Oneida Boys Basketball

kazam37

but I guess it'll just be stated that I'm blowing smoke cause I'm mad cause MY kid doesn't get to play. Well I don't have a kid or any relation within this mess. I'm just a basketball fan who calls it like they see it.

or you could be related to the "scottcountybasketballfan" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida won by 7 or so... it was 28 - 4 at the end of the first and oneidas coach backed off of the press and put in the reserves... seemed kinda early to do it at the very first of the second quarter but sunbright battled back and eventually got it pretty close... i do believe if he would have not pulled the dogs off this one could have been very ugly and much worse. IMO

I don't agree much with this statement. As a coach you want to put the best 5 on the court; however, Coach Yaden seems to not care about who the best are. Which in turn has cost the team greatly over the course of the past couple of games. I'm not saying that he doesn't know what he's doing, but it seems to me that he's more worried about who's who instead of who's good. Maybe it's just me, but when I see players such as: Torrey Slaven, Dylan West,

Johnathan Lewallen, Braxton Hutson, Mark Miller, and others whom of which I know contributed a lot to last year's team sitting on the bench, it disheartens me. I don't see why a coach wouldn't want to do everything in his power to win. Yes, I'm aware that most of the boys have been caught up in football but honestly they had absolutely no power over the situation. The others may have had a month head-start on the football boys, but I honestly don't think it made a difference. No disrespect towards the Laxton and the Jeffers boy, they are outstanding players. I've been to every game for the past two years and I've seen what these boys can do. Coach Yaden just doesn't seem to want to face the facts and see how good they and has brought the team down tremendously. Everyone talks about how there's no discipline, but what do you expect from a coach who has had very little if any coaching experience on this level. Why would you throw someone into a situation where they have little experience and give them assistants that are barely able to be called assistants. Oneida is capable of a lot more than what has been shown. Coach Yaden is a good coach, he's a great coach on middle school level, but I guess it'll just be stated that I'm blowing smoke cause I'm mad cause MY kid doesn't get to play. Well I don't have a kid or any relation within this mess. I'm just a basketball fan who calls it like they see it.

No, these players cannot help the fact that they were in football, but it was their choice to play football. Second I don't see how the who's who comes into an effect. Even if the players you named are the ones who are best fit to be on the floor a " name" doesn't make up for their time out. When they have had time to get settled in if suited they will be put on the floor. As far as the comment about hurting the team Oneida has not had the best team around in a while even tho they have had talent. One of the assistance that is not suitable happend to be the coach of most of the boys while they were in middle school and look at were the middle school program has been for the past few years. From what i'v seen over the past few years the 5 on the floor play better as a team. I'm not going to mention any name's but some of the players are missled either in their mind or by parents that they are "SUPERSTARS". In my opinion OHS's prob over the past few years has been ego's. If the players are as good as they think or are hyped to be then let their playing do the talking and get them on the floor. It is a whole lot easier to coach from the stands and see what someone else's kid does wrong. Yes this is Coach Yaden's first year as a head coach in high school, and yes it is the other coaches first year in high school but between the three they have played a lot of ball. Probably more than most of the people who like to come here and coach behind a computer. If anyone would like to go talk to them face to face i'm sure they would love to hear your opinons. Some of the players think because they started last year it give them a spot this year, but it doesn't. You can't expect a new coach to come in and a team turn to gold in a short amount of time. The lose to Campbell Co was a lose to a good; that very few if any of the Oneida players could have a spot on their varsity. I don't pretend to know everything about basketball but I have been around it for a while and have been around Oneida basketball the past few years. As you said you don't care if your agreed with as I don't either so you can take what i'v said for what it is, but in the end its like a you know what. We all have one.

I think we need to give these coaches a chance. These are our coaches, they may not do things like the last coach or as I or anyone else would do and most coaches wouldn't . Everyone has their own style and a way of doing things. I don't think the coaches want or need our opinions. I like to win as much or more than anyone else , but to try and undermind the coaches authority is the wrong way to see improvement . The thing we all need to remember is these coaches come in with the intentions of putting together a program , it only makes it harder with outside interference. If for some reason anyone is not happy at the end of the year , put your application for the position in. I am not defending or attacking these coaches , I'm just saying they are here why not give them this year to see what they can do.

or you could be related to the "scottcountybasketballfan" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

officer, im not related to soccer10, but u may be related to youdontknowme,metro1992,lishooter, or 81booger who are affectionally none as the oneida basketball know it alls. here in highlander nation we know our limits and we deal with it. oneida basketball has the bottom of the barrel basketball coaches. our cast off is your gain. our boys team battled campbell county hard with less talent than oneida. we didnt have such all star coaching as yaden (county champs several times) and coach stevo (state champ) who has his name on a (banner) right up there with the oneida football and basketball champions. I AGREE WITH SOCCER10 and the vast majority of oneida fans and SCOTT COUNTY BASKETBALL FAN! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ONEIDA FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL PCC

No, these players cannot help the fact that they were in football, but it was their choice to play football. Second I don't see how the who's who comes into an effect. Even if the players you named are the ones who are best fit to be on the floor a " name" doesn't make up for their time out. When they have had time to get settled in if suited they will be put on the floor. As far as the comment about hurting the team Oneida has not had the best team around in a while even tho they have had talent. One of the assistance that is not suitable happend to be the coach of most of the boys while they were in middle school and look at were the middle school program has been for the past few years. From what i'v seen over the past few years the 5 on the floor play better as a team. I'm not going to mention any name's but some of the players are missled either in their mind or by parents that they are "SUPERSTARS". In my opinion OHS's prob over the past few years has been ego's. If the players are as good as they think or are hyped to be then let their playing do the talking and get them on the floor. It is a whole lot easier to coach from the stands and see what someone else's kid does wrong. Yes this is Coach Yaden's first year as a head coach in high school, and yes it is the other coaches first year in high school but between the three they have played a lot of ball. Probably more than most of the people who like to come here and coach behind a computer. If anyone would like to go talk to them face to face i'm sure they would love to hear your opinons. Some of the players think because they started last year it give them a spot this year, but it doesn't. You can't expect a new coach to come in and a team turn to gold in a short amount of time. The lose to Campbell Co was a lose to a good; that very few if any of the Oneida players could have a spot on their varsity. I don't pretend to know everything about basketball but I have been around it for a while and have been around Oneida basketball the past few years. As you said you don't care if your agreed with as I don't either so you can take what i'v said for what it is, but in the end its like a you know what. We all have one.

Well unlike Mr. Yaden the football boys did fulfill their obligation, and didn't put anything off as he did. ;] But that's a different matter, I mean they were only middle school kids. I'm sure this was way more important than some middle school team. Who cares if it's mid summer and they're still waiting on practice right? right. We could dig through his personal and try to get him fired like a parent did Coach King cause her ALL-STAR wasn't getting the playing time she thought he deserved. BUT anyways the whole "talk to them face to face" doesn't get you anywhere either. You can just offer a suggestion and it goes in one ear and out the other cause they are the Coach and they know what's best for their team. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I don't agree much with this statement. As a coach you want to put the best 5 on the court; however, Coach Yaden seems to not care about who the best are. Which in turn has cost the team greatly over the course of the past couple of games. I'm not saying that he doesn't know what he's doing, but it seems to me that he's more worried about who's who instead of who's good. Maybe it's just me, but when I see players such as: Torrey Slaven, Dylan West,

Johnathan Lewallen, Braxton Hutson, Mark Miller, and others whom of which I know contributed a lot to last year's team sitting on the bench, it disheartens me. I don't see why a coach wouldn't want to do everything in his power to win. Yes, I'm aware that most of the boys have been caught up in football but honestly they had absolutely no power over the situation. The others may have had a month head-start on the football boys, but I honestly don't think it made a difference. No disrespect towards the Laxton and the Jeffers boy, they are outstanding players. I've been to every game for the past two years and I've seen what these boys can do. Coach Yaden just doesn't seem to want to face the facts and see how good they and has brought the team down tremendously. Everyone talks about how there's no discipline, but what do you expect from a coach who has had very little if any coaching experience on this level. Why would you throw someone into a situation where they have little experience and give them assistants that are barely able to be called assistants. Oneida is capable of a lot more than what has been shown. Coach Yaden is a good coach, he's a great coach on middle school level, but I guess it'll just be stated that I'm blowing smoke cause I'm mad cause MY kid doesn't get to play. Well I don't have a kid or any relation within this mess. I'm just a basketball fan who calls it like they see it.

Your right sounds like a parent. So your saying just because those kids played last year they should be guaranteed a starting spot? Even thou we had a different coach (that you probably didn't like either) and now that we have a new coach He should just start these boy, I don't think so. Hey when it all comes down to it, we are not at practice we have no ideal who is giving their all and has the right attitude. Let the coach do His job and quit this stuff. Momma always said if you can't say anything good just don't say anything.

Give the coach some time to get a feel for his players. He hasn't even had a chance to coach ten games yet! I agree that there is a lot of talent, but there are only so many minutes in a game. He will play the players he feels are ready to play. Also, it is a very different type of conditioning coming from football to basketball. Give this team some time to gel and figure each other out before making any rash comments that may be too soon. Its not about politics, it's about playing together and finding ways to win, let's give these coaches and players a chance to find an identity. It's not about how you start the season, it's about how you finish!

officer, im not related to soccer10, but u may be related to youdontknowme,metro1992,lishooter, or 81booger who are affectionally none as the oneida basketball know it alls. here in highlander nation we know our limits and we deal with it. oneida basketball has the bottom of the barrel basketball coaches. our cast off is your gain. our boys team battled campbell county hard with less talent than oneida. we didnt have such all star coaching as yaden (county champs several times) and coach stevo (state champ) who has his name on a (banner) right up there with the oneida football and basketball champions. I AGREE WITH SOCCER10 and the vast majority of oneida fans and SCOTT COUNTY BASKETBALL FAN! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ONEIDA FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL PCC

You can say all you want to about this following statement....YOU are a PARENT of a ONEIDA ballplayer.You ran your mouth too much and it has given you away....Whats the matter...your kid not getting any playing time?It's ok...Get on here and bash the coaches all you want.You have no backbone in YOU to do it to their face.Just hide behind your little screen name and keep stirring it up.I would love to see you say anything to either of the coaches...Hey i got a idea? Schedule a meeting!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I forgot...It's MR OFFICER to YOU!!!!!