MINORITY HEAD COACHES

masondixon

HIGH SCHOOL IS LIKE COLLEGE. ARE THERE ANY MINORITY HEAD COACHES OUTSIDE THE METRO NASHVILLE AREA OR MEMPHIS AREA? OUT OF 119 DIVISION I SCHOOLS IN COLLEGE THERE ARE NOW 2 MINORITIES THAT ARE HEAD COACHES. MINORITIES MAKE UP 70% OF THE GAME TODAY. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE ARE NO QUALIFIED MINORITIES IN HIGH SCHOOL. WE NEED TO WAKE UP IN THIS WORLD AND GET RID OF THE GOOD OLD BOY WAYS!! LOOK AT TENNESSEE, DID A MINORITY EVEN GET TO THE INTERVIEW PROCESS? YOU KNOW ROCKY TOP WILL NOT HAVE THAT, ALSO ALABAMA WHEN IT CAME OPEN. WHAT ABOUT SMYRNA THEY HIRED A COACH FROM A LOSING PROGRAM INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH THAT WENT 3 SEASONS UNDEFEATED, RIVERDALE 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO, YOU MEAN MR. FIELDS COULDN'T GET THAT JOB. WHAT ABOUT OAKLAND. HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MINORITY COACH IN WILLIAMSON, WILSON, RUTHERFORD OR SUMNER? JUST WONDERING

What a goof topic...

I want a black heas coach in the NHL

Plus fire charlie and give me ty willingham back

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for these racial quotas. Let's see....50% of the country is white....ok, let's make the NBA teams have 50% of whites on the team...and 20% Hispanic...and 15% Black...and 10% Asian....and 5% other(American Indian and Samoan, etc). And, let's make the NBA hire coaches with this percentage as well.

This should also be true for all college teams and coaches.

This should also be true for all High School teams and coaches. Even if we have to bus young people from the inner city of Chattanooga all the way out to Pickett Co. and vice versa.

You say this sounds ridiculous. I agree. This post is ridiculous.

HIGH SCHOOL IS LIKE COLLEGE. ARE THERE ANY MINORITY HEAD COACHES OUTSIDE THE METRO NASHVILLE AREA OR MEMPHIS AREA? OUT OF 119 DIVISION I SCHOOLS IN COLLEGE THERE ARE NOW 2 MINORITIES THAT ARE HEAD COACHES. MINORITIES MAKE UP 70% OF THE GAME TODAY. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE ARE NO QUALIFIED MINORITIES IN HIGH SCHOOL. WE NEED TO WAKE UP IN THIS WORLD AND GET RID OF THE GOOD OLD BOY WAYS!! LOOK AT TENNESSEE, DID A MINORITY EVEN GET TO THE INTERVIEW PROCESS? YOU KNOW ROCKY TOP WILL NOT HAVE THAT, ALSO ALABAMA WHEN IT CAME OPEN. WHAT ABOUT SMYRNA THEY HIRED A COACH FROM A LOSING PROGRAM INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH THAT WENT 3 SEASONS UNDEFEATED, RIVERDALE 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO, YOU MEAN MR. FIELDS COULDN'T GET THAT JOB. WHAT ABOUT OAKLAND. HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MINORITY COACH IN WILLIAMSON, WILSON, RUTHERFORD OR SUMNER? JUST WONDERING

I'm with you,it won't be good until we got 70% of the coaches.When we get 100 % of the players,we should have it all.The country has spoken off the field and it's time to speak on the field.

Well i played for northwest and we had a black coach for three of my four years there and he was a very good coach his name was coach stevens he just recenlty passed away and he coached us better his last few years sick as he was better than the new coach at northwest ever could dream of and i think color should not matter and playing the race card is stupid if you are a good coach youll get a job because no matter the color if youre wining then every one is happy ,but like college and nfl have to have a certain number of minority coaches than they should have to have at least half the nba and nfl and college players should be white to make it even.

2P good call on Mr. Leo Martin, had him as a teacher at the old SHS. Great man and a great line coach!! He had a very rough time starting up the LaVernge program. He also played in TWO Orange Bowl games at Oklahoma. Kinda strange that I would have to agree with you on something 2P. this guy is a nut. Ricky Fields @ RHS is an awesome coach and motivator and would be a great HC if he wanted the job.

My son's buddies loved playing for Rickey at Riverdale. I think he is too close to the kids to be an effective head coach in football though. He is too kind-hearted and good to come down hard on the ones that needed to be brought down a peg. I know kids always went to him to with their problems . Good Christian man with a heart of gold. Hate that he left Oakland.

Had no clue that Leo played at Oklahoma! WOWWWWWWWW....just knew he had won the state at the old Central High in the Boro. Thanks for letting me in on that one!

My son's buddies loved playing for Rickey at Riverdale. I think he is too close to the kids to be an effective head coach in football though. He is too kind-hearted and good to come down hard on the ones that needed to be brought down a peg. I know kids always went to him to with their problems . Good Christian man with a heart of gold. Hate that he left Oakland.

Had no clue that Leo played at Oklahoma! WOWWWWWWWW....just knew he had won the state at the old Central High in the Boro. Thanks for letting me in on that one!

Leo won a national title under switzer there i believe

I'm with you,it won't be good until we got 70% of the coaches.When we get 100 % of the players,we should have it all.The country has spoken off the field and it's time to speak on the field.

When WE all get over the minority vs majority thing. We're all colored people, just different colors. Who is WE? WE are all just human beings. It's not like people with dark skin are a different species. Almost everyone in the U.S. is mixed race. WE are all Americans....and I for one am color blind, when it comes to skin pigmentation. More light skinned people and dark skinned people need to catch my disease. I see discrimination BOTH ways. Stallion you're obviously a racist. MLK fought for years to end racism, and now the people he was defending are becoming the racist. How about all black restuarants, bathrooms, and buses? How many dark skinned coaches was there 20 yrs. ago? How many are there now?......many more is the answer! It's getting better, just not fast enough for everyone I quess.

Let's not use slang words so that this doesn't get ugly.

Leo won a national title under switzer there i believe

He used to wear to HUGE rings. I think one was a National Championship ring, but I wasn't sure. I think they were like a size 14 or something. I could drop my senior ring thru the opening of both of them. Great man!!! Race is not a factor in most hirings that I know of, I think more African American athletes end up making it to the pros and never make it back to coaching. Who is the guy that played for the Buffalo Bills and came back to teach here. He was an asst. with Coach Martin @ SHS and left to go to Riverdale and now an asst. principal. James? I think he was roomates with OJ.

He used to wear to HUGE rings. I think one was a National Championship ring, but I wasn't sure. I think they were like a size 14 or something. I could drop my senior ring thru the opening of both of them. Great man!!! Race is not a factor in most hirings that I know of, I think more African American athletes end up making it to the pros and never make it back to coaching. Who is the guy that played for the Buffalo Bills and came back to teach here. He was an asst. with Coach Martin @ SHS and left to go to Riverdale and now an asst. principal. James? I think he was roomates with OJ.

yeah Robert James is his name when I played at RIVERDALE he was the defnsive backs coach and the track coach his kids was really good at track and his son was good at basketball i think...but his daughter was really good at track

he is still an assistant principal at RIVERDALE high school

yeah Robert James is his name when I played at RIVERDALE he was the defnsive backs coach and the track coach his kids was really good at track and his son was good at basketball i think...but his daughter was really good at track

he is still an assistant principal at RIVERDALE high school

by the way your father in law is announcing the SHS/ RHS basketball game Friday night. the regular has a prior engagment. Stop by to harass him. I KNOW you enjoy that whenever you get the chance.

For one Tennessee tried to talk to Lovee Smith(Chicago). He wasn't interested. I think the thing that should bother you is when they(minorities) do get a chance. Why don't they get the best black players to come play for them. If I were black and it was an issue with me then I would go play for a black coach. These top athletes have not done that. They have not supported the black coaches. If minorities make up 70% of the game then you would THINK they could both have gotten top 10 classes the last few years. Now I don't know where MS & WASHINGTON have been ranked in the recruiting wars but I would say its not even in the top 25.

Crooms from MS was an exception man that didn't get the best talent(average talent at best). Same thing for TY Willingham. Why don't the best athletes go and play for these coaches? I don't have the answer but its partly the reason they don't have a job. As for the High School jobs I would say there is a shortage of male teachers every where. Weather it be black, white or hispanic. I for one have seen several minority basketball coaches but football coaches for some reason are not that plentiful. As for Mr Fields not getting the Riverdale job. I couldn't tell you. I know nothing about that particular situation.