CoachT fan poll

just1np

I noticed in the current poll(as of 7:00 at least) that Gallatin and Smyrna are tied in the number of points. However Smyrna had 15 first place votes to GHSs 5. Now to me that would give the "tie-breaker" to Smyrna, but Gallatin is at the 9 spot, Smyrna at 10. I assume this attributed to alphabetical order.

This doesn't have anything to do with the teams involved, I just thought first place votes would carry more weight in this case.

Anyone agree?

The poll is just a simple fan poll so I would not worry too much about how to position 2 teams having the same number of points as it will very likely change the next time someone votes. I'm sure what you suggest could be done but it doesn't determine playoffs or BCS rankings or anything like that so I can happily live with it as is. Besides it is somewhat flawed in just the way it is set up. If there are more fans on coacht with a bias to one team over another, the results will always be skewed. I believe it is there just as a point of interest (and sometimes lively discussion) as the season kicks into action.

Posted by just1np:

I noticed in the current poll(as of 7:00 at least) that Gallatin and Smyrna are tied in the number of points. However Smyrna had 15 first place votes to GHSs 5. Now to me that would give the "tie-breaker" to Smyrna, but Gallatin is at the 9 spot, Smyrna at 10. I assume this attributed to alphabetical order.

This doesn't have anything to do with the teams involved, I just thought first place votes would carry more weight in this case.

Anyone agree?