Lewis County 51 Moore County 14

donhaney

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moore County Football is really off right now. Lewis County has very good AA team. The score could have been a lot worse than it was. Moore County only has 28 players. I think they only play about half of them. Moore County is very small with only 4 seniors and maybe 6 juniors. I don't expect many wins this year for them. On the other hand Lewis County is a program going the opposite direction. They have a lot of players and seem to be well coached. Lewis County has a bunch of big players. I don't think they will win the state but they will be tough to beat.

Acer, you are right about blocking and tackling. One team did and the other did not. That leaves the blame on the coaches of one team. That probably is the biggest problem with Moore County. The current staff took over 4 years ago and the team has been slipping a little each game since they took over. The stables were full 4 years ago and now barley have enough to field a team. But, the season is still young and maybe something good will happen for Moore County before the season ends.

Posted by blueboy:

Acer, you are right about blocking and tackling. One team did and the other did not. That leaves the blame on the coaches of one team. That probably is the biggest problem with Moore County. The current staff took over 4 years ago and the team has been slipping a little each game since they took over. The stables were full 4 years ago and now barley have enough to field a team. But, the season is still young and maybe something good will happen for Moore County before the season ends.

The old saying is you have to have horses to pull the wagon and Moore County did not have enough to do it last night. But, I think Coach Price is a good coach. People need to shut their mouths about coaches after just one loss. I know they have struggled for a few years. I think the coach before Price knew when to get out. Most of the good coaches know. Ken Colquette knew when to leave Marion. Look at what happened there. There were no more Eric Westmorelands or Anthony Martins to pull the wagon.

From what I had heard, Moore County was supposed to be much improved and Lewis County should have been slow out of the gate with a lot of new faces at skill positions and on the offensive line. Did the weather play a factor in this one? This should have been much closer, someone who was at the game please shed some light.. I am really baffled?

Moore Co. didn't have a chance. I don't see how people can say that Moore Co. should be better this year. Moore Co. lost about 12 seniors last year and they were all starters. Most of them had been starting since their sophomore year when they played in the Clinic Bowl. People that say Coach Price is a good coach just don't know much about him. He is a nice guy but can't coach a lick. Nice guys finish last sometimes. Moore Co. football is hurting right now because of him. Support from the community is not much right now. Coach Price had been telling people in Lynchburg that Lewis Co. was not very strong before the game. He also has been telling people that the region is weak and he has a chance to win the region. Don't be surprised if Moore Co. goes 2-8 this year. In this case the Price is not right.

It looks to me like Coach Price could use some help. Three coaches for Jr High and the High School together. That's not going to cut it anywhere. The talent level is certainly down from 4 years ago, but small 1A public schools go through cycles like this. The guy who was there before Price must have been a better recruiter because he had WAY more talent than they have now. Moore County played hard and looked sound with their technique they just faced a team that is on a completely different level talent wise.

Posted by blueboy:

The coach before Price was McCurry. His assistants were Moffett and Price. 3 coaches total. He had some part time help from time to time. You hit the nail on the head. Price can not teach techniques.

I don't think the outcome of Friday Nights game had any thing to do with Coach Price's ability to Coach. They got outplayed by a better team. I think Moore County had good technique that were just out matched, this time. This Friday night Moore County will win.

We just got beat by a better and bigger school. At least we play tough competition in our out of region games LEWIS CO and GORDONSVILLE is the other. Everyone else on our schedule are region games. We could have picked up easy teams but what good is that! The RAIDERS ARE JUST GETTING STARTED! BEWARE FORREST MC 28 FORREST 7

Blueboy,

What is your opinion on the region this year? I will let you know from the beginning that I am from Collinwood so I have to say my Trojans will win it but how tight do you think it will be? To be honest, just reading this board and hearing your comments AND knowing how tough our region can be some years, I am even wondering if M.C. can pull a play-off birth. I can guarentee you that Wayne County will be tough and I'm not sure how good C.A. or Mt. Pleasant are this year but they always give us a game. Look forward to hearing from you.

T