Shelbyville & Lawrence Co. Fri. nite

PURPLE76

LC had too many turnovers need to handle the ball better. Luffman got into foul trouble early and just wasn't the same. LC stands around too much on offense it makes it easy for a good team to gaurd. If you watch Shelbyville they are always setting screens and moving to get open which leads to good shots and easy buckets.

The fouls on Luffman looked very ticky tack from where I was sitting. Its ashamed when the officals take a player like Luffman out of a game this big. But that asside the girls just had a hard time getting anything to fall last night and turn overs were a big factor as well. I look forward to the rematch with all the girls healthy and a little more playing time under our belt.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all forget that fouls were also called on Shelbyville last night. Dawson had to sit longer than Luffman. Lawerence Co had 14 fouls to Shelbyville 21. Lawerence Co Shot 33 free throws to Shelbyville 18. Now turnovers were LC 17 Shelbyville 12. Yes you all had some young players playing but so did Shelbyville. Well not young but players that hardly every played in vasity game. Shelbyville had three starters back from last year and another played a little as a sub last year. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I thought that LC coach managed Luffman fouls will. Took her out during defense and put her back in on offense. Then when our big girls was out she put her in to use her agianst lesser players she felt like. I thought Shelbyville's Scott for Shelbyville did her best to slow down Luffman. You should have notice that when #14 hit some 3's Shelbyville put pressure on her when she got the ball. Shelbyville had to make adjustment and when they did it help. They wre not sure how the others players would play. Shelbyville knew what Luffman and Robbins would and could do.

Yes the rematch could be a good one but its in Feb. 3rd. Both teams will improve between now and then. What gets me Shelbyville respects all teams they play (players and coaches) but it seems that no one wants to respect them. Well I guess if no one will give you respect as a player or coach, you have to take it(respect) /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> . Shebyville thinks it got some tough games the rest of the season. They play Wilson Central two times maybe three if a tournament works out. Mt. Juliet at Mt. Juliet, Franklin Co at Franklin Co next friday night, and so on.

We will see on Feb. 3rd. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You all forget that fouls were also called on Shelbyville last night. Dawson had to sit longer than Luffman. Lawerence Co had 14 fouls to Shelbyville 21. Lawerence Co Shot 33 free throws to Shelbyville 18. Now turnovers were LC 17 Shelbyville 12. Yes you all had some young players playing but so did Shelbyville. Well not young but players that hardly every played in vasity game. Shelbyville had three starters back from last year one more than played a little as a sub last year. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I thought that LC coach managed Luffman fouls will. Took her out during defense and put her back in on offense. Then whn our big girls was out she put her in to use her agianst lesser players she felt like. I thought Scott for Shelbyville did her best to slow down Luffman. You should have notice that when #14 hit some 3's Shelbyville put pressure on her when she got the ball. Shelbyville had to make adjustment and when they did it help. They wre not sure how the others players would play. Shelbyville knew what Luffman and Robbins would and could do.

Yes the rematch could be a good one but its in Feb. 3rd. Both teams will improve between now and then. What gets me Shelbyville respects all teams they play (players and coaches) but it seems that no one wants to respect them. Well I guess if no one will give you respect as a player or coach, you have to take it(respect) /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> . Shebyville thinks it got some tough games the rest of the season. They play Wilson Central two times maybe three if a tournament works out. Mt. Juliet at Mt. Juliet, Franklin Co at Franklin Co next friday night, and so on.

We will see on Feb. 3rd. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

SCHS is not a fluke, great coaches and players, hard work, knowledge, and preparation, always pays off. Year after year Shelbyville, seems to do it better than anyone!! They play tough teams and win their share. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Lawrence County came out playing great but foul trouble for Jordyn may have hurt. They did a great job of getting Hannah Dawson in foul trouble to though but didn't seem to take advatage of her being on the bench which tells me Shelbyville isn't a fluke at all. The players hurt for LC right now will both be back by then. Moore will definetly help and Claire Franklin is somewhat unknown in what she can do so I guess we'll wait and see. Great job by both teams though and can't wait till the rematch /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Lawrence Co. has some talented girls from top to bottom. They need a little work on their half court offense. They stand way to much. On defense they are not as aggresive as they should be. They have several great ball handlers and need to utilize more than just 2-3 to handle the ball and to produce on offense. The younger girls need confidence. They have 3 players that start that have no experience at the high school level of play - 1 sophmore and 2 freshmen). Give them a little more experience and LC will be a well rounded ball team. I think they will surprise several teams when it really counts.

Lawrence Co. has some talented girls from top to bottom. They need a little work on their half court offense. They stand way to much. On defense they are not as aggresive as they should be. They have several great ball handlers and need to utilize more than just 2-3 to handle the ball and to produce on offense. The younger girls need confidence. They have 3 players that start that have no experience at the high school level of play - 1 sophmore and 2 freshmen). Give them a little more experience and LC will be a well rounded ball team. I think they will surprise several teams when it really counts.

Why is that so funny? Why don't you think they respect the other members of District 8AAA? Don't they come ready to play every night?