man team. TJ Smith had 28, a nice oop & 8 people scored. WHile they may lose some games, their not gonna be outworked. But they are gonna do it with their game, not their mouths. HHS fan. If you're gonna be so attuned the finer details, why don't you have someone edit the four-letter words out of your pregame music. Very classy. Or maybe that definition of HAVOC was left off the wall.

Maybe Harpeth can't beat LA because you're more excited about that filthy music than hard-nosed basketball.

Come on. Lighten up on Dunn. Maybe when he gets to Tech, you know, with the team you know so well, maybe he'll be able to silence the opposing team's crowd like he did the wild and crazy student section from Harpeth. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Don't you have a name for them? I've seen it written somewhere.........even you gotta give him credit for that.

Thanks for opening the door.......& sorry you're so bored.......Chase Dunn prolly feels terrible bout that.....

Really. 'Elite' Teams? Don't most teams have trouble with 'elite' teams? Hmmmm. LA lost a couple of seniors from last years team. One was the point guard. The other a post player. LA might not have had one of their best games last night your right, but pulled out an 18 point win.....at Harpeth's gym. Your opinion of Dunn is probably off base. You know the basketball team so well at Tech. Do you think Chase doesn't know them? Don't you think he knows he'll have some work to do. That's what freshmen do. They mature and adjust. Elbowing a freshman in the chest? Freshman, soph, senior. Whatever. No one from Harpeth threw an elbow, right? Rolling the ball after a basket? Aren't you getting a little picky? I guess you like your post players attitude when he stared the ref down and dropped the F bomb after a foul called on him. Refs will take care of delay of game.....they called three charges on your boy Dunn. Harpeth returned two or three starters from last year. So did LA. LA played 10 players last night. Some of them were freshmen and sophomores. Maybe Harpeth should have beat LA last year with that senior laden team. Maybe they should have beat LA last night in their own gym. They both returned three starters from last year's team. How many players did LA and Harpeth have sick last night? Don't know all the details, do we.

LA may be physical, but no more than Harpeth. Check out LA's schedule.They seem to be faring ok with some 'elites' early on. They may lose some games. They play some good teams but will only get better. Who knows how far they will go. Hopefully they'll go further than last year. I hope Harpeth does well too.

We love to travel to places where people like you are going to find silly things to complain about....Take verbal cheap shots at a player......bring him down to earth a little bit...... Jealous? Dunn is very grounded. How many assists, seals, deflections did he have last night? Figured you didn't know that either. LA is definitely not a one man team. TJ Smith had 28, a nice oop & 8 people scored. WHile they may lose some games, their not gonna be outworked. But they are gonna do it with their game, not their mouths. HHS fan. If you're gonna be so attuned the finer details, why don't you have someone edit the four-letter words out of your pregame music. Very classy. Or maybe that definition of HAVOC was left off the wall.

Maybe Harpeth can't beat LA because you're more excited about that filthy music than hard-nosed basketball.

Come on. Lighten up on Dunn. Maybe when he gets to Tech, you know, with the team you know so well, maybe he'll be able to silence the opposing team's crowd like he did the wild and crazy student section from Harpeth. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Don't you have a name for them? I've seen it written somewhere.........even you gotta give him credit for that.

Obviously I touched a soft spot. Is Chase your boyfriend? Did I say I hope Chase reads this and gets mad? I went to the game hoping to see Chase Dunn really light it up, and he did. But not the right way. I thought he would be a leader, but whenever he got touched he showed a lot of weakness falling every time. GOD get over it!!! Dunn looking at the ref, then the coach after every SINGLE play that he got a foul called on him with the look of WTF! Gets old, I dont know why he thinks he is king and should not have anything called on him. I cannot wait for him to get to Tech, because hopefully he has a new attitude. It gets old to watch somebody with that kind of attitude play for four quarters. Im glad you all put up with it.

Talk about picking the little stuff out. You are complaining about warm up music, and a definition on a wall. Good for you!!! Yes everybody should have trouble with elite teams, especially if you are not one of them.(LA, Harpeth)

Also have I ever said Chase Dunn is not good? I have never heard a rant about nothing until I read your last post. Congrats.

Obviously I touched a soft spot. Is Chase your boyfriend? Did I say I hope Chase reads this and gets mad? I went to the game hoping to see Chase Dunn really light it up, and he did. But not the right way. I thought he would be a leader, but whenever he got touched he showed a lot of weakness falling every time. GOD get over it!!! Dunn looking at the ref, then the coach after every SINGLE play that he got a foul called on him with the look of WTF! Gets old, I dont know why he thinks he is king and should not have anything called on him. I cannot wait for him to get to Tech, because hopefully he has a new attitude. It gets old to watch somebody with that kind of attitude play for four quarters. Im glad you all put up with it.

Talk about picking the little stuff out. You are complaining about warm up music, and a definition on a wall. Good for you!!! Yes everybody should have trouble with elite teams, especially if you are not one of them.(LA, Harpeth)

Also have I ever said Chase Dunn is not good? I have never heard a rant about nothing until I read your last post. Congrats.

Wow! You have already showed your lack of basketball knowledge. You can't even tell the difference in attitude and emotion. The players with emotion are the ones that make. Dunn is a great example of what hard work and alot of heart can accomplish. The kid is tiny and he is going D-1. You think Tech is going to sign someone who is 5 feet tall if they don't play nearly perfect. Dunn is a role model, who thrives on comments like that. So, keep them coming.

But on a serious note: The run-out music that you mentioned wasn't even edited. Thats a class act considering little kids were at the game. I thought LA played very sloppy and still won by 18.

Nope. you never said he's not good. you said he was good but then brought up stupid crap about the way he looks at people and the way he rolls the ball after a made basket. Why would someone of your stature and closeness to the TTU Basketball program be so concerned about one kid's so called attitude. And when a small player gets hammered, sometimes he falls.

Why do you care who's boyfriend he is? Are you looking? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Yeah. People like you aggravate those of us who really enjoy the game and watching all of LA's players work hard. You saw nothing that didn't resemble a leader. and he's not the only leader on the team. Why can't you just make a compliment and leave off the other stuff. You will never convince the rest of us that u aren't just a jealous person....of a player and a program. I saw Dunn look confused at those carrying calls that the one skinny ref made. I'm not defending Dunn on that one. Talk about picky though. Who calls that anymore? But nice adjustment by Dunn to finish the game and get those three more 'and ones' to finish the game. I'm sure you'll agree with that too. But you probably thought those guys he was takin it too that were twice his size weren't fouling him, or at least not hard enough for him to fall.

Picky stuff. I guess the writing was picky. Just having fun with that and your quiet, outnumbered crowd. However, the profane music should have offended the home crowd, coach, and administration as well. Until last night I couldn't imagine a school, team, or coach wanting to be portrayed that way. The profane music might not have been so offensive and looked so bad on Harpeth if your team could have backed it up..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> However, we didn't bring it up till you put us down. Mine isn't a put down. It's obvious. Go ahead. Tell me the music wasn't profane. Make yourself look smarter. Did it affect LA. Nope. However, we didn't have our best game. Only won by 18. So maybe it is working for ya.

It really carries a lot of weight that you don't think LA is an elite program. Maybe they're not. Who cares? Being considered elite means nothing. Winning basketball games means something. And that's what LA does. Check your record against them. It's not important, but I wander if it bothers you a little that news media and websites considered LA one of the best in AA last year, and are speaking even higher of them this year.

King Dunn. How funny is that? By the way. U had to put up with it. We rather enjoy it.

This is too funny and I know they got beat when they got there, but didn't LA make it to the 'Elite Eight' last year?!

Yes everybody should have trouble with elite teams, especially if you are not one of them.

Livingston Academy has won 57 of their last 73 games. That is a shade over 78%. They have won 24 of their last 25 games. They have only lost one game since last December. (and that game was to the State Champions) So you may be on to something when you say they aren't an elite program. They have probably just been on a really lucky hot streak. Besides, anyone who looks at their schedule knows that they don't play any tough teams. With a pancake schedule like they have had the last two seasons who shouldn't win all those games.. But, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Someone with your basketball connections must have a good grasp on local basketball.

Livingston Academy has won 57 of their last 73 games. That is a shade over 78%. They have won 24 of their last 25 games. They have only lost one game since last December. (and that game was to the State Champions) So you may be on to something when you say they aren't an elite program. They have probably just been on a really lucky hot streak. Besides, anyone who looks at their schedule knows that they don't play any tough teams. With a pancake schedule like they have had the last two seasons who shouldn't win all those games.. But, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Someone with your basketball connections must have a good grasp on local basketball.

LOL!!!! Tell it like it is OCF. Tell it like it is.

Hey HHS Super Fan. Come on. Enlighten us more on how bad Dunn and LA are.

If you're at a loss for words, you might get some ideas from that Havoc soundtrack.

Where have I said Dunn or LA was bad? Do you know how to read?

Please give me an example of the soundtrack. Because I was busy watching warm ups, and your players singing the songs being played rather than listening sorry. I thought it was a basketball game not American Idol. Obviously from these posts, you all cannot take criticism. And you all resort to bashing, which I am fine with I can take it. I definitely will not lose any sleep over it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />