2009 sullivan south football

Guest footballfan100

Ellis,Rowland, & Z are returning veterans at DBs with Kitz's S spot vacant. I'm guessing Knox West may have really good speed and a good passing game from reading about the summer passing leagues in the KNS .Hence my thought about utilizing Seth's speed on defense. I think I've been told Z is pretty fast but don't know on Rowland or Ellis other watching them play. I hope they all are running track this spring.

Defense is also the right side of the ball to play mad at!

You're right, someone needs to have speed back there.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know the story on Austin Box from Central. I understand he wants to come to South. He will be a Junior I think. Seems there is a connection between Stacy's wife and Austin's father. Maybe they work together I believe. He is small but has speed and agility. He was a RB last year at Central.

Right and wrong. WR-SR- going to Auburn-theydo work together as both OBGYNs. Funny how great programs spin off great transfer rumors.(see Dobyns-Bennett)

Anyone know the story on Austin Box from Central. I understand he wants to come to South. He will be a Junior I think. Seems there is a connection between Stacy's wife and Austin's father. Maybe they work together I believe. He is small but has speed and agility. He was a RB last year at Central.

I haven't heard that--but wihile on the subject of transfers---I hear that Jake Weaver, talented 8th grader at Holston Middle, and '09 Freshman, is thinking about making the move.

I haven't heard that--but wihile on the subject of transfers---I hear that Jake Weaver, talented 8th grader at Holston Middle, and '09 Freshman, is thinking about making the move.

That kid is a very fine ball player. He will be the best 9th grader to play at South in a while. I went to their game against Happy Valley,coldest game I seen all year. His dad is a one man cheering section, no joke. He would do one part of a cheer and the rest of the stands would do the other.He will double the sound from the south side with {KNOW YOUR JOB} and {THAT'S MY BOY },great fan and will support every kid on your team!! Central takes a huge loss if he leaves for South.

That kid is a very fine ball player. He will be the best 9th grader to play at South in a while. I went to their game against Happy Valley,coldest game I seen all year. His dad is a one man cheering section, no joke. He would do one part of a cheer and the rest of the stands would do the other.He will double the sound from the south side with {KNOW YOUR JOB} and {THAT'S MY BOY },great fan and will support every kid on your team!! Central takes a huge loss if he leaves for South.

Easy now. He's very good, but I wouldn't say best in a while.

The Weaver kid is a stud! We're going to have to give our recruiting coordinator a raise! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Remember "thinking" and "enrolled" are different, but this looks promising. In the wind rumors of another quality athlete transfer in this same class,a city boy!

Comp and others,

Rebels '09 will be just fine, but some of these ideas about who will play where are a bit far fetched. Nothing is in stone, but some things also don't requre a consiracy theroy. I want to answer certain questions that were asked that I can answer...

Yes, SW has played DB. He isn't a corner. Zanoni and Rowland will be the corners. SW started at safety all summer with KK during 7 on 7, and ran it some live last year. He'll be back there next year.

As far as RB goes, Seth's last full season at RB (although it was 8th grade) he did go over 1000 yards and double digit TDs, but I seriously, seriously doubt he will be moved to RB. Coach talked about putting Seth in the backfield as a sophomore and throwing the little flat route to him, but it never developed. Fletcher really stepped up with that route this past season. Dang it, I will miss the Spin Doctor! Since the season ended and Seth's had time to really get really healed up and recoup, he's back up to 180 or so, but he doesn't have the build for RB anymore. The RBs will be Bobby, Wes, and Cassell.

St. Clair will be QB, no doubt. Haden will work in KR and PR and will be QB2, as the athlete his is you would not want to keep him on the sidelines. He may see a little WR. St. Clair earned the right to playing time this year at ILB/DE and made the most of it. Great job Aaron. But, his D days are over. He'll be QB1 and that is not a slight on Haden, as he is an athlete and does have a good arm. Haden will fill the waiting role as Bradley did with so much character. Aaron is the field General. He always has been. I've seen it up close and believe me, very few people know how football smart St. Clair is. He has O vision like Ty and Clint have D vision.

Ty will be our All-everything LB with Clint excelling as well. Clint may get some carries at RB/FB. Ty will not be carrying the rock, although he'll get a few more receptions from TE. These two are rocks inside. Caleb Anderson and Ethan Long will step up at DE/LB. JC Garvin will find the field, but its TBD where.

Speculate all you want, but WRs will be Z-man, Seth, and Ellis, with Rowland coming in on the spread. Haden may see some WR time too. No St.Clair at WR as he can't throw it to himself.

I also agree with you about Track, Comp. It really helps. I think Curt would tell you the same. SW has also given up basketball this year to focus on his goal of a 110M Hurdle Title and work for '09 football. When we visited WCU and Furman, the Track coaches there also empasized how they like to work with WRs. Helps everyone, especially the players. Columbo is another one it helped. Chuck seemed to pick up Two 10ths overnight. (Going to miss Chuck knocking the stuffing out of people). With Hilton coaching T&F now, I am hoping there will be a push there.