ACL tears

lilc3

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen

i sure do wish there were! THe biggest problem i'm having is getting full extention..... still. ive gotten it 1 time i think, in therapy after the muscles were relaxed and massaged. it kinda feels like im never gunna get better... ive got like 4 more months to go... long boring months

i sure do wish there were! THe biggest problem i'm having is getting full extention..... still. ive gotten it 1 time i think, in therapy after the muscles were relaxed and massaged. it kinda feels like im never gunna get better... ive got like 4 more months to go... long boring months

You will get there, just get yourself a goal, and that might be summer ball. Set yourself a goal for getting ready to play, then start setting weekly goals. Don't look at the lttle failures, but look at succeeding each week at the goal you set.Then set your goal for the next week, and work toward that. Its like in six months I am going to swim a mile, that is my goal, but next week I am going to walk in the water, then the next week after I accomplish that goal, then I am going to swim 5 feet, then 10 feet, then 100 feet, and eventually you will swim 5280 feet, one mile, the big goal. Bottom line, set goals, get small successes and then the big goal! Best Wishes /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And how long have you got to live in full recovery. And, I for one, am being inspired by you and others who are helping each other recover and explaining what you are going thru. Four months takes you thru June and July to do PT as is perscribed and get much stronger. That's a good time frame.

Remember what we talked about approx a year ago. You have no decision about recovery, you have to do it. As you now know sports can be taken away in just an instant. You have decisions about sports in the future that you will have to make. It is not as simple as lacing up the shoes and deciding to go play. But remember what is the one thing in school that no one can take away from you. Thats those grades, I hope they are flourishing along with the hard work re-habbing the knee. Make sure those grades are going up or in the process of going up. The goal should be college whether its by sports or not. What you decide on this will have an effect on the rest of your life. Everybody gets down, but try and not stay down. Be a fighter, and remember there are may rewards to those who stay the course. If its sports, great, if not academics is great as well. Please go to college. Take care, /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Remember what we talked about approx a year ago. You have no decision about recovery, you have to do it. As you now know sports can be taken away in just an instant. You have decisions about sports in the future that you will have to make. It is not as simple as lacing up the shoes and deciding to go play. But remember what is the one thing in school that no one can take away from you. Thats those grades, I hope they are flourishing along with the hard work re-habbing the knee. Make sure those grades are going up or in the process of going up. The goal should be college whether its by sports or not. What you decide on this will have an effect on the rest of your life. Everybody gets down, but try and not stay down. Be a fighter, and remember there are may rewards to those who stay the course. If its sports, great, if not academics is great as well. Please go to college. Take care, /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hey people... just as an update: My knee is doing great. still going to PT 2x a week. its very challenging still as you could imagine. I can swim and bike now, which is amazing to get to do cardio! i go to the doc on tuesday for a check up. But things are goin smoothly thank goodness! no infections or retears thus far. I still can't run. But my pt says i will be soon.

stbulldog im proud to say that my grades have improved alot, ive been working hard. gunna take my ACT in june. Thanks for your post and encouragement

I haven't seen you post or for that matter anyone else. You have been invaluable to everyone who has read this thread and an encouragement to a lot of people. Keep this thread going aslong as you feel you need it and you might be of help to many. Good luck and I will look in at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen you post or for that matter anyone else. You have been invaluable to everyone who has read this thread and an encouragement to a lot of people. Keep this thread going aslong as you feel you need it and you might be of help to many. Good luck and I will look in at times.

bump

Hey people... just as an update: My knee is doing great. still going to PT 2x a week. its very challenging still as you could imagine. I can swim and bike now, which is amazing to get to do cardio! i go to the doc on tuesday for a check up. But things are goin smoothly thank goodness! no infections or retears thus far. I still can't run. But my pt says i will be soon.

stbulldog im proud to say that my grades have improved alot, ive been working hard. gunna take my ACT in june. Thanks for your post and encouragement

That is great to hear. No two ways about it, you are a winner. I am proud for you too. My prayers are with you. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i got a little predicament. My doctor (Dr. Clarke of scenic city sports medicene) is no longer practicing in the chattanooga area where i currently reside. i've got 3-4 more months recovery time, and he's given me 30 days to finda new doctor. does anyone have any refferals? i really don't want this to effect my recovery time at all so i need one fast.

My 12 year old daughter tore her ACL back in March while playing AAU. Her doctor says she'll most likely play this season. She will be a 7th grader next year and she's a post (5'10). I was wondering (from anyone player or parent, who has experienced this) should we let her sit out the whole year? This a pivotal year in her development, she was going to start and I don't want her to get behind as far as development, but at the same time her mother and I want her to be 100% when she takse the court again. My thinking is she sits out the year, and gets ready for her 8th grade year by playing AAU again in the spring. Or should we let her come back when the doctor clears her. Any ideas?