Greenback vs William Blount

keesbball

Just a shout out to the Kee's YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! This was a really great game within 1 pt pretty much until late in the 4th GB loses by 3. It was a heartbreaker and I know the team is disappointed but you guys played a GREAT game. Titlow, Sabo, Buck, Denton, all you guys stepped up and played BIG! You make Greenback PROUD!!!! Great game WB thanks for having us. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just a shout out to the Kee's YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! This was a really great game within 1 pt pretty much until late in the 4th GB loses by 3. It was a heartbreaker and I know the team is disappointed but you guys played a GREAT game. Titlow, Sabo, Buck, Denton, all you guys stepped up and played BIG! You make Greenback PROUD!!!! Great game WB thanks for having us. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It was a great game to watch. Greenback fans packed their side of the gym ... looked like they had as many fans there as WB. Cherokee players, coaches, and fans were very classy and represented their school and community well.

Coach McCollum is a great coach. With his leadership and the talent this team has, they should one of the top single A teams around this year. Good luck to you'all.

As for WB ... call us the "cardiac kids." We're a young and smallish bunch--especially for the AAA level. We're off to a 5 & 1 start and I know in at least 4 of our games, we've been behind at the half. Three of those, we've been down by 9 or more at halftime. But the kids keep scrapping and finding ways to win. With four junior starters and three sophomores and couple more key juniors in the mix, this team's future is very bright. There might be some growing pains this year against the upper echelon teams in the district, but if we can hold it together, I believe we're going to get better and better.

Overall, it is a great group of young men with a lot of character and they've worked hard during the off-season and so far that hard work has payed off.