Oneida in 09

remade28

Listen Champ......I know my x's and o's better than you think. IMO, Chitwood would be a formitable guard on my line because of his mobility and power in the lead. If you want to get "picky" about it Freak was a tackle, too! And Johnny Mac was just a deep snapper on punts....I believe he regularly played guard. However, I'm trying to make my team solid with exceptional players! Also, Chitwood did play some guard for us in his formative years! See.......my statement doesn't need fixin'!!

I'm gonna stick with Stan....I, too, think J. Pike is an exceptional player.....he will probably make my defense! I'm also noting you are sticking with backs that you are entirely in your era.....what's wrong Champ....are you a little afraid to research a little deeper. Wouldn't you agree those undefeated teams in the fifties must have had a few bell wearers! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Let me give you a name you are probably unfamiliar with.......Ronnie Jeffers.....this kid once accounted for 40 points in a single game against a 5-A school. Look it up. Some of the backs you mentioned are very good and I might steal one or two (we'll see).

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kazzy...I'm just ribbing at ya. Listen COACH...I don't doubt you knowing your X's and O's I was just jogging your memory. QAnd yes, the one's I have listed are the one's that I SEEN play and I pointed that out. Of course there were some great players back in the day according to some people. Heck fire I have somebody different telling me all the time how great of a player my father was back in the day.I would love to see some film on the 50's and 60's teams.

And another thing...the white jeep is still for sale.Are you and your brother tuff enuff...../laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kazzy...I'm just ribbing at ya. Listen COACH...I don't doubt you knowing your X's and O's I was just jogging your memory. QAnd yes, the one's I have listed are the one's that I SEEN play and I pointed that out. Of course there were some great players back in the day according to some people. Heck fire I have somebody different telling me all the time how great of a player my father was back in the day.I would love to see some film on the 50's and 60's teams.

And another thing...the white jeep is still for sale.Are you and your brother tuff enuff...../laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I would love to see some tape on you chUmp, I bet the only tape you have been on is athletic tape around your ankles so you wouldn't twist an ankle as you brought water to the players

I'm gonna say it the only way I know how.......we are plenty tough enough.......we just aren't plenty rich enough! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Of course we are thinking of ways that we might get to you, but right now we are just hoping some of our ideas come to fruitation in the racing game. Know anyone with a coupl'a Thou to throw around? We'll get to you asap! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My daddy must have been pretty decent too.....it seems he only lost two games in his entire high school career! (and they were both bowl games)

Kazzy

Special Teams lets not forget about Joe Daugherty could have played at the next level , After watching five decades of oneida football the best at that pos. not many in the state much better . I was keeping chains the night they were playing rockwood at oneida joe punts the ball out of his own endzone and the ball gets lost in the lights . I was standing by the rockwood head coach as I was keeping the chains an he said we have oneida now after the punt i will not repeat what he said , not many pros punted much higher or longer.

Keeping the wheels moving, let's go to the Tightends and recievers:

Ends: Derek Lawson - prehaps the most electrifying player ever to put on the Orange. unreal body control and elusiveness. great hands and pretty much fearless across the middle. could regularly turn a hitch or slant into a trip into the endzone. speed in abundant supply. (I never saw anyone catch him)(and I often thought a few had a chance) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> you can't tackle what you can't touch.....that was pretty much D. Lawson! the best receiver I have seen on the high school level.

Since that was a no brainer, I need a little more time to come up with an excellent slot receiver and tightend! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I know some are going to say Derek should be on defense, but he is just too good of a playmaker to put over there!

Kazzy

Good pick Kazam37 can not disagree with Derek Lawson . How many remember in the mid 70's once again on special teams .I believe againt Jellico at Oneida , Oneida is punting and Paul Rose takes a 40 yard plus sprint and hits the Jellico return man head on so hard it splits the returners helment .Rose had great upper body strengh .Just another great moment in Oneida history.

If you are talking about Johnny McDonald of the 1980 class he did not play center it was Brain "Brute" Davis and he started there for three years Johnny was won of the all time great linebackers at oneida earning MVP his senior year

Johnny mac, heck of a linebacker, him and radar sexton it was hard to run on I seen them two hit a boy and knock him into the fence and they had to cut him out. , Brut Davis I seen him blow out nose tackles and carry the qb on his back ten yards at a swipe. mike slaven was one slick tailback once he hit the corner he was gone, and I think he played qb one year.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Loopie, I will have to agree on the Dustin Phillips and Dustin Posey. Two great lineman.I had the pleasure of playing when they were sophomores my senior year.Great blockers AND pass rushers.I followed them many of times through the hole. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would love to see some tape on you chUmp, I bet the only tape you have been on is athletic tape around your ankles so you wouldn't twist an ankle as you brought water to the players

Don't know about showing you any tape but one thing I can show you for sure......

THE GOLD RING ON THE FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Big Indian...I meant every word of it.TWO great LINEMAN!!!!