9AA Starts

Popcorn901

Why do FRA players leave for greener pastures? Seems like they are as good or better than any other team in the district.

FRA will be in Div II next year thus leaving 9AA. Not exactly greener pasturers just different pastures and alot of asphalt in the fan's windshield. Indeed, even though FRA lost to David Lipscomb last night FRA is as good or better than anyone in 9AA. However, I am biased. FRA is struggling to solve the riddle of getting a rhythm in low scoring games. Best to learn quick because CPA is next with what could be another low 30's scoring game going down to the wire.

Should be a heck of a finish to the year and the tournament for 9AA this year.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRA will be in Div II next year thus leaving 9AA. Not exactly greener pasturers just different pastures and alot of asphalt in the fan's windshield. Indeed, even though FRA lost to David Lipscomb last night FRA is as good or better than anyone in 9AA. However, I am biased. FRA is struggling to solve the riddle of getting a rhythm in low scoring games. Best to learn quick because CPA is next with what could be another low 30's scoring game going down to the wire.

FRA, CPA, and DL have had very, very close games that either team could have one with one different play or hit shot. They are all three very defense oriented, patient teams. You cannot force against any of them, or you will end up in foul trouble quick.

District 9AA will look very different next year with both FRA and Ezell going to DII. CPA and DL will be the lone privates left in the district. Speaking for myself, I will miss the FRA and Ezell rivalries that have been so much fun the past few years. Good luck in DII and be sure to get some bug and tar remover for all the driving. You will both be missed in 9AA.

I think FRA's struggles have more to do with foul trouble. Last night, Wyatt was in foul trouble, and I can't remember what the situation was for the Hume-Fogg loss, but holding on to leads has been a problem and that typically is caused by foul trouble.

I think FRA's struggles have more to do with foul trouble. Last night, Wyatt was in foul trouble, and I can't remember what the situation was for the Hume-Fogg loss, but holding on to leads has been a problem and that typically is caused by foul trouble.

Flat I can't say I disagree-as aggressive as FRA defends they may bail you out with a foul at any moment Pretty amazing though that fouls on an 8th grader could be a key...but not many 8th graders would be 1st in 3's and 3rd in scoring in 9aa. FRA was easing ahead till Wyatt picked up foul #3. To my statement however, Fra plays in a different mode when both teams are trying to score in transition. Vs. HF I think they got complacent with the lead and when HF exploded they didn't react well. Fouls played no major role IMO. HF also had a sequence of a 3 point followed by a T.O. followed by a 4 point possession- that will do in most of a 11 point lead. So most of that lead went away in about a 20 sec span.

FRA had a big win over CPA tonight. I would love details of the game from anyone attending.

Ezell squeeks past Pearl-Cohn, and DL won over MLK. DL looked pretty sloppy tonight and one of the refs was just plain horrible. He actually cheered when MLK hit a three. MLK has really improved, and their big inside girl is tough to rebound against.

Haven't heard about East Lit vs. Hume Fogg. I'm betting it was a good game as well.

Ezell and David Lipscomb face tomorrow afternoon. Hard to believe we are heading into the last week of the regular season. It's been a very fun year for 9AA. Best of luck to all in the tournament, and to the seniors as they head into their last high school games.

That was a big win for a young FRA team. This league does not look as strong as in years gone by but the overall competition is very equal.

I think CPA is still going to be the team. They play great defense. Great Coaching. The assistant coach that played at Lipscomb has definitely helped their D.

FRA has proven they can compete. They have youthful tallent and good coaching.

Hume Fogg (when healthy) can beat anyone in this league and they have the best player in Bagwell.

Lipscomb has done a nice job of getting back to their roots after putting all of their eggs in the Ellen Ross basket last year. They may be the sleeper.

Pearl Cohn has a very physical team, probably the most physical. They could find themselves in the semis with the right first round match-up.

Ezell may be circling the drain with the next two. They can't score inside and they are down a player. Good job by the first year coach though.

East Lit? We don't hear that much from them now. They have one question to be answered. Can they suprise a higher seed on the road again with less talent than last year? The record will be about the same as last year but can the coach get them to believe especially after they were picked at or near the top this year? It's easier to do when you can overachieve than when you are underachieveing.

MLK the second year coach has these girls going in the right direction. They are improving on talent and they are developing a positive attitude. They have two games left with East Lit I think. Look for them to keep a game close enough to maybe get their first district win in several years. They will not get out of the first round but they will definitely feel better about themselves.

What happened last night at FRA- CPA? This is always a grudge match, home and home series. It will be missed next year when FRA goes to Division II.

FRA out hussled and outplayed them. Defense, defense, defense. The officiating was good and let the girls play. FRA broke the CPA press consitantly.

Wyatt (8th grader) has matured since the first game in December (16 points), Smith was on her game (14 points), CPA's Anna Mithcell (9 points) was nuetralized by FRA's Ford (she did hit a 3 pointer at the end of the game when Ford was out and the game was won). CPA's Boyd and Radcliff we also nuetralized. Radcliff didn't score and fouled out and Boyd had only 6.

But it was truly a team win. Coach Chris Hart continues to show he can build and develop tough defensive teams.

At a record of 19-4, losing two conference games by 2 points each in the last 5 seconds, FRA can definately compete... and have been showing it. Yes, they are young which will be exciting to see them mature over the next few seasons. But there is still four conference games for each left this year and anything can still happen.

What happened last night at FRA- CPA? This is always a grudge match, home and home series. It will be missed next year when FRA goes to Division II.

FRA out hussled and outplayed them. Defense, defense, defense. The officiating was good and let the girls play. FRA broke the CPA press consitantly.

Wyatt (8th grader) has matured since the first game in December (16 points), Smith was on her game (14 points), CPA's Anna Mithcell (9 points) was nuetralized by FRA's Ford (she did hit a 3 pointer at the end of the game when Ford was out and the game was won). CPA's Boyd and Radcliff we also nuetralized. Radcliff didn't score and fouled out and Boyd had only 6.

But it was truly a team win. Coach Chris Hart continues to show he can build and develop tough defensive teams.

At a record of 19-4, losing two conference games by 2 points each in the last 5 seconds, FRA can definately compete... and have been showing it. Yes, they are young which will be exciting to see them mature over the next few seasons. But there is still four conference games for each left this year and anything can still happen.

If Hart stumbles they have Coach Pack over there who is the probably the best girls coach in the state. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If Hart stumbles they have Coach Pack over there who is the probably the best girls coach in the state. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Pack came to FRA to coach football and be an administrator. Hart has continually proven he can win.

This group of girls, except for Smith and the other two seniors and the one junior, have been playing together since 5th grade (3rd grade for Wyatt). Hart has coached them since they were in 7th grade. They have a special chemistry together. In 6th grade they were 2 and PLENTY. In 8th grade they won their middle school division and also the next year (this years freshmen that are on the bench) They know Hart and what he wants. They may be the best conditioned team in the division. I don't think Hart is going to stumble. The kids may lose a championship or division but they will always be winners.

At the beginning of the season no one except FRA expected excellent results. But there is still a long way to go this season with several important games. What I have enjoyed is that they are always competitive and play with both their heads and their hearts.