Sequatchie Co. @ Grundy Co.

TheIndian23

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no excuses from me [but] seq did play 5 games in seven days..the one before grundy,ccs, went to OT. grundy i believe played no games for a week... you could tell the indians ran out of gas. but they still could have done better.. they just got overall outworked. I look forward to the matchup again next week. I think seq will be well rested up and better prepared.

ran out of gas? from what i saw they must have ran out on the way up the mountain because Grundy dominated from start to finish.. 20-4 after the first quarter isn't runnin out of gas.. I think Seq is a good team and i wish them luck but they got ran through on that night

ran out of gas? from what i saw they must have ran out on the way up the mountain because Grundy dominated from start to finish.. 20-4 after the first quarter isn't runnin out of gas.. I think Seq is a good team and i wish them luck but they got ran through on that night

P&P i wasnt saying during that game.you must not have understood my post.they were out of gas as in from the four previous games...nothing to do with grundy that night.you could tell in the opening minutes they were too tired to play to their potential. that was definitely not the real sequatchie team. the game shouldnt have been rescheduled a day after another game especially after a tourney that weekend. the boys were exhausted and you could tell.

I dont say much on here but I will say this. 1) Grundy smoked Sequathchie on Thursday night and you can make whatever excuse you want to make but the scoreboard say it all. 2)Grundy got smoked tonight (Monday) at Hixson and I'm sure there will be no excuse from Coach Holt and his players about why they lost. Facts are facts and the bottom line is the district is going to be crazy. I'd say if you dont show up and play well on any given night in this district you will likely be on the short end of the scoreboard, and for the most part any team can beat any team on a given night. It will certainly be fun to see how everything shakes out.

P&P i wasnt saying during that game.you must not have understood my post.they were out of gas as in from the four previous games...nothing to do with grundy that night.you could tell in the opening minutes they were too tired to play to their potential. that was definitely not the real sequatchie team. the game shouldnt have been rescheduled a day after another game especially after a tourney that weekend. the boys were exhausted and you could tell.

I understand what you mean but if they were so tired they should have cancelled. If you show up to play then play don't make excuses for them. I haven't been out of school that long so i remember what it's like and these boys are in high school, and i know Coach Smith has them in shape. These aren't 30-35 year old men that have been playing everyday for 20 years and these boys don't have a rigorous travel schedule. Saying a high school ahtlete is out of gas not even a month into the season is an excuse i can't take. Don't get me wrong i wish these boys luck on their season and wish success for Coach Smith but i will have to disagree with you on this one my friend.

I understand what you mean but if they were so tired they should have cancelled. If you show up to play then play don't make excuses for them. I haven't been out of school that long so i remember what it's like and these boys are in high school, and i know Coach Smith has them in shape. These aren't 30-35 year old men that have been playing everyday for 20 years and these boys don't have a rigorous travel schedule. Saying a high school ahtlete is out of gas not even a month into the season is an excuse i can't take. Don't get me wrong i wish these boys luck on their season and wish success for Coach Smith but i will have to disagree with you on this one my friend.

so..im confused 15-18 year olds dont get tired? it doesnt matter how old you are, playing games everyday of the week is exhausting. yes, you recover quicker when your young but they didnt get a chance to recover. like i said thats NOT why they lost i just think that was a big factor in the way they played-SLOW! they played like 35 year old men that were out of shape.not moving on D, shots falling short, not boxing out, not getting back....like i said before they could have done things better either way im not making excuses. but if you couldnt tell a differene in the way they played against other teams and the grundy game your blind. it wasnt the same team at all.

They'll get the chance to make up for it next week. It seems odd to play somebody again so soon but when you have 16 district games you have to put them on the calendar where there's room. So far it seems the home teams are doing well for the most part, hopefully that will continue tonight against Howard.

When tournament times comes they will have to play more than normal amount of games in a week. Good way to get use to it.

Grundy got men that can stop the SUPER FRESHMAN you come to the game and watch

You guys have me wishing I lived in TN, close enough to see this game. It's a long haul after work from Atlanta. Just a thought. A super freshman is still after all a freshman. Will he hang in with the pressure of a big game or will he be a regular freshman? That's why they play the games, to find out. Good luck to you both.