Oneida in 09

remade28

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ones, Cleat! Thought about Posey a lot! I'm familiar with all of them except Terry. As you can see I went with size because I don't want to have any questions on Fourth and 2. Koger was indeed a nasty little bugger....sure you don't want him some where on your defense?!?! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> All in all though, a pretty diverse list!

Kazzy

Good ones, Cleat! Thought about Posey a lot! I'm familiar with all of them except Terry. As you can see I went with size because I don't want to have any questions on Fourth and 2. Koger was indeed a nasty little bugger....sure you don't want him some where on your defense?!?! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> All in all though, a pretty diverse list!

Kazzy

I would want Daugherty and McDonald on my defense both were ok on offense but great on defense, Posey was a true offensives, lineman , Koger was the Conrade Doberman of High school football, and I didn't expect you to remember Terry he was way back in the day when they first started waring cleats, and I think McDonald played tackle ,Owens was the best center at Oneida I have seen. King just thought it was funny to hurt someone, you got to love that in a lineman.

Good thought process.....I believe I'll swap out Daugherty and Posey. I also am going to move Jeffers over in place of Canfield, and fill Leif's spot with Patrick Phillips....another powerful guard on the State Championship Team! I am, however, keeping Johnny Mac on this Front Five because he possessed great leadership among his comrades in the trenches. So now, thanks to your insight about the defensive line, my line-up looks like this:

LT - Dustin Posey

LG - Patrick Phillips

C - Johnny McDonald

RG - Cody "Freak" Duncan

RT - Leif Jeffers

There.......thats going to work better for me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazaner

Hey, Dudes........lets add some life to waiting on Spring practice. Position by position , starting with offense (and I know we have probably had this discussion before) who is the all time best players in Oneida history. Lets start with linemen first, since the mules are the one that pull the wagon. Go any decade and name your five and why. Heres mine just to get it going:

Tackles - Nick Daugherty....mobile, 300+, played to the whistle, nasty, and great feet for his size.

Bart Canfield.....athletic, strong as an ox, great hands leverage, and a pancake artist.

Guards - "Freak" Duncan.....great motor, pulls to lead well, finishes blocks, and fearless against anyone.

Leif Jeffers......huge, quick, road grader, great feet, and never blocks the wrong guy.

Centers - Johnny McDonald....great exchange, tough, another great motor, a bit undersized..but strength made up for it, effect against large noseguards, and nasty to boot!

Easy arguements for other linemen.....I tried to be diverse /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> , but tough ticket to make the all time top five! Who you guys got?

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Kazmaniac, it's been awhile! I noticed your list here and while being an old Wartburg guy, I don't know any of these folks, I do believe you could add one guy to the roster. You and I discussed MIke Smith a few years ago and I still remember the guy 20+ years later. I honestly believe pound for pound he was the best athlete I ever competed against. Not only was he one of the hardest dudes to tackle I've ever seen, I also vividly remember him dunking a basketball right over my head! To add to his "legend" I recall him jacking a home run almost back to the Scott County line back in the spring of '86! So I know that Oneida has had a LOT of big time athletes over the years, but I think you'd have to add this guy to the list somewhere. BTW I"m glad to see Oneida playing the Burg again, but I only hope it's early in the season before you all iron all the wrinkles out and get a full head of steam!! Later pal!

SCW86, I remember our discussion.....Smith will enter the stage a little later I'm sure! Right now we are covering offensive linemen. Only rule in this little game; can't use a player twice. So you have to be selective about which player to use and where. We'll find 22 of the best I'm sure. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kaz

Good thought process.....I believe I'll swap out Daugherty and Posey. I also am going to move Jeffers over in place of Canfield, and fill Leif's spot with Patrick Phillips....another powerful guard on the State Championship Team! I am, however, keeping Johnny Mac on this Front Five because he possessed great leadership among his comrades in the trenches. So now, thanks to your insight about the defensive line, my line-up looks like this:

LT - Dustin Posey

LG - Patrick Phillips

C - Johnny McDonald

RG - Cody "Freak" Duncan

RT - Leif Jeffers

There.......thats going to work better for me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazaner

Kaz....you just failed OneidaFootball 101...Your LG, if your talking State Champs in '92 was Patrick Chitwood...Come on 'Play with much spirit'....surely you remember that one....

Nick Daughty - T

Patrick Phillips -G

Brut Davis -C

Dustin Phillips -G

Dustin Posey -T

Loopie, I will have to agree on the Dustin Phillips and Dustin Posey. Two great lineman.I had the pleasure of playing when they were sophomores my senior year.Great blockers AND pass rushers.I followed them many of times through the hole. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes.....Champ. you are correct! I meant Chitwood. He was a very good lineman, on prehaps the greatest team ever at OHS. I'm trying to keep from letting boredom from setting in, lets move on to the Four Horsemen; QB, two running backs, and a fullback. Remember, this team can have no two way players, so make your selections wisely! I'm going to think about this one a little longer:

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazannor /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes.....Champ. you are correct! I meant Chitwood. He was a very good lineman, on prehaps the greatest team ever at OHS. I'm trying to keep from letting boredom from setting in, lets move on to the Four Horsemen; QB, two running backs, and a fullback. Remember, this team can have no two way players, so make your selections wisely! I'm going to think about this one a little longer:

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazannor /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

whooooooooooooooo kazimoto & champ the ol' nature boys ohs history is non exsistant. whoooooooo. but you left off two very good linemen. in heath sexton & jerimiah hughett. now the four horsmen whoooooo is that arn anderson lex luger and that bunch or you talking about michael smith, jake lowe, jason pike, the champ hisself,whoooooooooooooo kazzy this could take awhile. I may have to slap a figure four leg lock on somebody!!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="