All Region 4 3A

zongy1211

Maybe as a walk-on. He is not D-1 material. Too small and too slow.

Surely you're not talking about Ziegler being too small and too slow? Kid runs a 4.42 40 is 6' 185 lbs. A few more pounds wouldn't hurt. Has 3 firm full scholarship offers and is actively talking with at least 3 D1 schools.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you're not talking about Ziegler being too small and too slow? Kid runs a 4.42 40 is 6' 185 lbs. A few more pounds wouldn't hurt. Has 3 firm full scholarship offers and is actively talking with at least 3 D1 schools.

And I have some ocean-front property in Arizona to sell you. He is not D-1 material and don't say he is. How many players from this region are playing D1 ball now????? Many other players from a variety of these schools are or were better than him and none of them are playing on that level. He is a good player for a below average program. D1, Not happening.

There are different levels of D1. The BCS and the FCS. Formerly D1A and D1AA. To be able to play in either level is a compliment to the player, coach and team where they came from. Ziegler can definetly play FCS if not BCS. He will put on size and he already has good speed. I wouldn't be surprised if 10-15 boys in this region alone go D1 next year.

There are different levels of D1. The BCS and the FCS. Formerly D1A and D1AA. To be able to play in either level is a compliment to the player, coach and team where they came from. Ziegler can definetly play FCS if not BCS. He will put on size and he already has good speed. I wouldn't be surprised if 10-15 boys in this region alone go D1 next year.

I'll take a different approach to it. It'll be lucky if you have 2 make it and that's going to stretch it. My oldest son was recruited by Vandy for 4 years, courted by some SEC and OVC schools and was fortunate enough to be a walk on at Vandy for a 1 1/2 years. (he left the team because he would have to give up his merit scholarship to keep the team under their allotted 85 and pay out of pocket to stay with the team. Right, we're going to give up a $50,000 a year scholarship to play football) He could have walked on at UT but why get lost in the numbers. You really don't have a true grasp of the level of athlete that the D1 programs are looking for. At least at the higher levels. They only have a limited number of scholarships to give out and they're trying to get the 4 and 5 star rated players. It's just not as easy as what most think. Size will get it at the lower levels, speed will get it at the lower levels, but you've got to have the complete package to go any higher.

I'll take a different approach to it. It'll be lucky if you have 2 make it and that's going to stretch it. My oldest son was recruited by Vandy for 4 years, courted by some SEC and OVC schools and was fortunate enough to be a walk on at Vandy for a 1 1/2 years. (he left the team because he would have to give up his merit scholarship to keep the team under their allotted 85 and pay out of pocket to stay with the team. Right, we're going to give up a $50,000 a year scholarship to play football) He could have walked on at UT but why get lost in the numbers. You really don't have a true grasp of the level of athlete that the D1 programs are looking for. At least at the higher levels. They only have a limited number of scholarships to give out and they're trying to get the 4 and 5 star rated players. It's just not as easy as what most think. Size will get it at the lower levels, speed will get it at the lower levels, but you've got to have the complete package to go any higher.

I take it your son was Roger Herndon. If it was , he was a great high school player. It is not a knock at Ziegler that I said he was not D1 material. He is a good athlete in his own right, but he is not top tier caliber or FCS caliber or whatever they call it now. He should look at places like Lambuth, Cumberland, or Union University in Kentucky if he wants to continue his career. Appy State, TSU, Western Kentucky, not happening.

I take it your son was Roger Herndon. If it was , he was a great high school player. It is not a knock at Ziegler that I said he was not D1 material. He is a good athlete in his own right, but he is not top tier caliber or FCS caliber or whatever they call it now. He should look at places like Lambuth, Cumberland, or Union University in Kentucky if he wants to continue his career. Appy State, TSU, Western Kentucky, not happening.

Thanks for the compliment.

Vanderbilt has been recruiting Zack this year and I think Coach Fowler was at his house a few weeks ago but letters and visits are easy for them to do. Putting their offer on the table is what matters.

2? Our region already has 1, Station Camp's k/p Christian Reed is going to Wofford(SoCon) and Hunter Tope and Houston Anderson are being recruited by Tn. Tech. I see why you are upset at your son's deal. I think that was a travesty. My brother played there in mid 90's and was first team all state wide receiver and wa only recruited by D3 schools. I don't think Greenbrier in the past pushed their kids on coaches very well.

2? Our region already has 1, Station Camp's k/p Christian Reed is going to Wofford(SoCon) and Hunter Tope and Houston Anderson are being recruited by Tn. Tech. I see why you are upset at your son's deal. I think that was a travesty. My brother played there in mid 90's and was first team all state wide receiver and wa only recruited by D3 schools. I don't think Greenbrier in the past pushed their kids on coaches very well.

SC's kicker is going to Wofford? When is he signing? When is the news conference? Just wanted to know so I could look for it.

Greenbrier has never been a school that drew a lot of attention because they never had a whole lot of recruits. There were some but the coaches never pushed it a lot. We did most of ours on our own and then it kind of took over for itself. It's definitely going to be the larger schools that get the attention.

I THINK ANYONE WHO GETS NOMINATED FOR MR FOOTBALL IS THAT GOOD. YES HES BIG BUT THATS PART OF IT. IF HE WAS 6 FT 250 WOULD HE BE AS GOOD? PROBABLY NOT. BUT HES 6 FT 3 / 6 FT 4 340 AND THATS PART OF IT. PEOPLE WHO WATCHED HIM AGAINST THE MR FOOTBALL AWARD WINNING LINEMAN FROM KNOX CATHOLIC THINK BOONE WON THE BATTLES.

like most white house fans you speak with no knowledge when you post. boone apparently didnt win enough battles in that game because his team lost and got the football ran down their throats in the process. i would rather have hood any day than boone. brunetti, halstead, williams, trapp, cook, and hollinsworth as a collective group voted that boone was not an elite player from within their own region. the all-region team does not lie!

like most white house fans you speak with no knowledge when you post. boone apparently didnt win enough battles in that game because his team lost and got the football ran down their throats in the process. i would rather have hood any day than boone. brunetti, halstead, williams, trapp, cook, and hollinsworth as a collective group voted that boone was not an elite player from within their own region. the all-region team does not lie!

LISTEN HERE HEMMOROID OR FATFISH'S LITTLE BROTHER OR "HOWDUMBISI" OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL YOURSELF BOONE WAS A MR FOOTBALL CANDICATE AND A 3 YEAR STARTER AND VERY QUICK FOR HIS SIZE. IM NOT SURE WHAT POLITICS PLAYED IN BOONE NOT GETTING VOTED ALL REGION BUT I KNOW THAT IT HAD TO PLAY A PART SOMEHOW. SO TAKE YOUR DISLIKE OF WHITE HOUSE FOOTBALL AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR CRAMHOLE. NOW HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW LITTLE BOY? ALSO TELL CRAPFISH I SAID HI /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />