The Secret Coaches Poll has a new name

ArtusCimber

I have to admit I'm a little hurt. This is why.

I am the Region One rep on the soon to be renamed Secret Coaches Poll.

Every year somebody asks who votes on the coaches poll and every year I come forward and identify myself and every year somebody accuses us of being a hooded conspiracy.

No respect. So sad.

I am going to give us a new name though.

The Cabal of Ten

There are ten of us, see? And I like the word cabal. It is just cool.

Hence the new moniker.

Of course, you know who I am (maybe), and of course Luther is a no brainer, so there's twenty percent of us.

Maybe some of the rest of our cohorts will cast off their cloaks and further uncover the secret.

I am having an absolute blast this season so far. I have a great bunch of kids and a coaching staff that is outstanding. Hopefully we'll even be able to compete in the region by the end of the year.

We've survived bleak November. Good luck to everyone this season!

Lying in the weeds in JC,

Jeff Price

Science Hill

P.S. By the way, everything before "I am having an absolute blast" is purely satirical. Well, maybe I am a little hurt.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I'm a little hurt. This is why.

I am the Region One rep on the soon to be renamed Secret Coaches Poll.

Every year somebody asks who votes on the coaches poll and every year I come forward and identify myself and every year somebody accuses us of being a hooded conspiracy.

No respect. So sad.

I am going to give us a new name though.

The Cabal of Ten

There are ten of us, see? And I like the word cabal. It is just cool.

Hence the new moniker.

Of course, you know who I am (maybe), and of course Luther is a no brainer, so there's twenty percent of us.

Maybe some of the rest of our cohorts will cast off their cloaks and further uncover the secret.

I am having an absolute blast this season so far. I have a great bunch of kids and a coaching staff that is outstanding. Hopefully we'll even be able to compete in the region by the end of the year.

We've survived bleak November. Good luck to everyone this season!

Lying in the weeds in JC,

Jeff Price

Science Hill

P.S. By the way, everything before "I am having an absolute blast" is purely satirical. Well, maybe I am a little hurt.

Coach, What if we are just curious and don't have a negative agenda. Is it wrong to want to know who votes in this poll? I personally would like to know just to know who it is that is voting. I promise my post is not meant to offend anyone including you. Thanks

If you can't figure out the top fifteen coaches and/or ex-wrestling hombres in the state of TN, then not be able to pick the secret ten out of that group.....you probably don't need to know the cabal secrets.

These guys will hurt you if you pry too deeply.....really. Think mafia here. Be careful lest you are pulled in too deep because once you're in, you're in for good. There's no gettin' out.

LONG LIVE THE CABAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach, What if we are just curious and don't have a negative agenda. Is it wrong to want to know who votes in this poll? I personally would like to know just to know who it is that is voting. I promise my post is not meant to offend anyone including you. Thanks

Some of the coaches have stated that they vote on here in the past but I don't blame any of them if they do not wish to do so. They may feel they need to be able to vote without worrying about what other coaches they are upsetting by not voting for them, not placing them highly enough, etc.

Just suffice it to say that all of the coaches that vote are very well respected inside of the community and that there is good representation spread across the state. I am pretty sure that if all of the coaches knew who was voting that they would feel completely confident in the opinions of those coaches.

I'm just funning about. I wasn't at all offended, and there is nothing at all wrong with wanting to know, but I will refrain from speaking for my fellow pollsters if they wish to remain anonymous.

This first poll is hard though, because with the exception of three or four programs, the battlefield is pretty foggy right now.

I'm really just having a ton of fun this season and was trying to add to that here.

We've made it through November, and I can't wait to get to Ooltewah Saturday to see how my troops stack up against Ooltewah and Brentwood and Cookeville, some of the best in the state.

I hope everybody has a productive season and that we all, myself most of all, learn all the lessons the sport has to teach us this season.

To all that are interested or even care,

I AM A VOTER................Steve Henry

I was told about this post and felt that it was time to come out in the open.

Long live the Cabal !!!

May we call you guys, Duke of Trojan and Lord Topper? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />