Free throw violation or not?

NumbersDontLie

Don't know if it applies to TSSAA but per the IACIO (Inter Association Council of Athletic Officials) one of the free throw violations is:

The free thrower shall not have either foot beyond the verticle plane of the edge of the free throw line which is farther from the basket or the three throw semi-circle.

So, if the free thrower gets the ball and steps on the semi-circle it would be a violation.

it is definitely a violation no line is on the floor unless that line denotes a rule and the lane which is from top oe key and goes to end lines inside the arch behind the foul line is where a foul shot has to be taken, and inside the foul line within the two lines is the 3 second violation for ofense . You use to have a pentration line on each side but the 5 second call replaced it.

Ok, sorry but my rule book is at school and I have googled my brains out. If the free throw shooter catches the ball from the referee, goes up to get set, puts their foot on the free throw line, then moves it back behind the line, and shoots the ball...is it a violation. I always thought that is was only a violation if they were on or outside the line when the shot occurred.

If possible, tell us what the terminology is from the rule book that TSSAA uses. I believe it is the NFHA book.

Player catches the ball from the referee, takes a step back, her heel touches the the 3 point line?

This is a violation. A free thrower must be inside the circle and behind the freethrow line when they receive the ball. At any point they touch a line with There foot after receiving the ball it is a violation. Just as if you touch a out of bounds line when dribbling you are out of bounds. same principle.

This is a violation. A free thrower must be inside the circle and behind the freethrow line when they receive the ball. At any point they touch a line with There foot after receiving the ball it is a violation. Just as if you touch a out of bounds line when dribbling you are out of bounds. same principle.

Where is it in the rule book?