livingston@cannon

BigPun

All in all not a bad win for LA. 15 points in what could be considered a hostile environment. LA's best game. Not by any means. But with three of their first players on the bench most or all of the second half for fouls and injury (Peterman, Jackson, Smith), not a bad job. Bench played pretty well. Ramsey had a good game inside.

Lets give Cannon some credit. They are quick and play hard and shoot well from the perimeter, or at least they did tonight. They should get some good wins this year.

Lets give King some credit. The student body is a little much and obstacles thrown on the court should warrant a technical. Very classy.

There were 32 walks called in the girls game. The boys game was officiated just as odd. Not sure the total, but they called 4 walks on Peterman for LA alone. LA was called for carrying about 5 times. Not gonna say the refs were bad, just odd. Couldn't figure out which player fouled to shoot free throws??????? Come on.

Anyway......good job to Cannon's team. Much improved tonight. Good win LA. Keep improving. Get ready for the next one.

Well SCRUB, if you won't say it , I will "The refs were horrible." They lost control of the game and evidently don't know the rules of the game either. It is a shame the money they make and that is the results you get. If you or I did our jobs like that , we would soon be unemployed!!!!!! Neither team could get in a rythum because of them. Hope next one is better.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.......there were 57 walks called....32 in the girls game and 25 in the boys. 6 three-second calls in girls game on LA and 4 in boys game on LA. One of those on Kilgore as she finished a fast break???? One of those was on Dunn moving through the zone??? You're right. VERY difficult to get or keep rhythm with that many confused whistles. Refs congregated alot but never reached conclusions. TJ Smith undercut in the air on an inbounds ally-oop......not a good no-call. Really a wierd night.

Moving on...........

Turnovers for Cannon=double digits. Easy ones for Livingston=numerous. Lion's den? Is that where all the rednecks in the corner try to bash the visiting team? If so, that is more like a doghouse, because it had no bearing on the game. Fun win though, Pun.

P.S. Thank you to the woman calling the coach and players cocky, the boys behind the bench using sexual slurs, and the nice gentlemen who threw the ball on the court. Made it, that much better to win. Was very classy to be able to hear you 60 feet away, too.

yea but its all in fun and the person who threw the ball on the court was on the oppisite side of the court. and if it not having any effect i agree to an extent because we were yelling and the boys on the bench kept looking and not sure who but he was looking back and the coach was going to put him in but he was to busy be disstracted by us.. but anyway LA played a good game but with horrible refs its hard to win a game but the box score proves that we won the last 3 quarters and if we could have stopped that 15 0 run to start the game it might have been different but all in all a very intense game on both sides cant wait to travel up there to watch the game

All in all not a bad win for LA. 15 points in what could be considered a hostile environment. LA's best game. Not by any means. But with three of their first players on the bench most or all of the second half for fouls and injury (Peterman, Jackson, Smith), not a bad job. Bench played pretty well. Ramsey had a good game inside.

Lets give Cannon some credit. They are quick and play hard and shoot well from the perimeter, or at least they did tonight. They should get some good wins this year.

Lets give King some credit. The student body is a little much and obstacles thrown on the court should warrant a technical. Very classy.

There were 32 walks called in the girls game. The boys game was officiated just as odd. Not sure the total, but they called 4 walks on Peterman for LA alone. LA was called for carrying about 5 times. Not gonna say the refs were bad, just odd. Couldn't figure out which player fouled to shoot free throws??????? Come on.

Anyway......good job to Cannon's team. Much improved tonight. Good win LA. Keep improving. Get ready for the next one.

Well the refs screwed up so bad by putting the wrong livingston player at the line. Thats an inexcuseable screw up. But the officiating stunk on both sides. Cannon showed alot of heart coming back from a 27-10 deficit in the first quarter. Chase dunn played well making big shots and all in all it was a fun game to watch. As far as the ball being thrown on the floor that was uncalled for, but the student section calling names or whatever is fine. Thats what every student section is supposed to do.

How is it fine? Do tell.

Mr. King-should I tell you how it is fine-no, because I do not condone any name-calling. However, you can stop your belief that the LA contingent is not above any mistakes too! Let me guess, you need examples. OK, 1) 2 years ago at LA, we have a player fly into your student seating under the basket and get punched in the back repeatedly! Rebuttle???? 2) without naming names-one of Coach Melton's players going to the FT line to shoot another players FT, then YOUR Coach laughing about it. When and if you read your rulebook, you could clearly see that action is an automatic T.

Now, enough about u guys. I wish the ball was not thrown on the playing floor, that was unacceptable, and I have had that same conversation with the person who threw it. Again, I do not agree with any kids name-calling also. So we are in agreement.

We should also be in agreement that LA is a superior team that can do alot of great things in the post season. As well as the fact that the Cannon kids played up to their level, just fell short. I'm waiting on you to give the Cannon kids credit-don't let our fans allow you to remember that LA was on the ropes in a game they got out-coached in.

Well, I would have been the person under the basket that year, 100% sure, and I am the one who caught the kid. I remember it still. Never once did I hit him. That's ignorance. You want to see school spirit big poon, watch Duke, Tennessee, NC, etc. That's spirit. A few rednecks using sexual slurs is not school spirit. Out coached? HA! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well, I would have been the person under the basket that year, 100% sure, and I am the one who caught the kid. I remember it still. Never once did I hit him. That's ignorance. You want to see school spirit big poon, watch Duke, Tennessee, NC, etc. That's spirit. A few rednecks using sexual slurs is not school spirit. Out coached? HA! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ok-not gonna conversate with that. good luck LA and hope u bring a state title home to district 7-AA. "King"-goodluck to you too. I did not accuse you of being one of the three culprits under the basket throwing the punches-Did I?

And yet still no credit to our kids as Ihave praised yours, CLASS???? maybe not from you or just a select few others, however I believe that LA has a great fan base and a great school system. I mentioned out-coached becasue CC done nothing different but play their game, and LA never did ajust. And yes agian, LA has the superior talent, and yet LA had to make shots at the end (ramsey) to pull one out. Arguement? probably not. no disrespect to your coach.

I think there has been props given to CC's team. Good shooters, quick, hard workers. Superiority doesn't win basketball games, at least not always. Cannon's coach seems to be doing a great job. Who outcoached who is in the eyes of the beholder. LA has lost 2 district games since Coach Melton has been there and this is his fourth year. Thats what, now 43-2 in 7AA for LA's coach. Was he outcoached in those two losses? Maybe. He may have been outcoached in some of the wins as well. How are we gonna know that? Thing is......he wins consistently. Three years and three regular season and district championships. Not to mention last years state tourney run. While he's been at LA, they've won between 75-80% of overall games. And have you seen the schedule they've played. I'd like to see another team in 7AA play LA's schedule. If they had the nerve.

Just saying I'm gonna be sure I can back up my statements.

I'm not saying you are wrong. Maybe he got outcoached, but he got the win. In your gym. Again. In a game everyone agrees had bad officiating.

LA could lose in this district. We all know that. They have twice in three years, right. Most teams are gonna have their 'A' game against LA. LA lost by two 65-67 yesterday at Ensworth, the day after the "superior" talented team got outcoached. And like at Cannon, don't think LA played up to par. Players have to play the game too. By the way, Ensworth is VERY good. LA's 8-1 now. Can't wait to see LA with the monkey off their backs.

Looking forward to Cannon coming back to LA. Lots of ball to be played before then.