Memphis Central Defeats Wilson Central 60-47

philtenn

The Commercial Appeal has the box score of this game in this morning's edition. The box score has Hassell with 11 and Christopher with 14 for Wilson. Memphis' high scorers were Ajanaku with 12 and Taylor with 12. Scoring was pretty even for Memphis, since James and Whiteside followed with 11 each.

Does anyone have any other details?

Does anyone have any other details?

The Hassell in the box score was not Jasmine Hassell (reigning AAA TN Miss Basketball). It was her younger sister Ieisha (sp) Hassell. Jasmine Hassell did not play (personal reasons).

Don??™t know many details because I wasn??™t in attendance but from what I heardddddd: Erica Burgess left the game in the first quarter with an ankle sprain which altered Memphis Central??™s point guard rotation. The margin of victory would have probably been greater if she had played the entire game.

The Hassell in the box score was not Jasmine Hassell (reigning AAA TN Miss Basketball). It was her younger sister Ieisha (sp) Hassell. Jasmine Hassell did not play (personal reasons).

Don??™t know many details because I wasn??™t in attendance but from what I heardddddd: Erica Burgess left the game in the first quarter with an ankle sprain which altered Memphis Central??™s point guard rotation. The margin of victory would have probably been greater if she had played the entire game.

I don't know anything about Jasmine's little sister, but Jasmine Hassel being out makes a difference. Of course, Erica Burgess being out for Central makes a big difference, too. Too bad both teams didn't have their full complement of top players available to them.

Still, teams have to face adversity and championship teams have the ability to consistently overcome. Apparently, at least this time, Memphis Central did the better job.

Haven't seen Jasmine Hassell in any box score this year. Hope she is ok.

Certainly I do to. I have seen this happen quite a bit with high profile already signed players. Nagging injuries to players and teams that seemed to have sewn up their Districts and even maybe their Regions but do not want to take a chance with their career is the main reason. Can't say that it is the reason but it could be. Playing the younger sister is a no brainer to give her experience. The rest will give WC an advantage. The older Hassell needs no more hype. One of the best players I've seen. We just need to watch to see when two names show up in the Box score.

Certainly I do to. I have seen this happen quite a bit with high profile already signed players. Nagging injuries to players and teams that seemed to have sewn up their Districts and even maybe their Regions but do not want to take a chance with their career is the main reason. Can't say that it is the reason but it could be. Playing the younger sister is a no brainer to give her experience. The rest will give WC an advantage. The older Hassell needs no more hype. One of the best players I've seen. We just need to watch to see when two names show up in the Box score.

Jasmine Hassell was out with a back problem according to her coach. She did not have a medical release to play this weekend and being out of town, had to wait until returning home.

Erica Burgess of Memphis Central severely sprained her ankle during the 1st half of their game with Wilson Central and I'm sure it affected the play of the Lady Warriors. However, they are an excellent team with 3 DI signees. Both of these teams should make the final 8 in Murfreesboro.