Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

Sanders is orginaaly from Westmoreland. He helped coach Kelly while he was going to WKU. He later went to Beech H.S. with Holmes and later ended up at Gallatin. Very knowledgeable guy and will work hard. Brown is from watertown and played some college baseball. He was the DC under Satterfield at T.C. and got the Lebanon HC position in early 2001. He has done a good job at Lebanon. Both of these guys are hard workers and would do fine if given the resources to work with. I do not know any of the other candidates.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the next coach at macon county will be keith goolsby. KI-YAA KARATE CHOP

KaPOW JUDO KICK, then finish with the the dreaded FIVE FINGER TOUCH OF DEATH PALM TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, goolsby is a good guy and i'm behind him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have lost your mind.Why in the world would they pick him.All this time gone from macon and he has still not been a head coach no where. If he has whats he done. I agree pretty good gut, but not m.c.'s man. SORRY

You have lost your mind.Why in the world would they pick him.All this time gone from macon and he has still not been a head coach no where. If he has whats he done. I agree pretty good gut, but not m.c.'s man. SORRY

sorry, but you may find out soon that the ole snoball knows just a lil bit more than you might expect. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No offense but just because he has never been a head coach doesnt mean he wouldn't be a good head coach every coach has to start somewhere dont they. Snoball you may know something that some of us don't. If you do you need to enlighten us. As also Merry Christmas to all!!!

No offense but just because he has never been a head coach doesnt mean he wouldn't be a good head coach every coach has to start somewhere dont they. Snoball you may know something that some of us don't. If you do you need to enlighten us. As also Merry Christmas to all!!!

that is the point. He has never been a head coach. Trust me, they want hire another stepping stone in m.c. It will be someone with alot of head coach'n exp. Ole big stick knows a little too.

that is the point. He has never been a head coach. Trust me, they want hire another stepping stone in m.c. It will be someone with alot of head coach'n exp. Ole big stick knows a little too.

Well please fill us in because the names im hearing none of them have alot of head coaching experience.

Well please fill us in because the names im hearing none of them have alot of head coaching experience.

who cares, who it is, as long as they clean house. All new. Someone with no ties to anybody is what macon needs. Macon also needs for nobody that has had anything to do with the program in the past 25 years to have anything to do with the hiring. These people have had their chance. STAY AWAY PLEASE. yOU HAD YOUR CHANCE. lET SOMEBODY ELSE. Don't even put your 2 cents in. This is a small part of the problem. The same old ones get a say or influence and we wind up back to square 1.

I agree. We have already given up too many years to someone who "has never been a head coach".

That's for the birds (night buzzards, whoever). Enough is enough in Macon. We're tired of getting

the bones and scraps. We want the T-bone Dinner with all the trimmings. We want our town and our boys

to reap some of the rewards that they have only heard about from others down the road.

WE'RE READY FOR THE RE-AWAKENING OF THE BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW!!!!!!!!

what about an assistant with about 20 years of coordinating experience?

Experience is a MUST!!!!!!!!!! Again, we've had our fill of "giving people chances to learn", etc. We've even had

"an assistant" of the greatest coach in class A and look where it got us...P L E A S E ...and people even had

the idea that he "would be" a good Head Coach. Ha, ha, ha!!! If he had been half as good when he was on

the creekbank, do you honestly think Satterfield would have let him come up the hill???? Be realistic.....

don't think so!!!! He might be one of those good pee wee coaches that everyone is always talking about

from TC/SC, who knows???

Coordinating and assisting both mean that you do not have what it takes to "take the reigns"

yourself.

20 years coordinating, imo, means "working with the program". This could be, PTO, Fundraising,

Teaching at Camp?? Need more info....

We need experience and someone who has already evolved into a Good coach. Not someone that

"will be with more experience"

Someone who has worked as an assistant for several years, someone who has been exposed to the

TSSAA for more years than it's been since he was in high school. Someone who has atleast worked

with a coach with a "gold ball".

We need someone who will BE A LEADER for the Assistant Coaches, Players, Fans, Town, etc.

who cares, who it is, as long as they clean house. All new. Someone with no ties to anybody is what macon needs. Macon also needs for nobody that has had anything to do with the program in the past 25 years to have anything to do with the hiring. These people have had their chance. STAY AWAY PLEASE. yOU HAD YOUR CHANCE. lET SOMEBODY ELSE. Don't even put your 2 cents in. This is a small part of the problem. The same old ones get a say or influence and we wind up back to square 1.

Its comments like these that make it where "good" coaches don't want to come here. It may be a small part of the problem but people always bashing the coaches is another small part of the problem and you seem to do that alot. Also, it doesn't really matter to me who gets it but I dont think that all the coaches this year was the problem. I know that there were some on the staff that have coached at other places and even here and won in the past so apparently they must have some idea of what they are doing. As a matter of fact every coach that was on the staff that has coached at other places were successful in their previous places, might want to think about that one.

teamspirit, i can tell you don't know what you are talking about. I said what about an assistant with about 20 years of coordinating experience. you know like the o coordinator or the d coordinator. not an athletic club person like what you described. obviously they have been around a while. and i disagree with your comment about an assistant doesn't have what it takes to be head coach. do you think every head coach is a head coach right from the start. most of the sucessful head coaches where good assistants first. the last very sucessful head coach yall had was coach gregory and he left your great school to be an ASSISSTANT at portland, and 1 last thing. not many head coaches would be that good if they didn't have great athletes and good o and d coordinators.