Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

Could someone from TC give some history on the 1922 gold ball? TSSAA lists a state playoff in 1938 then resuming in 1969. Were highschool sports alligned under something different back then?

I looked in the vault today where TC keeps all of their GOLD balls, and looking through all the hardware that was in there, there was no ball from 1922. However, there is a big picture hanging in the hallway of the 1922 CHAMPIONSHIP team along with the other CHAMPIONSHIP teams.

Congratulations on getting to the BIG game to all from TC and JB. Good job players and coaches. Hope to see everyone in THE BORO. GO JACKETS, bring back another GOLD ball for that vault. Hey PUJO nice to meet ya at Oneida, will you be coming to the BORO?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he could play somewhere, but his stats aren't as good as a bigger schools kicker, just because some of those games rely on kicks for the win. that is where the other poster is right. i forgot the young man's name but look up the kicker that played for brentwood academy a couple years ago and went on to be the kicker for Auburn.

it was john vaughn

Well I was the king of writing poems in about the 4th grade but I never did progress. Since everyone else is free stylin I thought I'd break out my 4th grade level poem writing skills:

Once upon a time not long ago

In a little bitty town that grows tobacco

A group of kids got together and formed a team

They set out to accomplish something in a dream

Everyone said they didn??™t have a chance

No way in heck they??™d make the big dance

Well needless to say they proved them all wrong

14 weeks into it and they??™re still going strong

There??™s just one more thing left to do

To accomplish the dream of this select few

And that is to win a shiny gold ball

That??™s says you??™re the champions of them all

Standing in their way is the purple and gold

Who accomplish this dream quite often I??™m told

It??™s going to take a lot no doubt in my mind

But the Red Devils can do it one play at a time

I'll be here all week. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cool Man /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rumor has it that several grills and cookers will be leaving the West Robertson County area between 9 and 10 Friday.

easy misssport sleeping w/ the enemy is 1 thing but eating with takes on a whole new meaning /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

just joking

heard the fired Tubberville today

They did, he was a pretty darn good coach but he couldnt get along with his coordinators. I hope to see more of the smashmouth I team instead of this Tony Franklin system. The systems great for teams with the personell to use it, not for a team with four terrific running backs and a running quarterback. I bet Auburn could run Creasy's wing T well. Maybe they'll hire him /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They did, he was a pretty darn good coach but he couldnt get along with his coordinators. I hope to see more of the smashmouth I team instead of this Tony Franklin system. The systems great for teams with the personell to use it, not for a team with four terrific running backs and a running quarterback. I bet Auburn could run Creasy's wing T well. Maybe they'll hire him /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

He changes coordinators about as often as a TC fan changes his underwear, so it's no wonder he can't build a relationship with them.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

He changes coordinators about as often as a TC fan changes his underwear, so it's no wonder he can't build a relationship with them.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

lol, It looks like all that talent they have on D and with Mario Fannin and Kodi Burns is gonna be wasted on rebuilding the program. Shame, Im really sad the iron bowl streak is over, but ill have to get over it.

Oh and by the way, I checked, the Watertown Jo Byrnes scrimmage was won by Jo Byrnes, but it was 5 scores to 4. Not that that matters.

lol, It looks like all that talent they have on D and with Mario Fannin and Kodi Burns is gonna be wasted on rebuilding the program. Shame, Im really sad the iron bowl streak is over, but ill have to get over it.

Oh and by the way, I checked, the Watertown Jo Byrnes scrimmage was won by Jo Byrnes, but it was 5 scores to 4. Not that that matters.

What was it 1st team against 1st team? and what info did you get on the Cascade/Watertown scrimmage? I wasn't at the JB scrimmage, but Cascade dominated them. I do know that since I filmed it for our coaches.

your source was very in accurate it was jobyrns with 5 scores and watertown with 1 score /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i was there and i watched all of it sorry pal /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i m think our seconds scored 2 times.

Well I was the king of writing poems in about the 4th grade but I never did progress. Since everyone else is free stylin I thought I'd break out my 4th grade level poem writing skills:

Once upon a time not long ago

In a little bitty town that grows tobacco

A group of kids got together and formed a team

They set out to accomplish something in a dream

Everyone said they didn??™t have a chance

No way in heck they??™d make the big dance

Well needless to say they proved them all wrong

14 weeks into it and they??™re still going strong

There??™s just one more thing left to do

To accomplish the dream of this select few

And that is to win a shiny gold ball

That??™s says you??™re the champions of them all

Standing in their way is the purple and gold

Who accomplish this dream quite often I??™m told

It??™s going to take a lot no doubt in my mind

But the Red Devils can do it one play at a time

I'll be here all week. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

wow. that is actually really good

your source was very in accurate it was jobyrns with 5 scores and watertown with 1 score /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i was there and i watched all of it sorry pal /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i m think our seconds scored 2 times.

I was there too, but I dont really remember it. A watertown player told me today it was 5 to 4, but that prob aint right. Yeah, Cascade did dominate Watertown. All yall are talking about where to eat. Toots has great food, so does Cocunut Bay Cafe, and there is a great burger joint called Fat Mo's . All the watertown boys are headed to hooters.