Tennessee Helmet Project

rollredroll

I posted this on the 1A-2A-3A board, but want to get the message out on this board as well, as some of these new schools will be in the new, larger classes.

The following schools will have helmets for which we need descriptions, logos, color schemes, etc. The list as it stands now is as follows:

Hardin Valley

West Creek

Cane Ridge

Southwind

East Hamilton

Chattanooga Christian

East Literature

Hancock County

Pickett County

Scotts Hill

South Gibson

Douglass

Riverside Christian

I have helmets sorted by the new classes here. In addition to the new school helmets, if there have been any changes to your school's helmet, please let me know. Note: logos work the best. I saw a ton of logos floating around at the East-West All-Star game today, so if you can get your hands on one of those, even better.

Thanks.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested. They would be placed here. Thanks.

Goodlettsville-Mid-60's thru '77: bluish/silver helmet (like Dallas) with dark blue Georgia Tech decal on sides

'77 into early '80's: dark blue with single yellow stripe. they were wearing something different when

school closed, but don't recall what (I was in exile then)

Dupont Late '60's-early '70's: solid red

Pearl: Mid '60's-closing: solid red

Bellevue '70's: silver with black stripe

Litton late '60's: blue helmet (royal) with red stripe

Madison changed fairly often...in the late '60's they wore black helmets with orange ram horns (not as curled as the

pro team or Colo. State)

Clarksville Burt '69: Solid gold

All had gray facemasks

Goodlettsville-Mid-60's thru '77: bluish/silver helmet (like Dallas) with dark blue Georgia Tech decal on sides

'77 into early '80's: dark blue with single yellow stripe. they were wearing something different when

school closed, but don't recall what (I was in exile then)

Dupont Late '60's-early '70's: solid red

Pearl: Mid '60's-closing: solid red

Bellevue '70's: silver with black stripe

Litton late '60's: blue helmet (royal) with red stripe

Madison changed fairly often...in the late '60's they wore black helmets with orange ram horns (not as curled as the

pro team or Colo. State)

Clarksville Burt '69: Solid gold

All had gray facemasks

Thanks. I have a list a mile long of things to do on the site, but I will get to these some time in the near future.

I hear she landed on her feet as Ensworth's new recruiting coordinator. BA got outbid...again!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

At least we've identified one of them. Whenever I call out to MBA to complain, i always ask for the recruting director, since I think that's the beginning and end of all the problems. Do I get to speak to him? Never, not once, they won't even acknowledge that he exists. Mind you, my contributions aren't in the Frist range, but i send them upwards of $100 a year (every year, mind you, I'm not a fair weather fan), and i think I should get some say in return for that. I realize it has it's limitations; I don't expect a Nextel connection to McGugin during the games, though i think I'd be a lot of help. For example, he passed on several occasions this year when i would have run. I think that might have made a difference in the ensworth game. Still water under the bridge.

Back to the recruting director: he must know where the bodies are buried, as he seems absolutely untouchable. I'll bet you get a similar runaround from the folks out on Granny White.