mccallie

Guest chattfbfan

Guest chattfbfan

are they(mccallie) any good this year or are they average. would someone help me out? who are their linemen, they graduated everyone, but potter won't let them be average. please let me know your thoughts.

Posted by au105:
Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

We beat them last fri night 2-1. They ran the option very well, but Joel Slater picked off 2 of R Moore's passes. He did not throw the ball well at all. They should do OK, but I did not see another state title team. Not real big up front. Very well coached team.

Both interceptions were flukes. The ball was deflected both times and a lucky DB happened to be standing there and caught it. On one interception the DB caught it and only had to return it some 10 yards for one of their two TDs. With full game time it would have been very different.

Sounds like an excuse to me...good luck to y'all this year, mrsoddydaisy. Tell Trey I hope his foot heals.

they'll be fine. They've got several very good linemen getting ready, Coach Newman and Coach Potter do real good jobs of getting linemen ready and motivated. Parker Baird will be very good one of these days, and they've got a lot of potential all up and down the line with Cooper Bechtal, Jason Thorn, Alex Thorn, Bryan Rayburn, Zac Hitchcock, and several others. They aren't necessarily the biggest bunch of guys, only one (Bechtol) over 200 lbs I think, but size doesn't necessarily matter with the option, quickness and strength, and intelligence do, and there's an abundance of that with this bunch. They'll be fine.

au105, what game did you watch? The first pick was a 40 yarder and Slater had to turn back into the field from the sideline to get to it. He made a great interception. The second one was from a deflection and Slater caught it diving to the ground. The third was a violent hit by Slater deflecting the ball into Josh Ward's hand for a TD. Our starting DB's are fast and like to hit. Hey, DALE, what's up. I'll tell Trey. We miss him alot at Def end.

[Edited by mrsoddydaisy on 8-22-02 10:09P]