4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

My point is as follows (and has no hidden meaning):

Blade was an assistant coach in Santa Clarita. I'd give credit for the State Championship to the legend.

I guess that is your prerogative to do so if you wish, but that's a big slight to the players on that team and the assistant coaches on the staff to only credit one guy for winning a state championship. Good grief man! It is a team sport and a team effort after all. How do you think Maryville is so successful?

Head coaches, particularly in football, are only as successful as their assistant coaches and players allow them to be. A head coach's first job is to make sure his assistants are doing their jobs correctly.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that is your prerogative to do so if you wish, but that's a big slight to the players on that team and the assistant coaches on the staff to only credit one guy for winning a state championship. Good grief man! It is a team sport and a team effort after all. How do you think Maryville is so successful?

Head coaches, particularly in football, are only as successful as their assistant coaches and players allow them to be. A head coach's first job is to make sure his assistants are doing their jobs correctly.

I agree 100% now. But your post earlier never made it clear that Coach Blade wasn't the HC in Santa Clarita. I just thought it would be fair to clarify this. It's all I did. My mistake.

According to factsonly's rationalle, Coach Gaddis (Head Coach) is the only person that should get credit for HC's tremendous season.

I agree 100% now. But your post earlier never made it clear that Coach Blade wasn't the HC in Santa Clarita. I just thought it would be fair to clarify this. It's all I did. My mistake.

I didn't realize Blade "only" being the assistant HC in Santa Clarita, California of a State Championship team made it less of an accomplishment.

So, Maryville fans, I'm interested to know: who the key players are to watch for on the Rebels this Saturday?

George Quarles.....

no really, it depends on what they are faced with. if they have to run the ball, ya got Shular and Jones and a little bit of Mark Young...passing attack Jhulin (sp?) will throw to Jordan & Trenda....also watch Justin Smith on D...he can hurt you

yes-please stop wearing white on white-it's dull et looks like penn state.

won't get to be there saturday-my momma passed away tuesday. she loved the red rebels!!! hope everybody has safe travel to the game and please give em a MOVE THEM CHAINS for me et my family!!! GO RED REBELS!!!

God bless you spanky! You are in my prayers.

George Quarles.....

no really, it depends on what they are faced with. if they have to run the ball, ya got Shular and Jones and a little bit of Mark Young...passing attack Jhulin (sp?) will throw to Jordan & Trenda....also watch Justin Smith on D...he can hurt you

LOL! I hear that LOUD and CLEAR!

Good stuff, thanks for the info! Smith just won Mr. Football for 4A lineman, right?

Wait, how big are the lines for Maryville this year? I know they usually aren't huge, but they are very quick and smart. HHS just happens to be playing undersized on the line this year as well.

Maryville has Outstanding coaching- Great players- I am not sure that I would say that Hillsoboro does not have a chance because of what happened two years ago- Beating Henry Co is not small task- I don't think Maryville could have beaten Henry co personally- I could be wrong- I would now rank Maryville third in the state from what I have seen- If I am wrong then I will loose a 20 dollar bill over it!

Well, if your opinion mattered, then maryville would be screwed!, but since it don't i think we will be ok?

To The bandwagoner whose name is BLDRUNNER, just bc ur teams not there doesnt mean you cant cheer for maryville? ok?

Also to Mr. Bandwagon, its true that the kids from 01 and 02, are no longer with maryville, but kids from 06 are, and if im not mistaken, mr GQ is still on our side too?

in YOUR opinion, maryville is the 3rd best in the state? let me guess

1. Hillsboro?

2. Henry County?

3. Maryville?

O ok that makes sense, considering Maryville streak is 74-0, and Hillsboro couldnt win 9 in tha regular season this year? Nor HC win 14 with the postseason?

So until you , or any1 for that matter gets close to beating Maryville, sit down, shut up! and deal with it that Maryville is the Best in the state! Or they have been for the last 5 years, !!!!

Oh and towards Alcoa, i consider you better than HC or Hillsboro, so MY oppinion is

1. Maryville

2. Alcoa

3. HC

4. Hillsboro

Deal with it, bc in maryville, every season has 15 wins