9AA Starts

Popcorn901

Why do FRA players leave for greener pastures? Seems like they are as good or better than any other team in the district.

Fra (the team)leaves for Div 2, it has nothing to do with greener pastures. IT WAS A JOKE...u know a LOL,, or for you english folks "an" lol ? 9AA has year after year placed teams in the final 8/4 of the state....

For those commenting on Chris Hart, get a life...this guy is a great coach. I can give you proof, line up against his team of young players and get beat. If you think they are good this year wait until next, when this young team gets a little older. Not only is Hart a great coach, he is a prime example of class on the court and off. A great example for the young women who get the privlidge of learning under him. If my freshman daughter wanted to play over at FRA.......she would have my blessings and she would be better for it.

what more could you ask?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fra (the team)leaves for Div 2, it has nothing to do with greener pastures. IT WAS A JOKE...u know a LOL,, or for you english folks "an" lol ? 9AA has year after year placed teams in the final 8/4 of the state....

For those commenting on Chris Hart, get a life...this guy is a great coach. I can give you proof, line up against his team of young players and get beat. If you think they are good this year wait until next, when this young team gets a little older. Not only is Hart a great coach, he is a prime example of class on the court and off. A great example for the young women who get the privlidge of learning under him. If my freshman daughter wanted to play over at FRA.......she would have my blessings and she would be better for it.

what more could you ask?

Thanks shpshter93. As a parent of a young adult (10th) at FRA I could not agree more. For any girl that wants to know about team and about pushing yourself, this is the right program. I am fortunate to be part of it.

what more could you ask?

No one is running down Hart. Just pointing out a fact that they have Pack who is arguably the best girls coach in the state.

Congrats to Lipscomb as they beat Ezell for the first time at Ezell. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This was a good solid win for Lipscomb, and like you mentioned, the first time they have beat Ezell at Ezell. Lipscomb had a good game plan for neutralizing Earps (she only had 2 pts). Ezell, however, had some other players step up and hit some big 3's. DL's Ellenburg had another bit game inside with consistant points. DL's weakness is rebounding. Playing a team reliant on out-side shooting, you would think that DL would have been doing the basics under the goal to rebound, but they did not. When Keene was side-lined with fouls, Ezell was able to keep it close. DL needs Keene in the game to win. She is typically not a big scorer, but she is their best defender, has great passes to the posts, and seems to fire up the rest of the team. Eakes was also out with foul trouble part of the first half, which certainly hurt Ezell's scoring. DL's Webb is certainly earning her points, and has been a perfect 6th man. She can play guard or post. She and Keene collectively have pulled more charges than any team in the district. These two face again on the 10th at DL. I expect it to be another close game with great defense. I will miss this district rivalry.

what more could you ask?

Great coaching at FRA, and definitely a lot of great, young talent!! We will miss you in 9AA, but definitely understand the messed-up playing field in TSSAA athletics in Tennessee. Sure wish the privates could form their own league. I know that is easier said than done!! Best of luck with a great program, school, and coaches. FRA= Class act!

Just pointing out a fact that they have Pack who is arguably the best girls coach in the state.

David Pack is a good coach but to throw him in an argument with the states best girls coaches? He won a state championship in the play for pay league over what, 10 schools? C'mon!

Numbersdontlie, why is your team struggling? What are you going to do to fix it? Can you make a tournament run this year?

All I can say is that we are blessed to have a team that is still hungry and that we are continuing to work hard everyday. We have indentified some team weaknesses and are working on them. Hopefully, when all the marbles are on the table, we will be prepared and healthy. That is really all you can ask for.

All I can say is that we are blessed to have a team that is still hungry and that we are continuing to work hard everyday. We have indentified some team weaknesses and are working on them. Hopefully, when all the marbles are on the table, we will be prepared and healthy. That is really all you can ask for.

I hope you get things turned around.

So no major upsets last night other than MLK over East Lit.

FRA gets a win over Pearl-Cohn

CPA over Ezell

Hume-Fogg over DL. I really thought this one would go differently watching the first quarter. DL does not adjust well to subs, and loses their momentum when you get out of their six primary players. They made the same predictable turnovers, had their best defender in foul trouble, and had no offensive rebounding. You could cut and paste what I wrote about their play in the Ezell game, except this time they lost. I think I have officially given up on them. I loved this team defensively, but it seems that they have lost that edge of late. Defense includes rebounding!! This is the same team that held Hillsboro to nine pts (primarily with rebounding) in the early season. I'm not sure what is broken, but they need to fix it, or they are one and gone in the district tournament.

Looks like Hume-Fogg has the gut and grit and awesome fundamentals to win the district. There are still some games to go, but nothing that will shake things up in the standings. All we are looking at now is seeding in the tournament between DL and FRA for three and four. I think Hume-Fogg and CPA are the hungriest and are better fundamentally skilled at passing, dribbling, scoring and rebounding (which is what this game is about). They also make the fewest mistakes. Miracles can happen, but it is doubtful at this point in the season. A team is a team by this point.

Good luck to 9AA top two and do us proud in the region.