News from District 9-A

ecu

I thought the big football player looking guy came in and gave some good minutes for Forrest. Cascade really struggled with his bulk. Surprisingly agile for a big guy. Like I said Forrest always plays hard. Maybe they are just a year or two away. Good coaching is always important especially in the district and region but to get past that you have to have some talent to compete against the Culleoka's and the west TN teams.

You are right. We don't have any allusions about getting by the Culleoka's of the world. We played them twice this year and they drilled us both times. The first game we tried to get the ball inside and they blocked every shot we took. The second time we tried to shoot outside and they blocked every shot we took. We just can't physically match up with them.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right. We don't have any allusions about getting by the Culleoka's of the world. We played them twice this year and they drilled us both times. The first game we tried to get the ball inside and they blocked every shot we took. The second time we tried to shoot outside and they blocked every shot we took. We just can't physically match up with them.

Pardon my spelling. Illusions.

Not sure I agree with any of this. Point number one:

Eagleville led Cascade by 10 at the end of the first half and were outscored by 15 in the second half during their first match up.

In the second Eagleville/Cascade game, 1st quarter was 14-11 Cascade, Halftime was 19-18 Eaglevile, 3rd quarter was 32-32 and 4th quarter was obviously tied before Cascade scored 10 unanswered points in overtime.

Conclusion: Point 1 is BS

Point 2

"Eagleville handled Community easily all three games" - Didn't see any of them, so I'll take your word on that since the scores reflect that.

Point 3

"Cascade got beat by a better team last night"

First matchup with Football players barely back on court, Cascade led by 8 at half, 10 after 3 quarters, and final margin was 10.

Second matchup Cascade outscored Forrest by 16 on their own court during the 4th quarter.

Total margin of victory for the two games combined was 22 points and they loss last night by seven.

Conclusion: Can't see anyway you can say Forrest is the better team, but whatever.

Point 4

"They might lose to us for a 3rd time this season in the cons game."

This is indeed very possible. The two teams appear to be a good matchup for each other. First game went to overtime and White hit the game winner in the second contest with less than 5 seconds remaining or that one would of went to overtime also.

Conclusion: You may be correct with this point.

To sum it up: Eagleville is NOT the outright best team in the region. Quite honestly their appears to be 4 teams that on any given night might win in my opinion. Judging by the season results, Community doesn't appear to be a good matchup for Cascade, Cascade doesn't appear to be a good matchup for Eagleville and Eagleville doesn't appear to be a good matchup for Community. I think the jury is still out on Forrest. The game last night actually surprised me, so they may be jelling at the right time.

If you can't see anyway that Forrest is the better team, check the scoreboard. You can analyze or over-analyze the game all you want, but the way most people judge who the better team is, is the most recent game. Which we won. And the seven points is very misleading, we were up double digits almost the entire game. And the good ball player fouled out with 1-2 minutes left.

Funny how things work out that is for sure. Eagleville is the best team in the distirct and won the tourney tonight. My hat is off to Forrest and Coach Davy. That bunch play hard and gets after it on every single play. Community beat Cascade again tonight for thier third win over them for the year.

Now the plan about dodging Clarksville Academy is shot since they got beat by Houston County in the semi's. This now means that most likely Forrest will host them this coming Saturday and I promise you Forrest will give them all they want. This also means that Cascade is not in too bad of shape finishing fourth and neither is Community finishing third. The results of the game between NCS and White House Heritage has not been posted yet but one of these is likely who Community will go play. Should be an interesting region.

The fact is District 9 is really weak this year. I saw both games last night and none of the teams really impressed me including my Eagles. I do believe Eagleville has the most talent but at times they have a tendacy to lose their focus. Cascade is a one man team, you shut him down or he gets into foul trouble then they have a hard time scoring. Forrest probably has the least talent but plays the hardest. Community has a hard time playing against quick teams such as Eagleville. They lack at the guard position. Eagleville has three very good players if they play well and stay out of foul trouble they might make it to the substate, sectional, what ever you call that round. I don't think anybody in our district can handle Clarksville Academy but last year I did not think we would beat Culleoka neither. We had much more depth last year.

One: The district looks strong to me not weak, well balanced, with eagleville the one team able to dominate with a strong group of big men.

Two: Community did not struggle with Eaglevilles quickness or any body else's quickness. What games were you watching? Eagleville's bigs shut down our inside game and dominated inside on their end. It was the same story all three games. Can't figure this four year running undeserved rant about our guards, who are as good as anybody else's. I guess one dope with an ax to grind starts it and other's just pick it up.

Eaglevilles wins on us and everyone else is primarily due to the play of their big guys..credit where it is due..when the opponents guards start sagging to help out, the rest of the team gets lots of good looks from the perimeter..and credit to them, they hit those shots. A strong and well coached team that plays a smart gameplan and plays as a team.

If you can't see anyway that Forrest is the better team, check the scoreboard. You can analyze or over-analyze the game all you want, but the way most people judge who the better team is, is the most recent game. Which we won. And the seven points is very misleading, we were up double digits almost the entire game. And the good ball player fouled out with 1-2 minutes left.

Okay, Inglewood. Whatever you say. Does anyone know why none of Community or Cascade's district results (box scores)have not been posted at the Tennessean? Who is responsible for getting that info to the paper? I wanted to see the individual scoring for the last two games, but no info was available. Isn't the host school suppose to do that?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Host school should be sending the information in.

Eagleville looked really good last night and could make some noise in Region.

Forrest did a great job to finish second. Great effort.

One: The district looks strong to me not weak, well balanced, with eagleville the one team able to dominate with a strong group of big men.

Two: Community did not struggle with Eaglevilles quickness or any body else's quickness. What games were you watching? Eagleville's bigs shut down our inside game and dominated inside on their end. It was the same story all three games. Can't figure this four year running undeserved rant about our guards, who are as good as anybody else's. I guess one dope with an ax to grind starts it and other's just pick it up.

Eaglevilles wins on us and everyone else is primarily due to the play of their big guys..credit where it is due..when the opponents guards start sagging to help out, the rest of the team gets lots of good looks from the perimeter..and credit to them, they hit those shots. A strong and well coached team that plays a smart gameplan and plays as a team.

We have one guy over 6'1" and though he plays very hard he is not one of our better players. I have no ax to grind I'm sorry I hit a nerve. But when you struggle with turnovers, have a hard time handling pressure defense and do not shoot the ball well from outside that indicates a weakness and it is guard play. Our best inside player who is listed at 6'2" but he is not, he's shorter than his brother who plays guard because we play a 3 guard offense. Our leading scorer in the tournament was a guard, he was also MVP of the tournament. I believe the leading scorer for yall was one of you inside players not a guard, Good luck in the region and I hope I am wrong about our district being weak I'm just comparing the district to past years. I don't see any team in the district as good as last years Eagleville, Van Buren County or even Cascade teams. But last year was a strong year. Good Luck District 9.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are correct when you say the district is not as good as last year but there are some teams who could make it to the Sectional if they play to their potential. If Forrest can upset CA (very possible), I believe it will be a complete sweep. Good luck to all 9A teams.

You are correct when you say the district is not as good as last year but there are some teams who could make it to the Sectional if they play to their potential. If Forrest can upset CA (very possible), I believe it will be a complete sweep. Good luck to all 9A teams.

Stop the feed inside, Get a hand in Malcolms face, haress their 3 point shooters, you can beat them.