Oneida in 09

remade28

Yeah...very disappointing! But, what's done is done! It can't be changed and I really can't be sad. The future is very bright for Oneida.

The Indians have a very strong class of seniors this year, luckily with lots of experience. We also have a bunch a young talent coming up! Heck, Cheetah is only in the 7th grade. (by the way, we dont call him Cheetah cause he has stripes). I have heard that there are 5 candidate for the job. Thats a pretty good field to compare.

I hope the school board and Mr Bagget will work quickly but use their wisdom. All the Indians need is a guy who will be Fired-Up to coach Oneida. Not build a resume or wait for another job opening. Choice is pretty easy in my mind but we will have to wait and see.

No sense in looking back. TL left the program in outstanding shape. Time to make it even better!

Who are the 5 candidates?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the 5 candidates?

I honestly can't say for sure. I have heard from 3 seperate folks from either side of Scott County that 5 applicants have showed up. So, I feel confident that the number 5 is pretty solid. However, that was last week. Things may have changed.

Other than that...I have heard just about every coaches name from Bill Cower on down. (well, actually, I came up with Bill Cower myself) Anyway, point being, I have heard lots of names.

I will tell you,IMO, whose names should be in the hat.

Coach Burchfield

Coach Brewster

Coach Wright

Coach Matthews

Coach Buttram

Coach Stephens

If one of these are named HC then the rest would stay or atleast I would want to think they would.If you bring in an outsider ,any one or all of these may be gone and we don't need that.This is an EXCELLENT coaching staff and we NEED TO KEEP ALL OF THEM!!!!!

Went to the off-road track this weekend, and some qrease ball was driving around the track with the awfulest paint scheme I've ever seen! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Shoot.....it was bad enough that the number on the truck was a dud, but any well respected driver would have worn the colors! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I hope this coaching thing gets done soon......we don't function good when we don't have a head..........Kinda like that driver!

Kaz /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know I'm ranting here, but that truck could have surely used some spears down the side? (cool areodynamics) That thing could have gained a little more time if it had of gone airborne at some point on the course. I've got half a mind to build me a stock hunk of metal and decal the heck out of it and then go trade paint! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Only one problem...........no money, no sponsor, no car, etc.........well you get the picture! Probably just as well, like everybody else I'm sure I talk a better game than I play! Let's talk some football:

You guys hearing any strong push by any of the candidates for HC? Lot of names flying around......most, IMO, are buzz kill if you ask me! I hope we remain sharp and make Coach Lambert wish he hadn't gone to AC. I'm sure he has no regrets!

Kazzy

I know I'm ranting here, but that truck could have surely used some spears down the side? (cool areodynamics) That thing could have gained a little more time if it had of gone airborne at some point on the course. I've got half a mind to build me a stock hunk of metal and decal the heck out of it and then go trade paint! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Only one problem...........no money, no sponsor, no car, etc.........well you get the picture! Probably just as well, like everybody else I'm sure I talk a better game than I play! Let's talk some football:

You guys hearing any strong push by any of the candidates for HC? Lot of names flying around......most, IMO, are buzz kill if you ask me! I hope we remain sharp and make Coach Lambert wish he hadn't gone to AC. I'm sure he has no regrets!

Kazzy

Ole TL may cuss a time or two next winter when it snows but he's "Gone Daddy Gone!" The only O on his mind is Oakridge.

Man, Kaz...I really hope we dont outthink ourselves on this one either. The football program is in great shape. Just need the right man to takes us to the next level. I have not heard any front runners. Probaly be a 100 or so before the whole thing is finished and the rumor mill stops grinding.

The way I understand it , The only existing Coach to put in for the job is Brewster. I hear a big push is for him, With one name from out of county that could upset the cart.I hear it is leaning toward Brewster. Everyone needs to call the board members, we need this done now not a month from now .These kids deserve more from us than to play politics and drag it out.

Consideration has to be give to the current state of things. Movement of coaches that are presently in the system. Terminology changes the players will have to adjust to. Discipline. Rules of engagement. A new coach from somewhere else is going to have to integrate all of these little nuisances into the system. A hire from within at this point looks like just about everything Tony installed will remain for the forseeable future. At least for the next several years. Brew has my vote because he has so much experience behind him! Heck, Burchfield was his coach way back when! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> PCC!

Kazz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach Brewster also has my support 100% for the job. I just hope the administration gives him and the football program the chance /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

whoooooooooooo! hey champ I think brewster is the front runner i think it keeps the program rollin without losin' any momentum whoooooooooooo gonna miss TL. but whoever is stylin and profilin on that sideline will have some talent to work with its gonna be a fun year whooooooooooooooooo. when is spring practice? the ol nature boy is outta the loop nowadays. whooooooooooooooo. gonna miss that /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Coach Brewster also has my support 100% for the job. I just hope the administration gives him and the football program the chance /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Champ, I keep hearing another name, have you heard it? Maybe ,may be not? man flair you make me giggle like a school girl.

Champ, I keep hearing another name, have you heard it? Maybe ,may be not? man flair you make me giggle like a school girl.

Cleat I have heard "that" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> other name.I have actually heard of a couple names.I am still staying where I stand. Coach Brewster is the best choice for the program /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ,IMO.

Flair......where ya been brother /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />