CPA Public Relations Firm

Guest 481

Could someone advise me on who the PR firm is for CPA?

Monday in The City Paper, Anthony Lane and Dominic Bonvissuto highlighted region 5-1A. And even though Ezell is the defending Champ, CPA's pictures are in full color and Antione Owens, who is having a great career, gets a black and white photo.

Today in the Tennessean Bryan Muller starts to write a recap of the jamborees last night and then veers off to write an article about a CPA player.

This makes for great download material when someone, perhaps transferring into Nashville wants to know about CPA football and I think other schools might want some of this action.

Ezell, please, you know what you have to do, practice hard, play harder, and want a repeat championship even more. The public will give you the respect that obviously the newspapers don't.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest w2eagle

If ezell really wants respect dont base it on one year results. The previous 6 year to last year CPA outscored Ezell 231-29 and of those 29 points 1 Touchdown was in the first 3 quarters before they put in there subs. Respect also is going to the playoffs 7 years in a row like CPA has.

Guest w2eagle

Could someone advise me on who the PR firm is for CPA?

Monday in The City Paper, Anthony Lane and Dominic Bonvissuto highlighted region 5-1A. And even though Ezell is the defending Champ, CPA's pictures are in full color and Antione Owens, who is having a great career, gets a black and white photo.

Today in the Tennessean Bryan Muller starts to write a recap of the jamborees last night and then veers off to write an article about a CPA player.

This makes for great download material when someone, perhaps transferring into Nashville wants to know about CPA football and I think other schools might want some of this action.

Ezell, please, you know what you have to do, practice hard, play harder, and want a repeat championship even more. The public will give you the respect that obviously the newspapers don't.

If ezell really wants respect dont base it on one year results. The previous 6 year to last year CPA outscored Ezell 231-29 and of those 29 points 1 Touchdown was in the first 3 quarters before they put in there subs. Respect also is going to the playoffs 7 years in a row like CPA has.

I realize that the journalists (Journalists are our nation's most precious natural resources.) at the City Paper believe that CPA is the favorite to win the region.

The readers may find it interesting however that Ezell Harding recieved twice as many votes as CPA in the Tennessean's online poll for the best local team.

I put journalists in the same boat as lawyers.

Posted by w2eagle:

Hey w2eagle,

Spreading lies about CPA doesn't make them any better either. Playoffs 7 years in a row?

That's a real good one. Check your stats before you post them. CPA has had an excellent record over the past three years, though...

I am a little fuzzy on 1995 but here is the playoff record for CPA.

1996 - Eliminated by Cloudland (2nd round)

1997 - Quarterfinal loss to Trousdale (54-0)

1998 - Quarterfinal loss to Trousdale

1999 - Quarterfinal loss to Trousdale

2000 - State

2001 - 2nd round loss to Collinwood.

I can't remember if CPA lost to Gordonsville in 95 or in an earlier year.

Regardless it is at least 6 plaoffs in a row, possibly 7.

[Edited by OnlineLC on 8-25-02 4:11P]

1995 CPA loses to Trousdale 1st round

1996 CPA loses to Cloudland 2md round

1997 CPA loses to Trousdale 3rd round(beat Gordonsville 1st round)

1998 CPA loses to Trousdale 3rd round (starting to establish a pattern here)

1999 CPA loses to Trousdale 3rd round

2000 CPA wins State (beats Trousdale 3rd round, finally)

2001 CPA loses to Collinwood 2nd round

Play-Off record since 1993 13 wins 6 losses

All of these stats are from Earl's homepage

1996 Ezell loses to Trousdale 1st round

1999 Ezell loses to Trousdale 2nd round (they were and are tough)

2001 Ezell wins State

Play-Off record since 1993 6 wins 2 losses

Hope this helps.

..and a note to 481, as Tommy said to Dick Smothers, "yeah, well Mom always did like you better!" ;)

[Edited by robjim on 8-25-02 8:42P]

Posted by wizard:

I realize that the journalists (Journalists are our nation's most precious natural resources.) at the City Paper believe that CPA is the favorite to win the region.

The readers may find it interesting however that Ezell Harding recieved twice as many votes as CPA in the Tennessean's online poll for the best local team.

I put journalists in the same boat as lawyers.

I put those people who get so worked up about one newspaper's football predictions - HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, no less - that they feel compelled to dog those people who work in two professions which, despite their random shortcomings, as a whole add value to this world, in even a smaller boat that you, wizard, put your journalists and attorneys.

Oh yeah - those readers' polls mean so much more than journalists' opinions. Case in point - look at the CoachT fan poll in DII-A. Some fans out there actually believe that a school which doesn't even have a football program (Lausanne) this year will actually finish ahead of a school (e.g., First Assembly) that actually does have a football program. Those readers know their stuff.

Disclaimer: neither an attorney nor a journalist; neither a CPA fan nor an Ezell fan. Go ahead and make your snide comments, wizard - you've done it before; I'm sure you will do it again.

Rollredroll: Lawyers expropriate existing capital and resources. They create absolutely no value. It is purely a money redistribution game.

I admit that journalists are a bit higher on the ladder. I guess opinions are worth something. However, many have a hidden agenda. So don't believe it all rollred.

Furthermore, I trust "aggregate fan opinion" over that of journalists any day.

Nice try.

[Edited by wizard on 8-26-02 12:32P]