Westview 10-0

howboutthemdogs

Is it true as 44 said that no 13AA teams have played each other. Are there any comparable scores with Tennessee teams? My recollection is that Ky. womens Basketball is not up to par with Tennessee (Watch the cards and letters coming in now, whew). For a comparison, it would be better to compare withj Millington, Wilson Central, Mt. Juliet, Shelbyville, etc. Were any of those schools in Shelbyville this summer and play any of these teams? Think I hard they did except no Westview. Realize your comment is your opinion and it has been posted that WV is a good team. Trying to figure out how good. just don't recognize that the three AAA Tennesee Teams are Dominent and their Student population isn't just a little more that WV. just looking for Creditability before you win the District before playing anyone.

PHargis, you may think this is coming from a biased opinion, but I'll tell you this.... Westview, Gibson Co., Obion Co. are all 3 LOADED! Although Westview has not started District play yet, they are the real deal.

Westview returns EVERYONE from last years team. Their 2 key players back to this years team are only Juniors this year. That being Grace Ann Swaim and Amber Rechis. Amber Rechis is one of the most dangerous shooters in the state and can shoot without anyone on her and with anyone on her. If you leave her open, you mine as well go ahead and point 3 points on the board. This team is VERY good and will battle for #1 in the District.

Gibson Co. returns EVERYONE off of the state tournament team except 1 key player in Jennilee Pate. She's replaced by a transfer from Obion Co. in Aubrey Reedy. GC also has one of the best PG's you'll see in the state in Heather Butler. Butler is very quick and can score at will despite her heigth. GC goes about 9-10 players deep each night with no drop off in talent coming off the bench. This team only has 3 Seniors, 2 start.

Obion Co. lost alot off of last years team, but they do have the best player of all in District 13AA in Chassidy Fussell. Fussell could wind up being a SEC player if she keeps this up. I think she's averaging about 31 PPG and had 30 against GC last night. Fussell is no joke and will probably wind up being a candidate for Ms. Basketball this year. To go along with her you have the Eaves girl that can shoot well.

Mark my words, 2 of these teams will be playing in Murfreesboro and one of them could even come away with a championship. This District is LOADED.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Westview and Gibson County and I really think this could be Gibson County's year but..........

After last years showing with Marshall County at the state tournament, there are alot of doubters. You have to do it on the court and Gibson County wont be pushed any this regular season unless it is Westview or Obion so will they be tournament ready?

I like Westview and Gibson County and I really think this could be Gibson County's year but..........

After last years showing with Marshall County at the state tournament, there are alot of doubters. You have to do it on the court and Gibson County wont be pushed any this season unless it is Westview or Obion so will they be tournament ready?

GC got pushed last night. We went into OT with Obion Central @ OC and won 82-76. It was a GREAT game! We couldn't stop Fussell.

I think all 3 of these teams will finish with atleast 1 District loss. Too tough, night in and night out to go undefeated in this District. Even when 1 of these 3 don't play either of each other, they'll have to play a tough Milan team or a decent Dyersburg or Dyer Co. team. I think top to bottom, this District is clearly the best. Of course, there may be a better AA team in the state than these 3, but top to bottom in the District it's more competitive.

Everyone kwows the bullseye is on GC's back ! Just like it was on OC's back the last 2 years !

yeah i'd have to say the bullseye is on gc's back... since they won the region last year...

and yeah i do think gc will lose one or two this year to obion or westview just because they always play each other tough...

and as for the whole state thing well i just wonder last year if the reason they lost so badly was because of first time jitters or because of being flat out less talented... i'm hoping this year if they get there they will know more of what to expect and will be better prepared.

PHargis, you may think this is coming from a biased opinion, but I'll tell you this.... Westview, Gibson Co., Obion Co. are all 3 LOADED! Although Westview has not started District play yet, they are the real deal.

Westview returns EVERYONE from last years team. Their 2 key players back to this years team are only Juniors this year. That being Grace Ann Swaim and Amber Rechis. Amber Rechis is one of the most dangerous shooters in the state and can shoot without anyone on her and with anyone on her. If you leave her open, you mine as well go ahead and point 3 points on the board. This team is VERY good and will battle for #1 in the District.

Gibson Co. returns EVERYONE off of the state tournament team except 1 key player in Jennilee Pate. She's replaced by a transfer from Obion Co. in Aubrey Reedy. GC also has one of the best PG's you'll see in the state in Heather Butler. Butler is very quick and can score at will despite her heigth. GC goes about 9-10 players deep each night with no drop off in talent coming off the bench. This team only has 3 Seniors, 2 start.

Obion Co. lost alot off of last years team, but they do have the best player of all in District 13AA in Chassidy Fussell. Fussell could wind up being a SEC player if she keeps this up. I think she's averaging about 31 PPG and had 30 against GC last night. Fussell is no joke and will probably wind up being a candidate for Ms. Basketball this year. To go along with her you have the Eaves girl that can shoot well.

Mark my words, 2 of these teams will be playing in Murfreesboro and one of them could even come away with a championship. This District is LOADED.

How many schools are in the district and how many district games do each play? And when does District play start? Might want to see a game or two.

There are 7 teams in the District and we play 2 District games per opponent each year. That'll make 14 District games. Districts and Regionals will be held at Gibson Co. High School this year. I'm not sure of the exact dates, but it'll be sometime in February. District play has already started. GC played Obion Central last night and Dyer Co. played Crockett Co. last night.

If you don't want to wait until District Tournaments, GC host Martin Westview Tuesday Jan. 6th and that upcoming Friday Obion Co. will be at Westview.

Also, I knew the bullseye was on GC's back this year. I was trying to pass the torch onto the person that wanted Westview at the top spot in 13AA right now, lol.

There are 7 teams in the District and we play 2 District games per opponent each year. That'll make 14 District games. Districts and Regionals will be held at Gibson Co. High School this year. I'm not sure of the exact dates, but it'll be sometime in February. District play has already started. GC played Obion Central last night and Dyer Co. played Crockett Co. last night.

If you don't want to wait until District Tournaments, GC host Martin Westview Tuesday Jan. 6th and that upcoming Friday Obion Co. will be at Westview.

Also, I knew the bullseye was on GC's back this year. I was trying to pass the torch onto the person that wanted Westview at the top spot in 13AA right now, lol.

I haven't seen Westview but have heard good things about the team. Gibson County is a very solid squad. Good depth, good coaching and extremely fundamental.

I think all 3 of these teams will finish with atleast 1 District loss. Too tough, night in and night out to go undefeated in this District. Even when 1 of these 3 don't play either of each other, they'll have to play a tough Milan team or a decent Dyersburg or Dyer Co. team. I think top to bottom, this District is clearly the best. Of course, there may be a better AA team in the state than these 3, but top to bottom in the District it's more competitive.

13AA is not as tough as last year. I would say that 13AA was the best district in the state last year. The three teams you mentioned (Gibson County, Westbiew & Obion) are very good teams but everybody else is down this year. Milan, Dyersburg, Dyer County & Crockett would have to play flawless to beat Gibson County or Westview in my opinion. Milan could beat Obion.

*Upsets happen and it would be a big upset if anybody else in the district beats Westbiew or Gibson County so I would say there are better districts in the state from top to bottom this year.

Yea, Westview is the favorite of the District now! BULLSEYE'S on YOUR back now!

Its to late for that now. You have squarely put the bullseye on Gibson County's back with all your previous posts on how good Gibson County is for the next 4 years. Remember, you said "the best freshman class ever." I'm kidding you.................. but you have made it clear that Gibson County is loaded.