Who will be new MTCS coach?

mofototo50

This is still intriguing to me. I am wondering what happened? Honestly I am not interested in hearing anything against Coach Shadowens or for him. I am just curious to hear the real reasons behind the change. Was it that he coached at Big public schools and simply was not used to the small school football scene. Did he have to teach classes at the school or have other responsibilities? I guess everything happens for a reason so hopefully it will work out best for all those involved. I can honestly say that I am shocked but with all the coaching changes and moves throughout the country at all levels I guess I shouldnt be. Good luck to both Coach Shadowens and MTCS.

I do not know reasons but I have heard some details. Shadowens had a meeting with administration on Monday morning. Everyone left the meeting "happy" and Shadowens informed those in the meeting that he was happy with the meeting and that he would be staying at MTCS. He even told his older daughter he was staying and she told her friends that they would be staying at MTCS. Around 2:30, Coach Shadowens, pulled his daughters out of class and informed them he was going to Blackman.

So the real reasons may only lie in the mind of Coach Shadowens. There were probably issues that he had to deal with as with any situation, but in a matter of 4 hours he went from happy and staying to resignation. Seems like high school football is just like college and the pros. Say you are staying until the offer gets to good to pass up. Good luck to both schools.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know reasons but I have heard some details. Shadowens had a meeting with administration on Monday morning. Everyone left the meeting "happy" and Shadowens informed those in the meeting that he was happy with the meeting and that he would be staying at MTCS. He even told his older daughter he was staying and she told her friends that they would be staying at MTCS. Around 2:30, Coach Shadowens, pulled his daughters out of class and informed them he was going to Blackman.

So the real reasons may only lie in the mind of Coach Shadowens. There were probably issues that he had to deal with as with any situation, but in a matter of 4 hours he went from happy and staying to resignation. Seems like high school football is just like college and the pros. Say you are staying until the offer gets to good to pass up. Good luck to both schools.

I spoke with someone by phone this morning who would definitely know and was told the ONLY reason for leaving was that certain things that were promised prior to taking the job never happened. ? This person didn't want to go into great detail, but said that Shad felt it better not to stir the pot by causing bad feelings with the school so they opted to take the new position without creating a situation for MTC. ? That is the reason why so little is known. ? The Shadowens chose to just leave the school and wish them much success in the future. ? No hard feeling are there toward the school or any faculty.

Our boy's benefited from Shad and his staff. They developed over the course of the year and need someone to keep pushing them down that path. I hope the Administration continues their commitment to excellence in the classroom and in the area of athletics. MTCS presents a good opportunity for a coach to build on the foundation started by Bassham and continued by Shad.

Just another obstacle that will prepare these boys for life -- adapt, improvise, and overcome!

Our boy's benefited from Shad and his staff. They developed over the course of the year and need someone to keep pushing them down that path. I hope the Administration continues their commitment to excellence in the classroom and in the area of athletics. MTCS presents a good opportunity for a coach to build on the foundation started by Bassham and continued by Shad.

Just another obstacle that will prepare these boys for life -- adapt, improvise, and overcome!

CoffeeBreak and others,

What can you tell me about the condition of the football program and school? I know they have only had a football team for a few years and I know that they had an impressive season this year in a relatively tough region with the likes of Cascade, Jo Byrns, Forrest and other quality teams on their schedule. Do they lose a lot of Seniors? Do they have a good group of kids coming up? What type of student athlete are they attracting at the school? Is the administration commited to making the program successful? Any insights would be appreciated, thanks!

CoffeeBreak and others,

What can you tell me about the condition of the football program and school? I know they have only had a football team for a few years and I know that they had an impressive season this year in a relatively tough region with the likes of Cascade, Jo Byrns, Forrest and other quality teams on their schedule. Do they lose a lot of Seniors? Do they have a good group of kids coming up? What type of student athlete are they attracting at the school? Is the administration commited to making the program successful? Any insights would be appreciated, thanks!

Potential Coaching Candidate? I don't know much about the program, but they stayed in 1A which means they won't have Forrest or Cascade to contend with as far as beating them out of a playoff spot. I think Eagleville, Moore County, and Huntland will provide plenty of competition for playoff positions. If I understand the new system correctly, only two of the four make the playoffs and none of these four are give me games.

CoffeeBreak and others,

Havoc005: most of that is probably a discussion best left off of the boards. If you post some means of getting in touch with you (e-mail address, etc.) C11: I have seen you refer to to someone sending you a pm but I confess to ignorance on how that process works.

6 seniors -- all good young men (6 of the 7 All-Region players on my earlier post taken from the school website). That being said plenty of starters returning and some good talent waiting for their opportunity on the field.

CoffeeBreak and others,

We lose 6 seniors. The football program has been around for 4 years, and the administration showed its committment by hiring Coach Shadowens, but who knows whether that will change...

Havoc005: most of that is probably a discussion best left off of the boards. If you post some means of getting in touch with you (e-mail address, etc.) C11: I have seen you refer to to someone sending you a pm but I confess to ignorance on how that process works.

6 seniors -- all good young men (6 of the 7 All-Region players on my earlier post taken from the school website). That being said plenty of starters returning and some good talent waiting for their opportunity on the field.

The "PM" option is only for Plus membership. So you wouldn't have that as an option unless you ponied up some money... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Boyd-Buchanan, Harding Academy (Memphis), Friendship, Jackson Christian: all programs who have enjoyed recent success and all staffed with members of the Church of Christ. I dare say there might be a good candidate on one of those staffs. Also, I happen to know several other coaches around the state at non-private schools that happen to be members of the Church of Christ. It doesn't limit the search as badly as people seem to think.