Clarkrange @ Clay County (Tues. Dec. 9th)

TopDawg83

Well now that the epic battle between the two goliaths of girls basketball has been played, let's continue the season and look ahead to next Tuesday night as the Lady Buffaloes come calling to the always friendly Black/Gold and now Purple Dawg House known better as Clay County High School.

Is anyone giving the Lady Dawgs a "snowballs chance" in this big district match up?

I overheard someone say that they would be lucky if they came within 50 points of Crange!

Beat the Lady Dawgs by 50 in their own house? Man, I can't wait to see this team!

Yes I understand that Heady has made them better, and that they are very deep and they have some outstanding freshmen players as well.

From what I have heard, this may be the BEST TEAM ever that Clarkrange has put on the floor, and after all has been said and done it may very well be.

Several years ago, our girls finally understood you played the team and not the Gold Balls Clarkrange had won and they started winning.

I just hope they go into Tuesday's game looking to play the TEAM and not the HYPE that has surrounded them so far!

With that said, what does everyone else think?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an excellent rivalry!

Watched the Lady Buffaloes last night, and was really impressed. However, we all know how district 7-A is; no one can let their guard down. A team such as Clay County, who has earned a great reputation throughout the state could easily knock off any top ranked team, even if they may be the underdog (absolutely no pun intended).

I'd really be surprised if CHS takes the Lady Dawgs,who already have some good wins under their belt, by more than 20. But CCHS will definately have to bring their "A" game to triumph...I think that is true for anyone going up against this squad.

I do believe the Lady Buffs have the stars aligned for them this year, but a lot of things can happen between now and February. Players start stepping up, benches start getting deeper.

And remember, intimidation goes both ways. Playing at Clay Co. (or Celina as it was back in the old days), has never been something Clarkrange has taken lightly.

Hopefully, it will be a good, clean called game both teams can learn from. I probably won't make the road trip, but I am looking forward to hearing the outcome.

Buffy I definitely agree with you. If CCHS doesn't bring their best game on Tuesday then probably no margin of victory will surprise me!

I look for this game to be almost like a regional final game atmosphere, with neither team really wanting to go on the road and but still realizing that girls basketball doesn't get much better and tougher than 7-A and 7-AA and they will get it done on the road as well.

Should absolutely be a rocking gym on Tuesday the 9th!

Clarkrange will win in blowout fashion. Prediction Clarkrange 75 Clay County 47. Book it!!!!!

Check the record books. In the last seven years, including all the tournament match-ups, Clarkrange never scored 70 points against the Lady Dawgs, let alone 75!

Previous Meetings

Jan. 8, 2008 at Clay Co. 22 Clarkrange 53

Dec. 4, 2007 at Clarkrange 65 Clay Co. 35

Jan. 27, 2007 at Clarkrange 65 Clay Co. 45

Dec. 5, 2006 at Clay Co. 42 Clarkrange 54

Feb. 23, 2006 at Clarkrange 69 Clay Co. 53

Jan. 10, 2006 at Clay Co. 33 Clarkrange 46

Dec. 6, 2005 at Clarkrange 68 Clay Co. 46

Feb. 24, 2005 at Clarkrange 44 Clay Co. 41

Feb. 10, 2005 at Clarkrange 47 Clay Co. 41

Dec. 7, 2004 at Clay Co. 76 Clarkrange 65

Mar. 4, 2004 at Clarkrange 33 Clay Co. 36

Feb. 27, 2004 at Clarkrange 48 Clay Co. 66

Jan. 13, 2004 at Clay Co. 50 Clarkrange 53

Dec. 9, 2003 at Clarkrange 51 Clay Co. 43

Feb. 27, 2003 at Clay Co. 63 Clarkrange 56

Jan. 14, 2003 at Clarkrange 61 Clay Co. 45

Dec. 10, 2002 at Clay Co. 64 Clarkrange 61

Feb. 22, 2002 at Clarkrange 66 Clay Co. 69

Feb. 22, 2002 at Clay Co. 69 Clarkrange 66

Feb. 8, 2002 at Clay Co. 39 Clarkrange 43

Dec. 4, 2001 at Clarkrange 48 Clay Co. 51

If CCHS loses it won't be by giving up 75 points AT HOME!

Curtain0471, I believe you are going to have to revise your bold scoring prediction!

thanks for those stats topdawg. i think the key to this game will be tight defense from clay county. look for freshmen roach and ogletree to help out with that. i also think that outside shooting will be a factor (kerr, roach, key, s. ogletree)

i predict a very tight first half, everyone knows how much energy is always in the dawghouse...it has always been that way...especially back when it was Celina High school. i am looking for a high quality game here, but i do have to give the edge to clarkrange. but they will have to play a solid game b/c clay county has been playing better every game. this could be the night for an upset!