Oneida in 09

remade28

Shoot, wouldn't matter brother. The rumor mill is gonna grind either way!

I agree with Injun about TL. Man, if you wanna know for sure, just ask him. Coach Lambert is about as honest as they come. I think he will pray about his future and make the best decision/decisions he can for his family and himself. Which is what any good husband and father should do.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Oneida, "One Outstanding Coach"!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post on the AC thread says TL will be announced tomorrow at the new coach of the Mavs. Any word on this end of the spectrum??

That would'nt be much of a surprise. TL has told me a few times that it would be awful hard for him to turn down the heach coach postion at AC. Coach Lambert is very honest about his feeling for the folks down there. I am sure he has considered that job, prayed about the situation and could very possibly be the HC there next year. I think tomorrow will tell the tale.

Oneida lost a really good one today. Who will be the front runner to replace Lambert? Will there be a search or will an assistant be promoted?

Funny you bring this up and want to talk about it now. I believe it was mentioned a few days ago and no one wanted to discuss it. All roads led to TL going to AC as soon as Kerr stepped down. Rumor now maybe that TL takes his OC.... So who is an assistant that can take the job.

Funny you bring this up and want to talk about it now. I believe it was mentioned a few days ago and no one wanted to discuss it. All roads led to TL going to AC as soon as Kerr stepped down. Rumor now maybe that TL takes his OC.... So who is an assistant that can take the job.

Hay pal when he gets there maybe you need to talk to him a little about PCC! And learn yourself some.

He is a great Coach, Man and Friend he will do a Great Job.

Any chance of the Henry Boys coming back to O-town. Rock was the co-head coach once before. Would they be welcomed back or has that ship sailed??

Who loses here.......the kids in many respects. I think it has been proven over time that, with the right coach in place, Oneida can produce a winning football program. I hope the next coach will remain with us for a spell. I wish Tony L. nothing but the best because he is going to have to hit the ground hard and fast at AC. He is definitely getting ready to knock heads with the big boys. Halls, Oak Ridge, Powell, Central, Clinton, and Karns will all give AC plenty of competation over the long haul......and who knows what the nice facilities at Hardin Valley will produce over the coming years. I'll go out on a limb and argue out the point that Mav fans are saying welcome home....well, despite his leaving, IMO, he is just going to a different place, not home. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" He is a world class DC, and he is going to have to be, because AC is playing against rather large institutions. I hope you exceed all expectations, Brother!

Of course, it is entirely possible that we will get a coach with the tools to be just as successful as Tony Lambert. He may already be here! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I don't know.....I do know that Coach W. should remain in place as the coordinator because the kids have really latched on to that offense over the last year and new terminology brings new questions. There is no simple fix up here, but again it is very important that this thing gets done right. And hurry....Spring ball is just around the corner! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I'm sure the fence sitters are watching!

Kazam

What's the point in commenting about rumors? Until something happens...there's no point in talking about it.

Coach Lambert did an outstanding job at Oneida. The football program is much better due to his leadership. We wish him the best of luck at AC.

Also, One true thing to remember....Oneida does have a tremendous middle school program. The Indians have some very talented athletes this year and will have for next 5-6 years. So, whoever takes over the program, they will have a slew of very big, strong and fast players to put on the field.

Also, Also, I agree with Kaz. TL is irreplaceable…so why try?

There are several good candidates out there who will do very well at Oneida that are not Coach Lambert. Some are already wearing orange and white.

I am sure the school board will choose a man who is every bit as capable to lead the Indians as Coach Lambert was.

What's the point in commenting about rumors? Until something happens...there's no point in talking about it.

Coach Lambert did an outstanding job at Oneida. The football program is much better due to his leadership. We wish him the best of luck at AC.

Also, One true thing to remember....Oneida does have a tremendous middle school program. The Indians have some very talented athletes this year and will have for next 5-6 years. So, whoever takes over the program, they will have a slew of very big, strong and fast players to put on the field.

Also, Also, I agree with Kaz. TL is irreplaceable??¦so why try?

There are several good candidates out there who will do very well at Oneida that are not Coach Lambert. Some are already wearing orange and white.

I am sure the school board will choose a man who is every bit as capable to lead the Indians as Coach Lambert was.

There are some people on this board that are close to the people being discussed. By no means was I trying to get anyone's heart rate up. Just brought up the situation because TL was going to take over at AC and it seemed that no one wanted to believe it. I will hand it to the middle school and high school programs there they have made huge strides in producing good players. Again not trying to get heart rates up just trying to get a feel for how the school and supporters would feel if TL left and what the plan would be to attempt to replace a great guy like TL, and if there were any coaches there that could step in and make the transition for the players easier.

No pot to stir because I know nothing concerning the next hiring, but these are names that are hitting the pavement so far:

-John Brewster........some say he is the heir apparent because Coach B. nor Coach W. is too eager to jump back in the frying pan at this point. Good fit because he should be able to keep his staff fairly intact. He is also an up and coming young coach that already should have an outstanding raport with the players.

-Keith Henry.........this would probably be a stretch because there is likely to be some animosity still there. "Rock" certainly has his admirers, but a return up the Mountain would be a surprise for quite a few people.

-Don Woods........he gets mentioned every time the position is available. Obviously someone must have expressed an opinion that he might someday like to return to Scott Co. or we have got the wrong message in these parts! Who knows?

-Kaz....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hope everyone caught the "dripping" sarcasm on that one! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

-I also heard the job would get lots of interest from else where because Tony has made it a football location for a coach looking to rise.

Later.....Dudes! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />