News from District 9-A

ecu

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cascade gets the automatic berth to the region and a first round bye.

Eagleville will play a practice game against Boyd.

Community will play an improving VB

MTCS and Forrest will have a great battle.

Going to be a great tournament.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Which team is playing the best right now?

I will be very surprised if Eagleville does not win the district tournament. I think they are definately playing the best ball right now. I like Community's chance to make some noise. Two wins over Cascade helps our confidence. But I think that most people who were at the Cascade/Eagleville games know that Cascade got very lucky and to expect Eagleville to give a gift to Cascade three times is too much to ask. I think we might even see a Eagleville/Community District Championship game. Is that possible with the brackets?

I will be very surprised if Eagleville does not win the district tournament. I think they are definately playing the best ball right now. I like Community's chance to make some noise. Two wins over Cascade helps our confidence. But I think that most people who were at the Cascade/Eagleville games know that Cascade got very lucky and to expect Eagleville to give a gift to Cascade three times is too much to ask. I think we might even see a Eagleville/Community District Championship game. Is that possible with the brackets?

Sounds to me that Cascade outscored Eagleville in both of their games to beat them. I do not think Eagleville gave them any gifts, but if you think that is the case i would say Cascade gave Unionville two gifts as well. Good luck to all teams in the district tourney and congrats Champs on winning the district regular season title.

Cascade gets the automatic berth to the region and a first round bye.

Eagleville will play a practice game against Boyd.

Community will play an improving VB

MTCS and Forrest will have a great battle.

Going to be a great tournament.

While Eagleville playing at home is a big plus, do not overlook Boyd. They are a much better team than in the past. Also, this is tournament time. Stranger things have happened.

While Eagleville playing at home is a big plus, do not overlook Boyd. They are a much better team than in the past. Also, this is tournament time. Stranger things have happened.

Okay you have truly lost it, Boyd has won 1 district game ever an dyou think they are going to make some noise in the tourney, lol Cascade and Eagleville for the Championship it will be hard for Community to beat Cascade 3 times this year considering how close the 1st two games were

Okay you have truly lost it, Boyd has won 1 district game ever an dyou think they are going to make some noise in the tourney, lol Cascade and Eagleville for the Championship it will be hard for Community to beat Cascade 3 times this year considering how close the 1st two games were

Can you read? I said don't overlook them or anyone else for that matter. That is why they play the games. If not, just go ahead and hand it to whomever you "pick".

I am going to defend Boyd a little bit. I am a lifelong Warren County resident and personally know the 2 young men that coach the basketball team. I have watched Warren County basketball for almost 3 decades, but have converted over to the dark side and follow Boyd every chance I as well as my family gets. I read on this site daily mainly to see what everyone writes about the Warren County program and all of its faults and misfortunes. Boyd boys team seems to have turned a corner this past year and it has to do with the great group of young men that play for them. ECU you are probably right when you say Boyd will not beat Eagleville, but I did witness them beat VanBuren Co. I witnessed Boyd be tied at half with MTCS and be down only 4 with minutes left in that game until foul trouble did them in. I watch tuesday night Boyd play toe to toe Forrest. 47-41 Forrest when Boyd missed a 3 from its best shooter to make it a 3 point game with less than 3 minutes. They have improved and I think anyone will tell you the same thing that knows basketball. Being from the Warren County area all my life I know most of the players on that team as well as their parent. They are a very young team with 4 Freshmen and 2 sophomores 2 juniors and 3 seniors of the 11 players they have. The school is very small. It only has about 50 students in the highschool, but that has deterred that team in one bit. They have fought everynight I have watched them. Warren County does not do that and they have 1500+ students walking the halls. I wish that team all the luck in the world the next 2 weeks and just maybe ECU will be wrong, probably not but it will not be from lack of trying on Boyds part. I will go back to lurking on the site about Warren County. Maybe some of Boyd will rub off on them. Great job ECU and all the other district reporters on here. You keep me up to date with all the happenings in a good single A district.