6-5a All Region Team

dwg03

"Chaz Scales??? Really??? Did Chaz Scales really win MVP??? Would someone please explain to me how he deserves that award. When I think of an MVP I think of a difference maker, but a difference maker in Big Games. The only difference he made in Big Games was he always found away to fumble the ball or throw it to the other team (Brentwood twice & Franklin). MVPs win games...Not lose them."

Scales won because almost every coach in 6-5a voted for him. Also, he lead his team to the best season in school history set more records than any other player in school history and hands down was the best player in this region.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Chaz Scales??? Really??? Did Chaz Scales really win MVP??? Would someone please explain to me how he deserves that award. When I think of an MVP I think of a difference maker, but a difference maker in Big Games. The only difference he made in Big Games was he always found away to fumble the ball or throw it to the other team (Brentwood twice & Franklin). MVPs win games...Not lose them."

Scales won because almost every coach in 6-5a voted for him. Also, he lead his team to the best season in school history set more records than any other player in school history and hands down was the best player in this region.

chaz scales is a good football player... but saying he is the best player in the region "hands down" is simply not true and you know that.. i can name 2 players from franklin that were better players.. nichols and ford... i understand why he won the mvp and i can honestly say i agree that he is.. but he is not the best player

The fact that he won the "Offensive Lineman of the Year" award is testament to how massively flawed and ridiculous the Region awards/ team selection truly is. How does that excuse become labled as the best offensive lineman and Connor Walkup gets left behind. Anyone who thinks that Logan Massengill deserves that award needs to go watch the Franklin vs Ravenwood film, and then re-think their position. He went up against Cole Nathan all night and he did not get close to Nathan one time...How does that deserve "Best Offensive Lineman of the Year"

Chaz Scales??? Really??? Did Chaz Scales really win MVP??? Would someone please explain to me how he deserves that award. When I think of an MVP I think of a difference maker, but a difference maker in Big Games. The only difference he made in Big Games was he always found away to fumble the ball or throw it to the other team (Brentwood twice & Franklin). MVPs win games...Not lose them.

If you tune in to MyTV30 this Saturday @ 11AM, you will get to see the following tackles play for the West team on the Toyota East/West All Star game.

DALLON HUDSON DAVID LIPSCOMB

WILLIAM JUDSON RAVENWOOD

BLAINE BOONE* WHITE HOUSE

LOGAN MASSENGALE RAVENWOOD

I don't see any Franklin tackles on the list as selected by Coaches, not to say Connor Walkup didn't deserve recognition. The entire front line for Franklin deserves praise for their team effort. Both Ravenwood tackles are being recruited by Division 1 schools. How is the recruitment going for Connor and is he getting any offers at the next level?

I would not exactly say anyone has fully "defused" my case. You all have just ignored it. I know you all at Centennial are frustrated because you have to live in "big brother's" Shadow (Franklin & Brentwood). But just for once give me a logical argument why anyone at CHS deserves anything over the leaders of Brentwood & Franklin.

I'll will defuse your case. Last time I checked MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. Now with that being said, without Scales Centennial is not a playoff team and probably goes 2-8 maybe 3-7. He was their difference maker. Yes he had his times where mistakes cost his team late in the game. But here is the point there, without Chaz in the lineup, does Centennial even keep the Brentwood or Franklin games respectable? Probably not. The coaches in the region realize this. You know the same group of coaches that has a nice collection of gold and silver balls in the trophy cases. I think they know what they are talking about. Franklin would still win without Nichols cause they can pound the rock, they could win without Ford cause they have Lee, Dye and Nichols in the backfield. Brentwood won without Crowe. So you tell me why Scales is not the most important player to his team in the region?

Also, Nichols and Ford play one way. Scales was on the field for about every snap during a game. That's how much his team needed him.

If you look at the offensive and defensive players of the year and the coaches nailed them as well. Maybe you need to take off your cardinal colored glasses and realize Centennial is turning their program around and they main reason for that this year is Chaz Scales. So you need to get of your complex of thinking no matter what people from Franklin are better than Centennial. They have some pretty good athletes.

Oh by the way, I am a rebels fan. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you tune in to MyTV30 this Saturday @ 11AM, you will get to see the following tackles play for the West team on the Toyota East/West All Star game.

DALLON HUDSON DAVID LIPSCOMB

WILLIAM JUDSON RAVENWOOD

BLAINE BOONE* WHITE HOUSE

LOGAN MASSENGALE RAVENWOOD

I don't see any Franklin tackles on the list as selected by Coaches, not to say Connor Walkup didn't deserve recognition. The entire front line for Franklin deserves praise for their team effort. Both Ravenwood tackles are being recruited by Division 1 schools. How is the recruitment going for Connor and is he getting any offers at the next level?

you know why massengale is getting recruited.. because he is 6' 6".. you know why judson is getting recruited.. because he is 6' 7"...thats it.. college coaches are looking for body size not talent... they will make you a better o lineman.. they want size... connor is 6' 2".. he has twice the amount of talent that massengale and judson has he just wasnt given the size... if you give him an extra 3 or 4 inches... there would be know question he would be going d 1... not only d 1 he would be going to a major college. im talking SEC.. this isnt about college recruiting though.. this is about your high school season... to take away an award from a senior that clearly deserved it is just wrong.. connor deserved this award more than anyone

CJIII

you know why massengale is getting recruited.. because he is 6' 6".. you know why judson is getting recruited.. because he is 6' 7"...thats it.. college coaches are looking for body size not talent... they will make you a better o lineman.. they want size... connor is 6' 2".. he has twice the amount of talent that massengale and judson has he just wasnt given the size... if you give him an extra 3 or 4 inches... there would be know question he would be going d 1... not only d 1 he would be going to a major college. im talking SEC.. this isnt about college recruiting though.. this is about your high school season... to take away an award from a senior that clearly deserved it is just wrong.. connor deserved this award more than anyone

CJIII

Using the midget envy syndrome as excuse...what's next?

Therefore you are calling all the high school district head coaches idiots, including your own Franklin coach. I'm sure if Connor Walkup deserved it, the coaches would have picked him. If you want to praise Connor, then do so but don't knock other players because of your personal opinion doesn't agree with the outcome. All the belly aching the world will not change a thing with the decision but only hurt the Franklin football image. Be thankful for what you have, what was accomplished this year, and leave a positive image of the team. AP's awards will be out soon, maybe Connor will show up on the list.